What's New Scooby-Doo?

The WB (ended 2006)

Rtkat3

What's New Scooby-Doo? Fan Reviews (53)

• I like this show very much. My favorite character is Velma plus I like the not confusing mysteries that the gang solves. The show has humor and they always solve the mysteries with keen logic and keeping their eyes open for clues and suspicians. <

I like this show very much as I get up every Saturday and Sunday to watch it. My favorite character is Velma plus I like the not confusing mysteries that the gang solves, so mystery shows are so confusing to solve. The show has humor and the always solve the mysteries with keen logic and keeping their eyes open for clues and suspicians. I know that I am the only 19 years old who likes Scobby Doo but I enjoy the show.

Kim
  • Scooby-Doo has always been popular, but to create it in a modern world is genious. It is like seeing all your old favorite characters use modern technology and live in our world.

Scooby-Doo has always been popular, but to create it in a modern world is genious. It is like seeing all your old favorite characters use modern technology and live in our world. It also stays true to the orignal Scooby-Doo Where are You! There is a couple of things different about the characters, which makes it way more fun to watch.
  • Modern Animation meets characters from yesterday. Where are the spooks? Where's the mystery? And more importantly, Where's Scooby Doo? He barely ever says a word.

“Scooby Doo, Where are you?” is a classic. However, this once proud franchise is starting to show its age. The two ridiculous live action movies did nothing but make fun of the characters. If you want to see quality Scooby Doo, rent Zombie Island or the Witch's Ghost or even Alien Invaders. They updated the Characters without changing the fundamental elements of the show.
    This series is a valiant attempt, but just misses the mark. Problem number one is the involvement of Scooby Doo. Frank Welker has always been Fred. He now tries a little Scooby on the side. For some reason this equates to Scooby not saying very much. The Scooby "formula" remains but the "bad guys in monster suits" are all forgettable or redundant. The goal here is to appeal to kids. The rest of us may change the channel when the kids leave the room.
  • good

7.1
    a meddling dog meddling kids still live on on cn and wb good show as good as the classic verion very good skobby saying a a a ahhhh monster all the time ahhh i must diw hearing dat all the time ahhh anooying its a really good seris for all ages
  • It all started with one video.

7.4
    I didn`t like Scooby-Doo until I was about 5. One day my aunt bought my mother a Scooby-Doo & The Witch`s Ghost. Me & my brother asked what Scooby-Doo was about. So she told us. I thought it sounded interesting. So we asked if we could watch it. I thought Scooby-Doo was brilliant. From then on we were really into Scooby-Doo. We collected a lot of stuff & we had tons of videos. To this day we still enjoy that great dane & his mysteries with the gang.
  • Scooby-Doos mysterys are easy to solve!

This is a good show, the only problem is that it is too easy to solve the mysteries!

Scooby-Doos producers should get 'good' mysterys, not cheesy ones that I could solve just by looking at the character! It's way to easy!

This show is still funny and imformative but I don't believe not very many people watch it, except me and a few others!
  • Mediocre, at best, but tolerable. If no other Scooby show is on, then this will do.

