What's New Scooby-Doo?

The WB (ended 2006)

Rtkat3

What's New Scooby-Doo? Fan Reviews (53)

• Same characters, same format, same storyline, same old rubbish!!! Try 'What's OLD Scooby-Doo?'

0.0
    I can safely say I am sick of Scooby Doo, and all it's spin-offs. It's just the same thing as 30 years ago, with a few tweaks in animation, a few character changes, but other than that, the same old story. They find a ghost, it chases Scooby and Shaggy, they find some clues, they set up a trap, it goes wrong, and Scooby ends up accidentally saving the day, then they find out it's not actually a ghost, and that Velma knew it all along. Yawn.

I mean, isn't Casey Kasem getting tired of playing Shaggy over and over again?
  • The glutton of an unrealistic dog is back in a more modern show.

0.5
    Scooby Doo has never been suited to its job. Why would a cowardly 4-legged food processor that talks waste its time disgracing the dog world on this show? Even for those who liked the original (I'm not saying I'm one), this may be too modern. Plus, it gets less original with each episode. Don't you think depriving a person of their mask, tying them with a rope, and hearing them call you a meddling youngster is outdated? At least someone could be chased by a mad chimpanzee or something. Scooby Doo should, in my mind, stop airing and be replaced by Yogi Bear.
  • God, why can't they just leave a d*mnclassic alone?

I have nothing good about this show to say, it's terrible. Just another crappy scooby-doo spinoff that doesn't stand out at all. It's predictable, childish, and the humor is really watered down from the origional series.

There have been a couple of good spinoffs, but they were back in the 90's. This is just a monstrocity.

I don't know why, but they made Fred stupid. WHY?? That's just...so out of character. He was clever, he knew what to do. Why did they have to HIM of all people the comedy releif character? Weren't scooby and shaggy enough?

Like I said before, the humor is just...terribe really. Nothing for adults, just younger kids.

I don't know what else to say honestly, but this show really makes me miss the origional.

• What's new?? I thinkit should be what's old!!

WHat kind of show is this?? It's just the same old junk that you would see in a regular episode. It's nothing new. You see the same old characters and the only thing they are doing is solving mysteries just like in the regular episode. And of course, you would see ghost and monsters and bla blah blah..... I'm not trying to offend people who like the show (that is if ANYONE likes this show), but I'm sorry... it's nothing new. WHat is up with Cartoon Network today?? Can't they just leave our fave shows alone and stop making boring crap??
  • One of the worst Scooby-Doo cartoons ever!

Man, did I hate this cartoon! Sometimes when I would see a glimpse of it or see the ads, I shed a tear in anger. Warner Bros. Animation did a really poor job producing this mediocre cartoon. I did not like Sander Schwartz because he produces really boring cartoons like "Xiaolin Showdown" and "Justice League Unlimited" and almost anything featuring action or a superhero. And then he messed up Scooby-Doo! Just when things couldn't get worse, they did... "Shaggy and Scooby-Doo Get a Clue" came out and that was just as bad! This show is just a mockery of the original series, which doesn't air on Cartoon Network anymore! They tried too hard to be like "A Pup Named Scooby-Doo," but failed miserably, and it came out looking and sounding like the late 1960s Warner/Seven Arts cartoons (with Cool Cat, Merlin the Magic Mouse and company.)

My bottom line? Skip this series altogether (along with the "Get a Clue" series), and just stick with the 1969-1979 classics, "A Pup Named Scooby-Doo" and the new "Scooby-Doo, Mystery Incorporated." Those are a LOT better!

• another scooby doo spinoff.but this time scooby and his friends arent in early 60-is and early 70-is,they are in todays modern world.that was an epic faliur!

3.6
    first of all why did they moved the plot in our time?i loved the old scooby way better.and the sweet 60-is music played in the background.but in a new version they changed that and added some unfitting music.they changed their clothes.why?i only like that velma is out or that tacky sweater but i dont like other changes.scooby has a new voice that is so annoying and hardly says anithing anymore.the gang dont go to cemeterys and castels and scary places,they now go to lame places like dog shows and campuses.where is the mistery in that?and they changed freds personality.he was smart before and always knew what to do.now he is so stupid and full of himself!and the animation is horrid.they looked better with dots for eyes.now they look so creepy.and their skin is yellow now!why?and in some episode when they go to japan asians had grey skin!and plus they were chased by police for a crime they did not do.that sort of crap would never happen in old scooby doo!this show stinks and im glad its canceled!
  • Scooby Doo is resurrected yet again, bringing the tired old formula with it, and actually thinks it's funny. It isn't.

