What's New Scooby-Doo?

The WB (ended 2006)

Rtkat3

What's New Scooby-Doo? Fan Reviews (53)

• God, why can't they just leave a d*mnclassic alone?

I have nothing good about this show to say, it's terrible. Just another crappy scooby-doo spinoff that doesn't stand out at all. It's predictable, childish, and the humor is really watered down from the origional series.

There have been a couple of good spinoffs, but they were back in the 90's. This is just a monstrocity.

I don't know why, but they made Fred stupid. WHY?? That's just...so out of character. He was clever, he knew what to do. Why did they have to HIM of all people the comedy releif character? Weren't scooby and shaggy enough?

Like I said before, the humor is just...terribe really. Nothing for adults, just younger kids.

I don't know what else to say honestly, but this show really makes me miss the origional.

• another scooby doo spinoff.but this time scooby and his friends arent in early 60-is and early 70-is,they are in todays modern world.that was an epic faliur!

3.6
    first of all why did they moved the plot in our time?i loved the old scooby way better.and the sweet 60-is music played in the background.but in a new version they changed that and added some unfitting music.they changed their clothes.why?i only like that velma is out or that tacky sweater but i dont like other changes.scooby has a new voice that is so annoying and hardly says anithing anymore.the gang dont go to cemeterys and castels and scary places,they now go to lame places like dog shows and campuses.where is the mistery in that?and they changed freds personality.he was smart before and always knew what to do.now he is so stupid and full of himself!and the animation is horrid.they looked better with dots for eyes.now they look so creepy.and their skin is yellow now!why?and in some episode when they go to japan asians had grey skin!and plus they were chased by police for a crime they did not do.that sort of crap would never happen in old scooby doo!this show stinks and im glad its canceled!
  • The glutton of an unrealistic dog is back in a more modern show.

0.5
    Scooby Doo has never been suited to its job. Why would a cowardly 4-legged food processor that talks waste its time disgracing the dog world on this show? Even for those who liked the original (I'm not saying I'm one), this may be too modern. Plus, it gets less original with each episode. Don't you think depriving a person of their mask, tying them with a rope, and hearing them call you a meddling youngster is outdated? At least someone could be chased by a mad chimpanzee or something. Scooby Doo should, in my mind, stop airing and be replaced by Yogi Bear.
  • The best show ever. For 4-5 year olds.

5.5
    It's cheesy and camp. I mean, I would highly reccomend this show to young kids because it's not scary.

To summarise, an alright show, good for kiddies.
  • This may be the best Scooby-Doo series ever.

I wasn't a big fan of Scooby-Doo when I was growing up. Mainly because I mostly watched violent action-oriented shows. Now, I watch Scooby-Doo as much as I can. I even love, well let's not go that far. I like the movies. The old Scooby-Doo show is a harmless, charming and most importantly fun, not funny, but fun. By that I mean it's not filled with brilliant comedic moments having you rolling on the floor laughing. But you'll smile and have a good time watching it. "What's New Scooby-Doo?" is even better. And it's sometimes really funny. The creatures, or rather costumes look more menacing and scary than in any of the earlier installments. There's also more action and peril, making for some genuine exciting episodes. The mysteries are clever, varied and takes place all around the world. One thing I will say though is that some of the solutions are too "out-there". You know, illogical, strange. I guess "dumb" is the word I'm looking for. Now this is only in 1,2 or maybe 3 episodes. And it's a very minor problem. Actually I won't even so so far and say it's a problem. It's a small detail that's easily overlooked, especially considering the rest of the episode was great fun. Also, the animation is great when compared to other animated shows on TV. This is a superb show for young kids and adults alike.
  • cool show

I like Scooby Doo and Shaggy are the funny characters,I like Velma because she is smart,I like Daphne becuase she is smart and I like Fred well because he is good looking.There have been my many series of Scooby Doo but this is the best so far.Though I did miss Scrappy.
  • The next evolution of Scooby Doo starts right here.