I reacted to the news of a new Scooby-Doo series with both delight and trepidation. At the time, the Scooby craze was at its peak, thanks to successful merchandising and a hit live action movie; surely this new show would help to fuel the craze and to introduce Scooby to a new generation of fans. But when I read the summaries of the show, my enthusiasm began to diminish somewhat. Cel phones? Internet connections? I was skeptical. Moreover, with the death of Joe Barbera and the acquisition of Hana BArbera by Warner Brothers (a company whose animation studios had not been at their peak since the 1950s)I wondered if the show would be as successful as its 1969 ancestor that started this whole trend.
    My intitial reaction to the first season was very tepid, and I am a diehard SCooby-Doo fan. The stories seemed rushed and plotless, and the mystery aspect seemed to have vanished completely. WHat bothered me the most, though, was how the characters' personalities had changed from the 1969 originals. Fred was no longer the intelligent, level headed leader, but was now portrayed as a male airhead who seemed to have left his common sense in the Mystery Machine. Daphne was no longer "Danger Prone Daphne," but had been transformed into a female version of MacGyver. And Velma, while she always had a sarcastic wit about her, seemed more sarcastic than ever, almost to the point of being curt or snotty. Still, I let it pass, chalking it up to first season growing pains.
    Then came the second season, and I wasn't any more impressed this time than I had been the first time around. This time, it wasn't so much the characters that bothered me, but the story lines and the animation. It seemed that the writers, in an attempt to be politically correct (or perhaps, to demonstrate a wry, social commentary)tried to incorporate elements such as environmental protestors and other do gooders. They attempted to integrate minority characters into the show by setting the episode in some exotic locale, such as Mexico or a tropical island, but in doing so, the animators and writers only showed their lack of cultural sensitivity. The "minority" characters all are drawn like Caucasians with bad sunburns and the wry, political humor falls flat and comes across as another dumb joke or bad pun.
    The settings have changed as well. GOne are the spooky graveyards or haunted houses, replaced by such friendly locales as amusement parks, laboratories or ski lodges. It should also be noted that the new show takes place largely in the daylight hours, a feat that was unheard of for Scooby-Doo, Where Are You. On that same note, the colors appear far too bright for a show that is supposed to be "spooky." And why does Fred's hair look like it was colored with a highlighter pen?
    This "new Doo" just cannot match the sophistication and spookiness of the original. If there is nothing else on television, I can stomach it, but I would much rather watch my DVD of "Scooby-Doo, Where Are You" than this sorry excuse for a Scooby show.
  • Scooby is back!!

A pretty good show starring our old heroes. We see them in new adventures and they have more mysteries to solve as they travel the world. They can't even go on holiday without a mystery being told to them about the place. Scooby, Shaggy, Fred, Velma,and Daphne are back to save family treasures, stop theifs and solve crimes.
    They usually find clues first as to whats going on then figure out who it could be and Fred then makes a plan which fails but Scooby Doo comes to the rescue and captures the ghost in one way or another and they get put behind bars after they say:

"Yeah an' I woulda gotten away wiv it to if it weren't fa' you meddlin' kids an' tha' pesky pooch."
  • . The two ridiculous live action movies did nothing but make fun of the characters. If you want to see quality Scooby Doo, rent Zombie Island or the Witch\'s Ghost or even Alien Invaders. They updated the Characters without changing the fundamental elemen

“Scooby Doo, Where are you?” is a classic. However, this once proud franchise is starting to show its age. The two ridiculous live action movies did nothing but make fun of the characters. If you want to see quality Scooby Doo, rent Zombie Island or the Witch\'s Ghost or even Alien Invaders. They updated the Characters without changing the fundamental elements of the show.
  • Used to like, but to childish.

5.2
    I cant say which was better out of the Old Scooby-Doo or the New One? The've added Dredful music on and all that, where is the Scary Part? What Happens at the end? It leaves you so many questions. Not Forgetting you could get bored of this Pretty Quickly. Mostly the spooks have dissapeared and so has the mystery. The Old scrappys were classic.

As we have noticed the ratings are going down of episodes you could see soon and get bored of. The Classic has ended. It was classic befor, Not now. Its Droped far behind, we could here see a end for scooby doo. I only collect the comics(For the toys and prizes). This is Past Its Prime as over 40 years of a 4 legged Mutt.

How Far It Dropped:
    Lets see... 39 episodes (only about 2 mounths to see them all)(If Cartoon Network and Bommerang play differant episodes), Not good spooks, Coulors to bright. This is a Upset for scooby Doo and will sadly be put into its History Book at the worst. Dredful and Boring! Its a Past Its Prime & Change The Channel! :( Dont Watch.

This reveiw was edited 1 times.

This Reveiw is 200 words long.
  • Yet ANOTHER spin-off of the original.

