What's New Scooby-Doo?

The WB (ended 2006)

Rtkat3

What's New Scooby-Doo? Fan Reviews (53)

• Ok show

It's not the best Scoobydoo series but it is a good show .The monsters could've been a little more scarier like in Scooby doo Mystery Incoroprated.
  • Bit better than original

Various ep (03)
  • This show was awesome.

The show is the only cartoon to come close to being good as the 1st Scooby Doo series. I loved this cartoon.
  • The best show ever. For 4-5 year olds.

5.5
    It's cheesy and camp. I mean, I would highly reccomend this show to young kids because it's not scary.

To summarise, an alright show, good for kiddies.
  • The last GOOD Scooby-Doo cartoon since Shaggy & Scooby-Doo Get a Clue! ever existed

This was the last GOOD Scooby-Doo cartoon in my opinon. The show is great. Nuff said.
  • God, why can't they just leave a d*mnclassic alone?

I have nothing good about this show to say, it's terrible. Just another crappy scooby-doo spinoff that doesn't stand out at all. It's predictable, childish, and the humor is really watered down from the origional series.

There have been a couple of good spinoffs, but they were back in the 90's. This is just a monstrocity.

I don't know why, but they made Fred stupid. WHY?? That's just...so out of character. He was clever, he knew what to do. Why did they have to HIM of all people the comedy releif character? Weren't scooby and shaggy enough?

Like I said before, the humor is just...terribe really. Nothing for adults, just younger kids.

I don't know what else to say honestly, but this show really makes me miss the origional.

• The best Scooby-Doo spin off since The New Scooby-Doo movies

Finally, a spinoff that follows into the original Scooby Doo's footsteps. SD has had its share of bad spinoffs, but this one is good. It doesn't feature Scrappy-Doo, nobody in the gang is missing, and the mysteries are just as original as the ones in the first series. If we ever get any more SD spinoffs, they better be like this one.
  • Even better tha the other Scooby shows! Its so cool,very nice episode plots,awesome animation and great mysteries!

I am so glad they made this spi-off the original show and its other shows are great as well but this on is my favorite.Because this one has better animation,plots,and music in each episode.They have tchnology in this show like comuters and phones-things that werent around when the original show premiered.

So this is my fav scooby show.Scooby lasted since late 60's and hopefully will last til like 2030's.
  • Come on, It's Scooby Doo!

I of course love anything Scooby Doo ( i meam look at my icon :p) Now, this show was admittitly not as good as the orignal, but what show is?!? I give it a thumbs up and and im just happy they were able to bring some new scooby doo mysteries to life! You try writting new stuff about a talking dog and a group ror mystery solving teen-aged kids. When it's been being written since.... a really long time ago. :P (it's late and i dont' feel like finding out exactly when it came out) But i think it came out in the 60's, so thats 40 years! Again, a big thumbs up!
  • One of the worst Scooby-Doo cartoons ever!

Man, did I hate this cartoon! Sometimes when I would see a glimpse of it or see the ads, I shed a tear in anger. Warner Bros. Animation did a really poor job producing this mediocre cartoon. I did not like Sander Schwartz because he produces really boring cartoons like "Xiaolin Showdown" and "Justice League Unlimited" and almost anything featuring action or a superhero. And then he messed up Scooby-Doo! Just when things couldn't get worse, they did... "Shaggy and Scooby-Doo Get a Clue" came out and that was just as bad! This show is just a mockery of the original series, which doesn't air on Cartoon Network anymore! They tried too hard to be like "A Pup Named Scooby-Doo," but failed miserably, and it came out looking and sounding like the late 1960s Warner/Seven Arts cartoons (with Cool Cat, Merlin the Magic Mouse and company.)

My bottom line? Skip this series altogether (along with the "Get a Clue" series), and just stick with the 1969-1979 classics, "A Pup Named Scooby-Doo" and the new "Scooby-Doo, Mystery Incorporated." Those are a LOT better!

• What's new?? I thinkit should be what's old!!