Scooby Doo is now ruined thanks to that stupid Mystery Inc. show. So now,let us look at the greatest Scooby Doo spin-off of all time,What's New Scooby Doo?. This show is about Scooby,Shaggy,Fred,Velma and Daphne going to trips of places,but end up solving mysteries instead of having fun. Now,this show changes everything from Scooby Doo. Everyone doesn't just have dots for eyes anymore,Daphne changed her clothes and best of all,Fred wears a sweater and got rid of that stupid ascot. The mysteries are great,but not as good as the Witch Doctor or The Creeper. Some of them include dinosaurs coming out of 3D movies,Toys destroying malls,giant worms and many more. This doesn't have that running through doors scene,but it still has music during the chase scenes. I also love the music of the show. The theme song is done by Simple Plan,which is a band I love. They even put their song "I'd Do Anything" during the chase scene and made a guest star. However,it ended,because every good show has to end quickly. In my opinion,this was a great show and a great spin-off. Please bring it back and cancel Mystery Inc.
  • The best Scooby Doo series ever!

When this series first came out I was really excited about it. The animation was great while still being similar to the original and the monsters were fake which I really like. When \"Zombie Island\" and \"Witch\'s Ghost\" came out I was really dissapointed to see how badly they changed the Scooby Doo formula the animation wasn\'t like Scooby and the monsters were real it wasn\'t anything like Scooby Doo, it was bad enough with the \"13 Ghosts\" era but this was just adding to it. That\'s why when \"What\'s New scooby Doo?\" came out I was so happy to see that while the animation was improved it was still similar to the original and stuck to the true Scooby Doo formula which was with the fake monsters; in my opinion that makes it alot more enjoyable since you get to figure out the villain behind the mask. So in all I really don\'t have any complaints about this show and I would really like to see it come back for a fourth season.
  • One of the worst Scooby-Doo cartoons ever!

Man, did I hate this cartoon! Sometimes when I would see a glimpse of it or see the ads, I shed a tear in anger. Warner Bros. Animation did a really poor job producing this mediocre cartoon. I did not like Sander Schwartz because he produces really boring cartoons like "Xiaolin Showdown" and "Justice League Unlimited" and almost anything featuring action or a superhero. And then he messed up Scooby-Doo! Just when things couldn't get worse, they did... "Shaggy and Scooby-Doo Get a Clue" came out and that was just as bad! This show is just a mockery of the original series, which doesn't air on Cartoon Network anymore! They tried too hard to be like "A Pup Named Scooby-Doo," but failed miserably, and it came out looking and sounding like the late 1960s Warner/Seven Arts cartoons (with Cool Cat, Merlin the Magic Mouse and company.)

My bottom line? Skip this series altogether (along with the "Get a Clue" series), and just stick with the 1969-1979 classics, "A Pup Named Scooby-Doo" and the new "Scooby-Doo, Mystery Incorporated." Those are a LOT better!

• Used to like, but to childish.

5.2
    I cant say which was better out of the Old Scooby-Doo or the New One? The've added Dredful music on and all that, where is the Scary Part? What Happens at the end? It leaves you so many questions. Not Forgetting you could get bored of this Pretty Quickly. Mostly the spooks have dissapeared and so has the mystery. The Old scrappys were classic.

As we have noticed the ratings are going down of episodes you could see soon and get bored of. The Classic has ended. It was classic befor, Not now. Its Droped far behind, we could here see a end for scooby doo. I only collect the comics(For the toys and prizes). This is Past Its Prime as over 40 years of a 4 legged Mutt.

How Far It Dropped:
    Lets see... 39 episodes (only about 2 mounths to see them all)(If Cartoon Network and Bommerang play differant episodes), Not good spooks, Coulors to bright. This is a Upset for scooby Doo and will sadly be put into its History Book at the worst. Dredful and Boring! Its a Past Its Prime & Change The Channel! :( Dont Watch.

This reveiw was edited 1 times.

This Reveiw is 200 words long.
  • Mediocre, at best, but tolerable. If no other Scooby show is on, then this will do.