4.5
    From "Scooby-Doo Movies" to the "13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo" to "A Pup Named Scooby-Doo" comes another unoriginal piece of cluster that's been pulled off from the clay of Scooby, "What's New, Scooby-Doo?" While I think it was an attempt to renew the original show, I still don't like it.

As usual, the Mystery Gang is at work with mysteries all around the world. That's it.

"What's New, Scooby-Doo" is a below-average spin-off, but hey, the animation and coloring is better than before. Though I still think that beady-eyes look better on Fred, Daphne has better curves, and Velma has more...freckles... and a smaller pair of glasses. Shaggy? He's still got that hairy chin of his.

I really, really think that the original's going to lose alot of respect because of so many spin-offs. I hate having to see one thousand spin-offs being summoned from one single show. I just hope that "Scooby-Doo, Where Are You?" is still in contact with their fans. Well, actually, I doubt it.

"What's New, Scooby-Doo" sucked. Its mysteries are so easy, I consider it a comedy show rather than a mystery show.
  • What's New Scooby-Doo?

This is one of the most classic cartoons I have ever seen. I like all versions of Scooby Doo they are all equally as funny as one another. I really like it a lot it is funny and entertaining and you can really laugh at it. This show is hillarious.
  • Same characters, same format, same storyline, same old rubbish!!! Try 'What's OLD Scooby-Doo?'

0.0
    I can safely say I am sick of Scooby Doo, and all it's spin-offs. It's just the same thing as 30 years ago, with a few tweaks in animation, a few character changes, but other than that, the same old story. They find a ghost, it chases Scooby and Shaggy, they find some clues, they set up a trap, it goes wrong, and Scooby ends up accidentally saving the day, then they find out it's not actually a ghost, and that Velma knew it all along. Yawn.

I mean, isn't Casey Kasem getting tired of playing Shaggy over and over again?
  • cool show

I like Scooby Doo and Shaggy are the funny characters,I like Velma because she is smart,I like Daphne becuase she is smart and I like Fred well because he is good looking.There have been my many series of Scooby Doo but this is the best so far.Though I did miss Scrappy.
  • Disapointing!

6.3
    Don't watch this show it is nothing like the old shows. I love scooby-doo where are you, the new scooby-doo movies, a pup named scooby-doo, and all the scooby-doo movies but they just changed this show to much that it isn't funny or good anymore. If you are a scooby-doo fan you will understand.
  • Good remake

I find it funny how many times every creator of a new Scooby Doo cartoon makes that dog sneeze, it's alot. Anyways, this Scooby Doo Series is very good and clean with animation. This crime group from the late 60's is moved to a modern animation style with good voice acting and good music. Little kids all grow up with Scooby Doo, and here is another to grow up with.
  • A great animated show for young and old alike.

A great animated show for young and old alike. If this is a show that you do not normally watch and you are sitting at home with nothing to do, you are going to wish you had it on tape. Having it "on tape" had become the generic term for recorded programs. Today you are more likely to have the show on Tivo or DVR than VHS, or god forbid Beta!! It is kind of like how a lot of people still call CD's "records" or "albums." Anyway, back to the show. This is the type of show that is really pretty good if you would just give it a chance. So on those cold, lonely, rainy days, pop in your tape or DVR or whatever if you were smart enough to tape it. If not, check to see if it is on as a re-run. After all, as they say, if you have never seen it, it is new to you. A decent watch for all.
  • I\'m 32 yr old female and I love this show I\'m up every saturday morning looking for it to come on.

I\'m 32 yr old female and I love this show I\'m up every saturday morning looking for it to come on.I\'m 32 yr old female and I love this show I\'m up every saturday morning looking for it to come on.I\'m 32 yr old female and I love this show I\'m up every saturday morning looking for it to come on.I\'m 32 yr old female and I love this show I\'m up every saturday morning looking for it to come on.I\'m 32 yr old female and I love this show I\'m up every saturday morning looking for it to come on.I\'m 32 yr old female and I love this show I\'m up every saturday morning looking for it to come on.I\'m 32 yr old female and I love this show I\'m up every saturday morning looking for it to come on.
  • The best Scooby Doo series ever!