WHat kind of show is this?? It's just the same old junk that you would see in a regular episode. It's nothing new. You see the same old characters and the only thing they are doing is solving mysteries just like in the regular episode. And of course, you would see ghost and monsters and bla blah blah..... I'm not trying to offend people who like the show (that is if ANYONE likes this show), but I'm sorry... it's nothing new. WHat is up with Cartoon Network today?? Can't they just leave our fave shows alone and stop making boring crap??
  • The glutton of an unrealistic dog is back in a more modern show.

0.5
    Scooby Doo has never been suited to its job. Why would a cowardly 4-legged food processor that talks waste its time disgracing the dog world on this show? Even for those who liked the original (I'm not saying I'm one), this may be too modern. Plus, it gets less original with each episode. Don't you think depriving a person of their mask, tying them with a rope, and hearing them call you a meddling youngster is outdated? At least someone could be chased by a mad chimpanzee or something. Scooby Doo should, in my mind, stop airing and be replaced by Yogi Bear.
  • This may be the best Scooby-Doo series ever.

I wasn't a big fan of Scooby-Doo when I was growing up. Mainly because I mostly watched violent action-oriented shows. Now, I watch Scooby-Doo as much as I can. I even love, well let's not go that far. I like the movies. The old Scooby-Doo show is a harmless, charming and most importantly fun, not funny, but fun. By that I mean it's not filled with brilliant comedic moments having you rolling on the floor laughing. But you'll smile and have a good time watching it. "What's New Scooby-Doo?" is even better. And it's sometimes really funny. The creatures, or rather costumes look more menacing and scary than in any of the earlier installments. There's also more action and peril, making for some genuine exciting episodes. The mysteries are clever, varied and takes place all around the world. One thing I will say though is that some of the solutions are too "out-there". You know, illogical, strange. I guess "dumb" is the word I'm looking for. Now this is only in 1,2 or maybe 3 episodes. And it's a very minor problem. Actually I won't even so so far and say it's a problem. It's a small detail that's easily overlooked, especially considering the rest of the episode was great fun. Also, the animation is great when compared to other animated shows on TV. This is a superb show for young kids and adults alike.
  • another scooby doo spinoff.but this time scooby and his friends arent in early 60-is and early 70-is,they are in todays modern world.that was an epic faliur!

3.6
    first of all why did they moved the plot in our time?i loved the old scooby way better.and the sweet 60-is music played in the background.but in a new version they changed that and added some unfitting music.they changed their clothes.why?i only like that velma is out or that tacky sweater but i dont like other changes.scooby has a new voice that is so annoying and hardly says anithing anymore.the gang dont go to cemeterys and castels and scary places,they now go to lame places like dog shows and campuses.where is the mistery in that?and they changed freds personality.he was smart before and always knew what to do.now he is so stupid and full of himself!and the animation is horrid.they looked better with dots for eyes.now they look so creepy.and their skin is yellow now!why?and in some episode when they go to japan asians had grey skin!and plus they were chased by police for a crime they did not do.that sort of crap would never happen in old scooby doo!this show stinks and im glad its canceled!
  • Best cartoon EVER!!

I love Scooby Doo sooo much!!
    And have done since I was a little kid.
    It is my favourite kids' cartoon of all time!
    I think the "what's new scooby doo?" is the best Scooby Doo on tv, though I do like the 70's Scooby Doo as well, though that is more what my parents watched lol.
    Basically this show is about 4 friends:
    Fred - The handsome, leader type.
    Velma - The smart, brainy type.
    Daphne - The girly-girl type.
    Shaggy - The dumb, scared, but lovable type.
    And their dog Scooby Doo (who is very similar to Shaggy).
    Together, they solve mysteries all over the world!
    This is an awesome awesome show! I watch it on Teletoon every morning!
    I really think they should make more episodes though!
    I have seen almost all of them lol, but they really are great.
    I am almost 16 and I love this show, so that just shows it never gets old :) (Or not to me anyway).
    Love it!
  • Scooby Doo is resurrected yet again, bringing the tired old formula with it, and actually thinks it's funny. It isn't.