4.4
    Remember "Scooby Doo, Where Are You?"? I remember watching it every day during elementary school, when I went home for lunch, and watched the first half of it every time. I would walk back to school wondering deeply about who the vllian was this time. I eventually discovered that it was always the one we meet first, who introduced the characters to this strange location and warned them of the danger lurking around it. It was then that I realized that each episode was exactly the same. Chracters are introduced to new area, investigate mystery. Scooby and Shaggy get food and run into the monster. Welma runs into the monster and loses her glasses. Fred and Daphne go to the bedroom leaving the others to investigate the 'spooky' areas (Fred you magnificent b*st*rd), and also run into the monster. Chase scene, grand unveiling, big shock.
    However, the original had a certain charm to it. It was, as one would call it, sort of funny.
    "What's New, Scooby Doo?" fails. It thinks it's funny, but it's 'hip' attitude and futile attempts at character based humor falls flat on it's face, gets up again, and then trips off of the Golden Gate bridge with its pants down.
    Upon starting, we are greeted with the chracters going to a 'spooky' area, only instead of the night-time areas of old, we get friendly looking amusement parks, college campuses, and things like that, in broad daylight. Then, the title splash sequence begins. This is when it becomes apparent that Scooby Doo is just not fit for this generation. We have a horrible opening song that sounds like an unholy mix of rap and pop music, passing off the main title mixed with several 'na na' and 'la la's as lyrics. As well as some horrible rhymes.
    To its credit, the art isn't half bad. The characters are well animated, even if the facial expressions are usually badly done. The voice acting is okay, it does the job, but it's more... annoying, than anything else.
    Now, the 'mysteries' are still following the same formula as before. Their big change is that the bad guy doesn't always say "those meddling (sp?) kids" when he/she gets caught. You can still tell exactly who's the bad guy, 99% of the time.
    To conclude: Fans of the original series are just going to weep for their violated childhood. New people to the series aren't going to see what the whole fuss was about in the first place. How this show has made it onto the air and gets so many slots is due to being the, what, 4th spin-off series of a wildly popular show of old, and nothing else. Avoid, if at all possible.
  • Yet ANOTHER spin-off of the original.

4.5
    From "Scooby-Doo Movies" to the "13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo" to "A Pup Named Scooby-Doo" comes another unoriginal piece of cluster that's been pulled off from the clay of Scooby, "What's New, Scooby-Doo?" While I think it was an attempt to renew the original show, I still don't like it.

As usual, the Mystery Gang is at work with mysteries all around the world. That's it.

"What's New, Scooby-Doo" is a below-average spin-off, but hey, the animation and coloring is better than before. Though I still think that beady-eyes look better on Fred, Daphne has better curves, and Velma has more...freckles... and a smaller pair of glasses. Shaggy? He's still got that hairy chin of his.

I really, really think that the original's going to lose alot of respect because of so many spin-offs. I hate having to see one thousand spin-offs being summoned from one single show. I just hope that "Scooby-Doo, Where Are You?" is still in contact with their fans. Well, actually, I doubt it.

"What's New, Scooby-Doo" sucked. Its mysteries are so easy, I consider it a comedy show rather than a mystery show.
  • Used to like, but to childish.

5.2
    I cant say which was better out of the Old Scooby-Doo or the New One? The've added Dredful music on and all that, where is the Scary Part? What Happens at the end? It leaves you so many questions. Not Forgetting you could get bored of this Pretty Quickly. Mostly the spooks have dissapeared and so has the mystery. The Old scrappys were classic.

As we have noticed the ratings are going down of episodes you could see soon and get bored of. The Classic has ended. It was classic befor, Not now. Its Droped far behind, we could here see a end for scooby doo. I only collect the comics(For the toys and prizes). This is Past Its Prime as over 40 years of a 4 legged Mutt.

How Far It Dropped:
    Lets see... 39 episodes (only about 2 mounths to see them all)(If Cartoon Network and Bommerang play differant episodes), Not good spooks, Coulors to bright. This is a Upset for scooby Doo and will sadly be put into its History Book at the worst. Dredful and Boring! Its a Past Its Prime & Change The Channel! :( Dont Watch.