I reacted to the news of a new Scooby-Doo series with both delight and trepidation. At the time, the Scooby craze was at its peak, thanks to successful merchandising and a hit live action movie; surely this new show would help to fuel the craze and to introduce Scooby to a new generation of fans. But when I read the summaries of the show, my enthusiasm began to diminish somewhat. Cel phones? Internet connections? I was skeptical. Moreover, with the death of Joe Barbera and the acquisition of Hana BArbera by Warner Brothers (a company whose animation studios had not been at their peak since the 1950s)I wondered if the show would be as successful as its 1969 ancestor that started this whole trend.
    My intitial reaction to the first season was very tepid, and I am a diehard SCooby-Doo fan. The stories seemed rushed and plotless, and the mystery aspect seemed to have vanished completely. WHat bothered me the most, though, was how the characters' personalities had changed from the 1969 originals. Fred was no longer the intelligent, level headed leader, but was now portrayed as a male airhead who seemed to have left his common sense in the Mystery Machine. Daphne was no longer "Danger Prone Daphne," but had been transformed into a female version of MacGyver. And Velma, while she always had a sarcastic wit about her, seemed more sarcastic than ever, almost to the point of being curt or snotty. Still, I let it pass, chalking it up to first season growing pains.
    Then came the second season, and I wasn't any more impressed this time than I had been the first time around. This time, it wasn't so much the characters that bothered me, but the story lines and the animation. It seemed that the writers, in an attempt to be politically correct (or perhaps, to demonstrate a wry, social commentary)tried to incorporate elements such as environmental protestors and other do gooders. They attempted to integrate minority characters into the show by setting the episode in some exotic locale, such as Mexico or a tropical island, but in doing so, the animators and writers only showed their lack of cultural sensitivity. The "minority" characters all are drawn like Caucasians with bad sunburns and the wry, political humor falls flat and comes across as another dumb joke or bad pun.
    The settings have changed as well. GOne are the spooky graveyards or haunted houses, replaced by such friendly locales as amusement parks, laboratories or ski lodges. It should also be noted that the new show takes place largely in the daylight hours, a feat that was unheard of for Scooby-Doo, Where Are You. On that same note, the colors appear far too bright for a show that is supposed to be "spooky." And why does Fred's hair look like it was colored with a highlighter pen?
    This "new Doo" just cannot match the sophistication and spookiness of the original. If there is nothing else on television, I can stomach it, but I would much rather watch my DVD of "Scooby-Doo, Where Are You" than this sorry excuse for a Scooby show.
  • Ok show

It's not the best Scoobydoo series but it is a good show .The monsters could've been a little more scarier like in Scooby doo Mystery Incoroprated.
  • What's New Scooby Doo Visually Did not bring anything new to the Franchise, Along with A pup named Scooby doo. They just put them in the 21st Century, Gave them New Clothing, and voices and put modern technologies, they couldn't have back in 1969.

6.9
    My 64th Review after Another scooby doo spin-off, "The Scooby doo show".

This is the same old thing along with the Original 1969 version of the cartoon. It visually did not bring anything new the Franchise. same old plot, Same old Chracther, Same Old scripts, and same old Storyline. They should have called it: What's Old Scooby doo? This isn't so bad so I'll give this cartoon a C+. here the Results:

Voice-acting: D 4.5/10.0 Velma sounds way too old! Way older then the Scooby doo show!

Animation: B+ 8.5/10.0 Nice, Clean, Colorful and In Very High Quatily!

Graphics: A++ 10.0/10.0 The Finest graphics in the newer Hanna barbera shows.

Sound: B+ 7.5/10.0 Good. But too lacky.

Dialouge: D-- 4.0/10.0 Nothing New here. It's the SAME!!!!

Lasting Appeal: B- 7.8/10.0 It can be quite fun to watch.

Overall: C+ 6.9/10.0 Warner Bros Television Animation studios decided to make this spin-off once the Famous, William Hanna, and Joseph Barbera died. They should have watched Their Cartoons first!!!
  • good

7.1
    a meddling dog meddling kids still live on on cn and wb good show as good as the classic verion very good skobby saying a a a ahhhh monster all the time ahhh i must diw hearing dat all the time ahhh anooying its a really good seris for all ages
  • Bit better than original

Various ep (03)
  • Its not as good as the orginal but it still is a good show.