4.4
    Remember "Scooby Doo, Where Are You?"? I remember watching it every day during elementary school, when I went home for lunch, and watched the first half of it every time. I would walk back to school wondering deeply about who the vllian was this time. I eventually discovered that it was always the one we meet first, who introduced the characters to this strange location and warned them of the danger lurking around it. It was then that I realized that each episode was exactly the same. Chracters are introduced to new area, investigate mystery. Scooby and Shaggy get food and run into the monster. Welma runs into the monster and loses her glasses. Fred and Daphne go to the bedroom leaving the others to investigate the 'spooky' areas (Fred you magnificent b*st*rd), and also run into the monster. Chase scene, grand unveiling, big shock.
    However, the original had a certain charm to it. It was, as one would call it, sort of funny.
    "What's New, Scooby Doo?" fails. It thinks it's funny, but it's 'hip' attitude and futile attempts at character based humor falls flat on it's face, gets up again, and then trips off of the Golden Gate bridge with its pants down.
    Upon starting, we are greeted with the chracters going to a 'spooky' area, only instead of the night-time areas of old, we get friendly looking amusement parks, college campuses, and things like that, in broad daylight. Then, the title splash sequence begins. This is when it becomes apparent that Scooby Doo is just not fit for this generation. We have a horrible opening song that sounds like an unholy mix of rap and pop music, passing off the main title mixed with several 'na na' and 'la la's as lyrics. As well as some horrible rhymes.
    To its credit, the art isn't half bad. The characters are well animated, even if the facial expressions are usually badly done. The voice acting is okay, it does the job, but it's more... annoying, than anything else.
    Now, the 'mysteries' are still following the same formula as before. Their big change is that the bad guy doesn't always say "those meddling (sp?) kids" when he/she gets caught. You can still tell exactly who's the bad guy, 99% of the time.
    To conclude: Fans of the original series are just going to weep for their violated childhood. New people to the series aren't going to see what the whole fuss was about in the first place. How this show has made it onto the air and gets so many slots is due to being the, what, 4th spin-off series of a wildly popular show of old, and nothing else. Avoid, if at all possible.
  • The next evolution of Scooby Doo starts right here.

Scooby Doo is now ruined thanks to that stupid Mystery Inc. show. So now,let us look at the greatest Scooby Doo spin-off of all time,What's New Scooby Doo?. This show is about Scooby,Shaggy,Fred,Velma and Daphne going to trips of places,but end up solving mysteries instead of having fun. Now,this show changes everything from Scooby Doo. Everyone doesn't just have dots for eyes anymore,Daphne changed her clothes and best of all,Fred wears a sweater and got rid of that stupid ascot. The mysteries are great,but not as good as the Witch Doctor or The Creeper. Some of them include dinosaurs coming out of 3D movies,Toys destroying malls,giant worms and many more. This doesn't have that running through doors scene,but it still has music during the chase scenes. I also love the music of the show. The theme song is done by Simple Plan,which is a band I love. They even put their song "I'd Do Anything" during the chase scene and made a guest star. However,it ended,because every good show has to end quickly. In my opinion,this was a great show and a great spin-off. Please bring it back and cancel Mystery Inc.
  • Scoobytastic!

Being the first Scooby-Doo cartoon made ever since the A Pup Named Scooby-Doo, this is series is certainly a nice addition to the Scooby family. The graphics and the animation are quite and the stories are very cool too. The way they managed to bring Scooby and the gang to the 21st century is just brilliant. They go on adventures just like in the old days (and by old days, I mean the old shows), but this time they have cell phones and laptops, they drive motorcycles, skates and have some of the coolest bad guys ever designed for a Scooby-Doo series. Oh, and did I mention that we have a really cool voice cast? All in all, it's just perfect as it is. 10 out of 10!
  • This isn't like the original which all of us adults will always love best, but they did a great job of updating the show. I really enjoy watching this with my daughter who is a complete scooby fanatic. We watch all of the scooby we can!