When this series first came out I was really excited about it. The animation was great while still being similar to the original and the monsters were fake which I really like. When \"Zombie Island\" and \"Witch\'s Ghost\" came out I was really dissapointed to see how badly they changed the Scooby Doo formula the animation wasn\'t like Scooby and the monsters were real it wasn\'t anything like Scooby Doo, it was bad enough with the \"13 Ghosts\" era but this was just adding to it. That\'s why when \"What\'s New scooby Doo?\" came out I was so happy to see that while the animation was improved it was still similar to the original and stuck to the true Scooby Doo formula which was with the fake monsters; in my opinion that makes it alot more enjoyable since you get to figure out the villain behind the mask. So in all I really don\'t have any complaints about this show and I would really like to see it come back for a fourth season.
  • I loved the original Scooby Doo show, and this show continued it wonderfully, because they updated everything, but still kept old parts of the show and that was awesome.

This is for all Scooby Doo lovers who adore the original the show, but feel like seeing something a little newer.
    One of the things I'm most pleased about is that they got Frank Welker and Casey Kasem to do the guys' voices just like they did in the original. That just makes me happy.
    The episodes are pure Scooby Doo fun, and they honor the classics wonderfully. I love it.
    Sadly, I haven't seen it on Cartoon Network for quite some time, though, so I really hope they bring it back. I might start watching the channel a little more again.
    Overall show grade: B+
  • I loved this show sence i was little.

Whats New Scooby Doo is a really good show. I loved Scooby Doo sence I was little so thats probaly why I like it. I like the original Scooby Doo better though I think they should make more of the Scooby Doo shows because every one around my age they might not want to admit it but they love him even my parents do. I just completly love Scooby Doo and Shagy they are so funny. In every episode or movie they always make me smile. When I was little I used to be afraid of going to sleep in my own room but then I started whatching Scooby Doo so i thought he captured all the monsters I know it sounds stupid but I was very young.
  • This show rocked about 30 years ago and it still rocks today!

I loved the old Scooby-Doo so why shouldn't I love this one? It still has that feeling you get when you watch a Scooby-Doo. You get excited to find out who did it and you see all the goofy, mysterious, and enjoyable parts of how they get to finding it out. Fred, Shaggy, Velma, Daphne, and of course, Scooby-Doo are all here. The storyline is spectacular and the anticipation to find out the crook is always thrilling. I love the Scooby-Doo series. Who doesn't love a good mystery, especially if you're with Scooby-Doo? What's New Scooby-Doo gets a 10 from me!
  • This show rocked about 30 years ago and it still rocks today!

• Scooby Doo is back and in the 21st Century.

I just recently bought the season 1 dvd and I never knew how much I actually liked Scooby-Doo. Of course, it's not better than the original but it can definitely compare. My favorite thing about the show is how they set up each mystery and go through all the suspects. I pay attention completely and try to guess who the culprit is just before they reveal it. This show is hilariously funny and Scooby Doo is still Scooby Doo. The music of the show is also great. I'm gonna get the season 2 dvd soon because this show is awesome. "And I would've gotten away with it if it wasn't for you meddling kids". Classic all the way!!!
  • Not the same.

I liked the old 'Scooby Doo: Where Are You?" better. I liked how it was like...in the late 60's and early 70's. And I liked the physcadelic (sp?) songs they would play in the background better than the "modernized" songs they would play in the background of 'What's New' Also, the characters seemed more lovable in the 'Where are you' and the show seemed to try less hard to make people laugh. Which I really liked. Although 'What's New' is an alright version of Scooby Doo. Nobody can mess with the classics. That's why they are classics because they should be here to stay forever and ever.
  • This was a long time refreshing wait back to the traditional Mystery solving Scooby doo. It goes back to the original idea of a group of kids (and the dog) traveling investigating ghostly activities.