I will be will not lie I wasn't surprised at all when I found out What's New Scooby-Doo? got cancled. It doesn't have that old Scooby-Doo feeling from the orginal Scooby-Doo. Its still good but ot like the orginal its still about Scooby Shaggy Velma Fred and Velma. Solving mysteries but I think the creators tryed to hard to make like the orginal and make real big to fast. With the first Scoooby-Doo movie that wasn't animated I think they thought it would a good Idea to push it to fast. But I still think its a good cartoon to watch is it as good as the orginal no but is a good show to watch when you feel upset about something I will rate What's New Scooby-Doo?
    a 8.0!
  • This was a long time refreshing wait back to the traditional Mystery solving Scooby doo. It goes back to the original idea of a group of kids (and the dog) traveling investigating ghostly activities.

I first saw this show on the WB and instantly liked it. It was a change from what they had done with Scooby doo prior to it. Even though I liked some of the episodes from some of the late 70's and early 80's cartoon, most did not meet the same quality that the original series had (not to mention without both Freddy and Velma (and sometimes Daphne) something was definitely missing). Now in the new millenium the producers came up with one that not only met it but updated for the times. It's good to see the whole gang again and back at the normal ages. I'd like to see the Scooby doo franchise do more of these types of shows.
  • Not the same.

I liked the old 'Scooby Doo: Where Are You?" better. I liked how it was like...in the late 60's and early 70's. And I liked the physcadelic (sp?) songs they would play in the background better than the "modernized" songs they would play in the background of 'What's New' Also, the characters seemed more lovable in the 'Where are you' and the show seemed to try less hard to make people laugh. Which I really liked. Although 'What's New' is an alright version of Scooby Doo. Nobody can mess with the classics. That's why they are classics because they should be here to stay forever and ever.
  • Good remake

I find it funny how many times every creator of a new Scooby Doo cartoon makes that dog sneeze, it's alot. Anyways, this Scooby Doo Series is very good and clean with animation. This crime group from the late 60's is moved to a modern animation style with good voice acting and good music. Little kids all grow up with Scooby Doo, and here is another to grow up with.
  • I loved the original Scooby Doo show, and this show continued it wonderfully, because they updated everything, but still kept old parts of the show and that was awesome.

This is for all Scooby Doo lovers who adore the original the show, but feel like seeing something a little newer.
    One of the things I'm most pleased about is that they got Frank Welker and Casey Kasem to do the guys' voices just like they did in the original. That just makes me happy.
    The episodes are pure Scooby Doo fun, and they honor the classics wonderfully. I love it.
    Sadly, I haven't seen it on Cartoon Network for quite some time, though, so I really hope they bring it back. I might start watching the channel a little more again.
    Overall show grade: B+
  • A great animated show for young and old alike.

A great animated show for young and old alike. If this is a show that you do not normally watch and you are sitting at home with nothing to do, you are going to wish you had it on tape. Having it "on tape" had become the generic term for recorded programs. Today you are more likely to have the show on Tivo or DVR than VHS, or god forbid Beta!! It is kind of like how a lot of people still call CD's "records" or "albums." Anyway, back to the show. This is the type of show that is really pretty good if you would just give it a chance. So on those cold, lonely, rainy days, pop in your tape or DVR or whatever if you were smart enough to tape it. If not, check to see if it is on as a re-run. After all, as they say, if you have never seen it, it is new to you. A decent watch for all.
  • I like this show very much. My favorite character is Velma plus I like the not confusing mysteries that the gang solves. The show has humor and they always solve the mysteries with keen logic and keeping their eyes open for clues and suspicians. <

I like this show very much as I get up every Saturday and Sunday to watch it. My favorite character is Velma plus I like the not confusing mysteries that the gang solves, so mystery shows are so confusing to solve. The show has humor and the always solve the mysteries with keen logic and keeping their eyes open for clues and suspicians. I know that I am the only 19 years old who likes Scobby Doo but I enjoy the show.