Excellent! This isn't like the original which all of us adults will always love best, but they did a great job of updating the show. I really enjoy watching this with my daughter who is a complete scooby fanatic. We watch all of the scooby we can! I prefer this to scooby and scrappy, a pup named scooby doo, and most of the scooby doo movies. I really appriciate the fact that Daphne talks and is more than just a pretty face in this spin off. Also, the fact that Casey Kasem does the voice of Shaggy makes this whole thing work great.
  • It's OMG good Scooby Doo.

This show is better than that lame-o classic show.Simple Plan sings the theme song and they have their song I Do Anything.That was a good idea.It has better music when they get chased and they don't do that famous door scene.Please bring this show back.I gotta say that whoever came up with this Spin-off was a very good idea to make.The clues are very good clues,More better songs,and Fred has diffrent eyes than the classic show.I give this show a A because it was very better than than classic show.I like this show because it's better and the theme is great.
  • A Scooby-Doo series that is funny, serious and really spooktacular, all at the same time!

Over the years, the Scooby-Doo franchise has offered us a lot different perspectives on the adventures of the Mystery Inc. And this one is actually one of those series in the franchise which no fan can miss the oportunity to watch over and over and over! The characters have adventures just like in the old days, but instead of those adventures taking place in the 60's and 70's, they take place on our days, which I think is a cool move to capture everyone's attention. Plus, we are given a more personal perspective of all the characters (What they do in their spare time, which are they fears, what kind of music they actually like to hear on the radio, among many other things...), and the fact that this is the only series that made "A Pup Named Scooby-Doo" part of the Scooby-Doo canon, makes it a terrific series. Of course we also have to state that without the guest characters that appeared throughout the show like Dr. Oswald, the Hex Girls, Gibby Norton, Melbourne O'Reilly, among many others, this series would have never achieved the cult status that has among Scooby-Doo fans. And last, but not the least, the series actually has cool villains who are just a guy in a mask, wearing a rubber suit and trying to scare people away for some reason (Just like in the good old days, folks).

In a scale from 1 to 10, I give this show a 100!
  • I think its good and very persuasive. It is still very fresh.

I'm glad that they have done this. (And to think that I have been missing out on this for the past 5 years). I love the original Scooby Doo and would never give it up if I have it but I'm also glad they managed to update the Scooby Doo we all know and love. I cannot imagine what it would be like without that. I'm glad they brought it into the future and included a little more tchnology into the series. It really deserves credit. It's a good thing too because now all Scooby fans everywhere can look upon more Scooby adventures in the near future. Now Scooby Doo will be able to continue his existence and will not die out to soon or fade away.
  • What's New Scooby-Doo? is yet another Scooby spin-off about the teenage detectives solving mysteries across the country. Join Fred, Daphne, Velma, Shaggy, and of course Scooby-Doo as they catch the bad guys behind the masks.

Who could forget our lovable and favorite canine, Scooby Doo? Scooby Doo used to be the greatest show ever. But, they had to go on and ruin it with that God awful spin off, Scooby and Shaggy Get A Clue! Oh my...that has to be the worst and most horrible scooby series that ever existed. That just blew, no, better yet, "demolished" every corny show known to man out the water. It's just plain sick. Now, What's New Scooby-Doo?, I just adored it. The best scooby doo ever. Everything was great. The design was great, so was the animation, comedy I would give a 7 too, but the show was great. What's New Scooby-Doo? is a 9/10!
  • everybody else said it so i might as well

just like everyone else said, this is a good show but not as good as the original. 5 teenage sleuths who go around solving mysteries and unravellin secrets for peoples selfish desires. the only difference is, this show is set in a more recent time set and the characters act a bit goofier. u still have the if it werent for u meddling kids phrase, u still have the scooby dooby doo at the end of eac episode, u still have the, lets split up gang! u still have the velma brains and fred plans which almost never work the way it was originally planned to, u still have the shaggyand scooby runs in2 the ghost ordeal, its pretty much like the old scooby doo except these mysteries arent as good and i dunno theres just somethin the old scooby doo has that this show doesnt....
  • I love this show, but I like the older version better.