This reveiw was edited 1 times.

This Reveiw is 200 words long.
  • The best show ever. For 4-5 year olds.

5.5
    It's cheesy and camp. I mean, I would highly reccomend this show to young kids because it's not scary.

To summarise, an alright show, good for kiddies.
  • Mediocre, at best, but tolerable. If no other Scooby show is on, then this will do.

I reacted to the news of a new Scooby-Doo series with both delight and trepidation. At the time, the Scooby craze was at its peak, thanks to successful merchandising and a hit live action movie; surely this new show would help to fuel the craze and to introduce Scooby to a new generation of fans. But when I read the summaries of the show, my enthusiasm began to diminish somewhat. Cel phones? Internet connections? I was skeptical. Moreover, with the death of Joe Barbera and the acquisition of Hana BArbera by Warner Brothers (a company whose animation studios had not been at their peak since the 1950s)I wondered if the show would be as successful as its 1969 ancestor that started this whole trend.
    My intitial reaction to the first season was very tepid, and I am a diehard SCooby-Doo fan. The stories seemed rushed and plotless, and the mystery aspect seemed to have vanished completely. WHat bothered me the most, though, was how the characters' personalities had changed from the 1969 originals. Fred was no longer the intelligent, level headed leader, but was now portrayed as a male airhead who seemed to have left his common sense in the Mystery Machine. Daphne was no longer "Danger Prone Daphne," but had been transformed into a female version of MacGyver. And Velma, while she always had a sarcastic wit about her, seemed more sarcastic than ever, almost to the point of being curt or snotty. Still, I let it pass, chalking it up to first season growing pains.
    Then came the second season, and I wasn't any more impressed this time than I had been the first time around. This time, it wasn't so much the characters that bothered me, but the story lines and the animation. It seemed that the writers, in an attempt to be politically correct (or perhaps, to demonstrate a wry, social commentary)tried to incorporate elements such as environmental protestors and other do gooders. They attempted to integrate minority characters into the show by setting the episode in some exotic locale, such as Mexico or a tropical island, but in doing so, the animators and writers only showed their lack of cultural sensitivity. The "minority" characters all are drawn like Caucasians with bad sunburns and the wry, political humor falls flat and comes across as another dumb joke or bad pun.
    The settings have changed as well. GOne are the spooky graveyards or haunted houses, replaced by such friendly locales as amusement parks, laboratories or ski lodges. It should also be noted that the new show takes place largely in the daylight hours, a feat that was unheard of for Scooby-Doo, Where Are You. On that same note, the colors appear far too bright for a show that is supposed to be "spooky." And why does Fred's hair look like it was colored with a highlighter pen?
    This "new Doo" just cannot match the sophistication and spookiness of the original. If there is nothing else on television, I can stomach it, but I would much rather watch my DVD of "Scooby-Doo, Where Are You" than this sorry excuse for a Scooby show.
  • Scooby-Doos mysterys are easy to solve!

This is a good show, the only problem is that it is too easy to solve the mysteries!

Scooby-Doos producers should get 'good' mysterys, not cheesy ones that I could solve just by looking at the character! It's way to easy!

This show is still funny and imformative but I don't believe not very many people watch it, except me and a few others!
  • Disapointing!

6.3
    Don't watch this show it is nothing like the old shows. I love scooby-doo where are you, the new scooby-doo movies, a pup named scooby-doo, and all the scooby-doo movies but they just changed this show to much that it isn't funny or good anymore. If you are a scooby-doo fan you will understand.
  • Ok show

It's not the best Scoobydoo series but it is a good show .The monsters could've been a little more scarier like in Scooby doo Mystery Incoroprated.
  • What's New Scooby Doo Visually Did not bring anything new to the Franchise, Along with A pup named Scooby doo. They just put them in the 21st Century, Gave them New Clothing, and voices and put modern technologies, they couldn't have back in 1969.

6.9
    My 64th Review after Another scooby doo spin-off, "The Scooby doo show".

This is the same old thing along with the Original 1969 version of the cartoon. It visually did not bring anything new the Franchise. same old plot, Same old Chracther, Same Old scripts, and same old Storyline. They should have called it: What's Old Scooby doo? This isn't so bad so I'll give this cartoon a C+. here the Results:

Voice-acting: D 4.5/10.0 Velma sounds way too old! Way older then the Scooby doo show!