Kim
  • I love this show, but I like the older version better.

I used to watch this show all the time, in fact I'm watching it now! I love the new animations these days, even though I've only been around for 13 years (lol). I love the theme song! *What's new, Scooby-Doo? We're comin' after you. We're gonna solve that mystery, I see ya Scooby-Doo, we're comin' after you, What's new, Scooby-Doo!!* True, I love the way things were before. I liked it better when they had the original Scooby-Doo: Scooby-Doo, where are you? That show was so awesome!! I really like Scooby and Shaggy 'cause they are so freakin' funny! Sometimes, I wish this show would come back.
  • I loved this show sence i was little.

Whats New Scooby Doo is a really good show. I loved Scooby Doo sence I was little so thats probaly why I like it. I like the original Scooby Doo better though I think they should make more of the Scooby Doo shows because every one around my age they might not want to admit it but they love him even my parents do. I just completly love Scooby Doo and Shagy they are so funny. In every episode or movie they always make me smile. When I was little I used to be afraid of going to sleep in my own room but then I started whatching Scooby Doo so i thought he captured all the monsters I know it sounds stupid but I was very young.
  • I think its good and very persuasive. It is still very fresh.

I'm glad that they have done this. (And to think that I have been missing out on this for the past 5 years). I love the original Scooby Doo and would never give it up if I have it but I'm also glad they managed to update the Scooby Doo we all know and love. I cannot imagine what it would be like without that. I'm glad they brought it into the future and included a little more tchnology into the series. It really deserves credit. It's a good thing too because now all Scooby fans everywhere can look upon more Scooby adventures in the near future. Now Scooby Doo will be able to continue his existence and will not die out to soon or fade away.
  • This show rocked about 30 years ago and it still rocks today!

I loved the old Scooby-Doo so why shouldn't I love this one? It still has that feeling you get when you watch a Scooby-Doo. You get excited to find out who did it and you see all the goofy, mysterious, and enjoyable parts of how they get to finding it out. Fred, Shaggy, Velma, Daphne, and of course, Scooby-Doo are all here. The storyline is spectacular and the anticipation to find out the crook is always thrilling. I love the Scooby-Doo series. Who doesn't love a good mystery, especially if you're with Scooby-Doo? What's New Scooby-Doo gets a 10 from me!
  • This show rocked about 30 years ago and it still rocks today!

• I\'m 32 yr old female and I love this show I\'m up every saturday morning looking for it to come on.

I\'m 32 yr old female and I love this show I\'m up every saturday morning looking for it to come on.I\'m 32 yr old female and I love this show I\'m up every saturday morning looking for it to come on.I\'m 32 yr old female and I love this show I\'m up every saturday morning looking for it to come on.I\'m 32 yr old female and I love this show I\'m up every saturday morning looking for it to come on.I\'m 32 yr old female and I love this show I\'m up every saturday morning looking for it to come on.I\'m 32 yr old female and I love this show I\'m up every saturday morning looking for it to come on.I\'m 32 yr old female and I love this show I\'m up every saturday morning looking for it to come on.
  • What's New Scooby-Doo?

This is one of the most classic cartoons I have ever seen. I like all versions of Scooby Doo they are all equally as funny as one another. I really like it a lot it is funny and entertaining and you can really laugh at it. This show is hillarious.
  • . The two ridiculous live action movies did nothing but make fun of the characters. If you want to see quality Scooby Doo, rent Zombie Island or the Witch\'s Ghost or even Alien Invaders. They updated the Characters without changing the fundamental elemen

“Scooby Doo, Where are you?” is a classic. However, this once proud franchise is starting to show its age. The two ridiculous live action movies did nothing but make fun of the characters. If you want to see quality Scooby Doo, rent Zombie Island or the Witch\'s Ghost or even Alien Invaders. They updated the Characters without changing the fundamental elements of the show.
< 1 2