I used to watch this show all the time, in fact I'm watching it now! I love the new animations these days, even though I've only been around for 13 years (lol). I love the theme song! *What's new, Scooby-Doo? We're comin' after you. We're gonna solve that mystery, I see ya Scooby-Doo, we're comin' after you, What's new, Scooby-Doo!!* True, I love the way things were before. I liked it better when they had the original Scooby-Doo: Scooby-Doo, where are you? That show was so awesome!! I really like Scooby and Shaggy 'cause they are so freakin' funny! Sometimes, I wish this show would come back.
  • What's New Scooby Doo Visually Did not bring anything new to the Franchise, Along with A pup named Scooby doo. They just put them in the 21st Century, Gave them New Clothing, and voices and put modern technologies, they couldn't have back in 1969.

6.9
    My 64th Review after Another scooby doo spin-off, "The Scooby doo show".

This is the same old thing along with the Original 1969 version of the cartoon. It visually did not bring anything new the Franchise. same old plot, Same old Chracther, Same Old scripts, and same old Storyline. They should have called it: What's Old Scooby doo? This isn't so bad so I'll give this cartoon a C+. here the Results:

Voice-acting: D 4.5/10.0 Velma sounds way too old! Way older then the Scooby doo show!

Animation: B+ 8.5/10.0 Nice, Clean, Colorful and In Very High Quatily!

Graphics: A++ 10.0/10.0 The Finest graphics in the newer Hanna barbera shows.

Sound: B+ 7.5/10.0 Good. But too lacky.

Dialouge: D-- 4.0/10.0 Nothing New here. It's the SAME!!!!

Lasting Appeal: B- 7.8/10.0 It can be quite fun to watch.

Overall: C+ 6.9/10.0 Warner Bros Television Animation studios decided to make this spin-off once the Famous, William Hanna, and Joseph Barbera died. They should have watched Their Cartoons first!!!
  • Its not as good as the orginal but it still is a good show.

I will be will not lie I wasn't surprised at all when I found out What's New Scooby-Doo? got cancled. It doesn't have that old Scooby-Doo feeling from the orginal Scooby-Doo. Its still good but ot like the orginal its still about Scooby Shaggy Velma Fred and Velma. Solving mysteries but I think the creators tryed to hard to make like the orginal and make real big to fast. With the first Scoooby-Doo movie that wasn't animated I think they thought it would a good Idea to push it to fast. But I still think its a good cartoon to watch is it as good as the orginal no but is a good show to watch when you feel upset about something I will rate What's New Scooby-Doo?
    a 8.0!
  • This was a long time refreshing wait back to the traditional Mystery solving Scooby doo. It goes back to the original idea of a group of kids (and the dog) traveling investigating ghostly activities.

I first saw this show on the WB and instantly liked it. It was a change from what they had done with Scooby doo prior to it. Even though I liked some of the episodes from some of the late 70's and early 80's cartoon, most did not meet the same quality that the original series had (not to mention without both Freddy and Velma (and sometimes Daphne) something was definitely missing). Now in the new millenium the producers came up with one that not only met it but updated for the times. It's good to see the whole gang again and back at the normal ages. I'd like to see the Scooby doo franchise do more of these types of shows.
  • Not the same.

I liked the old 'Scooby Doo: Where Are You?" better. I liked how it was like...in the late 60's and early 70's. And I liked the physcadelic (sp?) songs they would play in the background better than the "modernized" songs they would play in the background of 'What's New' Also, the characters seemed more lovable in the 'Where are you' and the show seemed to try less hard to make people laugh. Which I really liked. Although 'What's New' is an alright version of Scooby Doo. Nobody can mess with the classics. That's why they are classics because they should be here to stay forever and ever.
  • Scooby Doo is back and in the 21st Century.

I just recently bought the season 1 dvd and I never knew how much I actually liked Scooby-Doo. Of course, it's not better than the original but it can definitely compare. My favorite thing about the show is how they set up each mystery and go through all the suspects. I pay attention completely and try to guess who the culprit is just before they reveal it. This show is hilariously funny and Scooby Doo is still Scooby Doo. The music of the show is also great. I'm gonna get the season 2 dvd soon because this show is awesome. "And I would've gotten away with it if it wasn't for you meddling kids". Classic all the way!!!
< 1 2