Animation: B+ 8.5/10.0 Nice, Clean, Colorful and In Very High Quatily!

Graphics: A++ 10.0/10.0 The Finest graphics in the newer Hanna barbera shows.

Sound: B+ 7.5/10.0 Good. But too lacky.

Dialouge: D-- 4.0/10.0 Nothing New here. It's the SAME!!!!

Lasting Appeal: B- 7.8/10.0 It can be quite fun to watch.

Overall: C+ 6.9/10.0 Warner Bros Television Animation studios decided to make this spin-off once the Famous, William Hanna, and Joseph Barbera died. They should have watched Their Cartoons first!!!
  • good

7.1
    a meddling dog meddling kids still live on on cn and wb good show as good as the classic verion very good skobby saying a a a ahhhh monster all the time ahhh i must diw hearing dat all the time ahhh anooying its a really good seris for all ages
  • It all started with one video.

7.4
    I didn`t like Scooby-Doo until I was about 5. One day my aunt bought my mother a Scooby-Doo & The Witch`s Ghost. Me & my brother asked what Scooby-Doo was about. So she told us. I thought it sounded interesting. So we asked if we could watch it. I thought Scooby-Doo was brilliant. From then on we were really into Scooby-Doo. We collected a lot of stuff & we had tons of videos. To this day we still enjoy that great dane & his mysteries with the gang.
  • Modern Animation meets characters from yesterday. Where are the spooks? Where's the mystery? And more importantly, Where's Scooby Doo? He barely ever says a word.

“Scooby Doo, Where are you?” is a classic. However, this once proud franchise is starting to show its age. The two ridiculous live action movies did nothing but make fun of the characters. If you want to see quality Scooby Doo, rent Zombie Island or the Witch's Ghost or even Alien Invaders. They updated the Characters without changing the fundamental elements of the show.
    This series is a valiant attempt, but just misses the mark. Problem number one is the involvement of Scooby Doo. Frank Welker has always been Fred. He now tries a little Scooby on the side. For some reason this equates to Scooby not saying very much. The Scooby "formula" remains but the "bad guys in monster suits" are all forgettable or redundant. The goal here is to appeal to kids. The rest of us may change the channel when the kids leave the room.
  • Bit better than original

Various ep (03)
  • This may be the best Scooby-Doo series ever.

I wasn't a big fan of Scooby-Doo when I was growing up. Mainly because I mostly watched violent action-oriented shows. Now, I watch Scooby-Doo as much as I can. I even love, well let's not go that far. I like the movies. The old Scooby-Doo show is a harmless, charming and most importantly fun, not funny, but fun. By that I mean it's not filled with brilliant comedic moments having you rolling on the floor laughing. But you'll smile and have a good time watching it. "What's New Scooby-Doo?" is even better. And it's sometimes really funny. The creatures, or rather costumes look more menacing and scary than in any of the earlier installments. There's also more action and peril, making for some genuine exciting episodes. The mysteries are clever, varied and takes place all around the world. One thing I will say though is that some of the solutions are too "out-there". You know, illogical, strange. I guess "dumb" is the word I'm looking for. Now this is only in 1,2 or maybe 3 episodes. And it's a very minor problem. Actually I won't even so so far and say it's a problem. It's a small detail that's easily overlooked, especially considering the rest of the episode was great fun. Also, the animation is great when compared to other animated shows on TV. This is a superb show for young kids and adults alike.
  • It's OMG good Scooby Doo.

This show is better than that lame-o classic show.Simple Plan sings the theme song and they have their song I Do Anything.That was a good idea.It has better music when they get chased and they don't do that famous door scene.Please bring this show back.I gotta say that whoever came up with this Spin-off was a very good idea to make.The clues are very good clues,More better songs,and Fred has diffrent eyes than the classic show.I give this show a A because it was very better than than classic show.I like this show because it's better and the theme is great.
  • Its not as good as the orginal but it still is a good show.

I will be will not lie I wasn't surprised at all when I found out What's New Scooby-Doo? got cancled. It doesn't have that old Scooby-Doo feeling from the orginal Scooby-Doo. Its still good but ot like the orginal its still about Scooby Shaggy Velma Fred and Velma. Solving mysteries but I think the creators tryed to hard to make like the orginal and make real big to fast. With the first Scoooby-Doo movie that wasn't animated I think they thought it would a good Idea to push it to fast. But I still think its a good cartoon to watch is it as good as the orginal no but is a good show to watch when you feel upset about something I will rate What's New Scooby-Doo?
    a 8.0!
  • This was a long time refreshing wait back to the traditional Mystery solving Scooby doo. It goes back to the original idea of a group of kids (and the dog) traveling investigating ghostly activities.