I first saw this show on the WB and instantly liked it. It was a change from what they had done with Scooby doo prior to it. Even though I liked some of the episodes from some of the late 70's and early 80's cartoon, most did not meet the same quality that the original series had (not to mention without both Freddy and Velma (and sometimes Daphne) something was definitely missing). Now in the new millenium the producers came up with one that not only met it but updated for the times. It's good to see the whole gang again and back at the normal ages. I'd like to see the Scooby doo franchise do more of these types of shows.
  • Its not as good as the orginal but it still is a good show.

I will be will not lie I wasn't surprised at all when I found out What's New Scooby-Doo? got cancled. It doesn't have that old Scooby-Doo feeling from the orginal Scooby-Doo. Its still good but ot like the orginal its still about Scooby Shaggy Velma Fred and Velma. Solving mysteries but I think the creators tryed to hard to make like the orginal and make real big to fast. With the first Scoooby-Doo movie that wasn't animated I think they thought it would a good Idea to push it to fast. But I still think its a good cartoon to watch is it as good as the orginal no but is a good show to watch when you feel upset about something I will rate What's New Scooby-Doo?
    a 8.0!
  • What's New Scooby Doo Visually Did not bring anything new to the Franchise, Along with A pup named Scooby doo. They just put them in the 21st Century, Gave them New Clothing, and voices and put modern technologies, they couldn't have back in 1969.

6.9
    My 64th Review after Another scooby doo spin-off, "The Scooby doo show".

This is the same old thing along with the Original 1969 version of the cartoon. It visually did not bring anything new the Franchise. same old plot, Same old Chracther, Same Old scripts, and same old Storyline. They should have called it: What's Old Scooby doo? This isn't so bad so I'll give this cartoon a C+. here the Results:

Voice-acting: D 4.5/10.0 Velma sounds way too old! Way older then the Scooby doo show!

Animation: B+ 8.5/10.0 Nice, Clean, Colorful and In Very High Quatily!

Graphics: A++ 10.0/10.0 The Finest graphics in the newer Hanna barbera shows.

Sound: B+ 7.5/10.0 Good. But too lacky.

Dialouge: D-- 4.0/10.0 Nothing New here. It's the SAME!!!!

Lasting Appeal: B- 7.8/10.0 It can be quite fun to watch.

Overall: C+ 6.9/10.0 Warner Bros Television Animation studios decided to make this spin-off once the Famous, William Hanna, and Joseph Barbera died. They should have watched Their Cartoons first!!!
  • I love this show, but I like the older version better.

I used to watch this show all the time, in fact I'm watching it now! I love the new animations these days, even though I've only been around for 13 years (lol). I love the theme song! *What's new, Scooby-Doo? We're comin' after you. We're gonna solve that mystery, I see ya Scooby-Doo, we're comin' after you, What's new, Scooby-Doo!!* True, I love the way things were before. I liked it better when they had the original Scooby-Doo: Scooby-Doo, where are you? That show was so awesome!! I really like Scooby and Shaggy 'cause they are so freakin' funny! Sometimes, I wish this show would come back.
  • everybody else said it so i might as well

just like everyone else said, this is a good show but not as good as the original. 5 teenage sleuths who go around solving mysteries and unravellin secrets for peoples selfish desires. the only difference is, this show is set in a more recent time set and the characters act a bit goofier. u still have the if it werent for u meddling kids phrase, u still have the scooby dooby doo at the end of eac episode, u still have the, lets split up gang! u still have the velma brains and fred plans which almost never work the way it was originally planned to, u still have the shaggyand scooby runs in2 the ghost ordeal, its pretty much like the old scooby doo except these mysteries arent as good and i dunno theres just somethin the old scooby doo has that this show doesnt....
< 1 2