I first saw this show on the WB and instantly liked it. It was a change from what they had done with Scooby doo prior to it. Even though I liked some of the episodes from some of the late 70's and early 80's cartoon, most did not meet the same quality that the original series had (not to mention without both Freddy and Velma (and sometimes Daphne) something was definitely missing). Now in the new millenium the producers came up with one that not only met it but updated for the times. It's good to see the whole gang again and back at the normal ages. I'd like to see the Scooby doo franchise do more of these types of shows.
  • Not the same.

I liked the old 'Scooby Doo: Where Are You?" better. I liked how it was like...in the late 60's and early 70's. And I liked the physcadelic (sp?) songs they would play in the background better than the "modernized" songs they would play in the background of 'What's New' Also, the characters seemed more lovable in the 'Where are you' and the show seemed to try less hard to make people laugh. Which I really liked. Although 'What's New' is an alright version of Scooby Doo. Nobody can mess with the classics. That's why they are classics because they should be here to stay forever and ever.
  • everybody else said it so i might as well

just like everyone else said, this is a good show but not as good as the original. 5 teenage sleuths who go around solving mysteries and unravellin secrets for peoples selfish desires. the only difference is, this show is set in a more recent time set and the characters act a bit goofier. u still have the if it werent for u meddling kids phrase, u still have the scooby dooby doo at the end of eac episode, u still have the, lets split up gang! u still have the velma brains and fred plans which almost never work the way it was originally planned to, u still have the shaggyand scooby runs in2 the ghost ordeal, its pretty much like the old scooby doo except these mysteries arent as good and i dunno theres just somethin the old scooby doo has that this show doesnt....
  • Good remake

I find it funny how many times every creator of a new Scooby Doo cartoon makes that dog sneeze, it's alot. Anyways, this Scooby Doo Series is very good and clean with animation. This crime group from the late 60's is moved to a modern animation style with good voice acting and good music. Little kids all grow up with Scooby Doo, and here is another to grow up with.
  • I loved the original Scooby Doo show, and this show continued it wonderfully, because they updated everything, but still kept old parts of the show and that was awesome.

This is for all Scooby Doo lovers who adore the original the show, but feel like seeing something a little newer.
    One of the things I'm most pleased about is that they got Frank Welker and Casey Kasem to do the guys' voices just like they did in the original. That just makes me happy.
    The episodes are pure Scooby Doo fun, and they honor the classics wonderfully. I love it.
    Sadly, I haven't seen it on Cartoon Network for quite some time, though, so I really hope they bring it back. I might start watching the channel a little more again.
    Overall show grade: B+
  • A great animated show for young and old alike.

A great animated show for young and old alike. If this is a show that you do not normally watch and you are sitting at home with nothing to do, you are going to wish you had it on tape. Having it "on tape" had become the generic term for recorded programs. Today you are more likely to have the show on Tivo or DVR than VHS, or god forbid Beta!! It is kind of like how a lot of people still call CD's "records" or "albums." Anyway, back to the show. This is the type of show that is really pretty good if you would just give it a chance. So on those cold, lonely, rainy days, pop in your tape or DVR or whatever if you were smart enough to tape it. If not, check to see if it is on as a re-run. After all, as they say, if you have never seen it, it is new to you. A decent watch for all.
  • I like this show very much. My favorite character is Velma plus I like the not confusing mysteries that the gang solves. The show has humor and they always solve the mysteries with keen logic and keeping their eyes open for clues and suspicians. <

I like this show very much as I get up every Saturday and Sunday to watch it. My favorite character is Velma plus I like the not confusing mysteries that the gang solves, so mystery shows are so confusing to solve. The show has humor and the always solve the mysteries with keen logic and keeping their eyes open for clues and suspicians. I know that I am the only 19 years old who likes Scobby Doo but I enjoy the show.

Kim
  • cool show

I like Scooby Doo and Shaggy are the funny characters,I like Velma because she is smart,I like Daphne becuase she is smart and I like Fred well because he is good looking.There have been my many series of Scooby Doo but this is the best so far.Though I did miss Scrappy.
< 1 2