What's New Scooby-Doo?

The WB (ended 2006)

Rtkat3

What's New Scooby-Doo? Fan Reviews (53)

• Scooby Doo is resurrected yet again, bringing the tired old formula with it, and actually thinks it's funny. It isn't.

4.4
    Remember "Scooby Doo, Where Are You?"? I remember watching it every day during elementary school, when I went home for lunch, and watched the first half of it every time. I would walk back to school wondering deeply about who the vllian was this time. I eventually discovered that it was always the one we meet first, who introduced the characters to this strange location and warned them of the danger lurking around it. It was then that I realized that each episode was exactly the same. Chracters are introduced to new area, investigate mystery. Scooby and Shaggy get food and run into the monster. Welma runs into the monster and loses her glasses. Fred and Daphne go to the bedroom leaving the others to investigate the 'spooky' areas (Fred you magnificent b*st*rd), and also run into the monster. Chase scene, grand unveiling, big shock.
    However, the original had a certain charm to it. It was, as one would call it, sort of funny.
    "What's New, Scooby Doo?" fails. It thinks it's funny, but it's 'hip' attitude and futile attempts at character based humor falls flat on it's face, gets up again, and then trips off of the Golden Gate bridge with its pants down.
    Upon starting, we are greeted with the chracters going to a 'spooky' area, only instead of the night-time areas of old, we get friendly looking amusement parks, college campuses, and things like that, in broad daylight. Then, the title splash sequence begins. This is when it becomes apparent that Scooby Doo is just not fit for this generation. We have a horrible opening song that sounds like an unholy mix of rap and pop music, passing off the main title mixed with several 'na na' and 'la la's as lyrics. As well as some horrible rhymes.
    To its credit, the art isn't half bad. The characters are well animated, even if the facial expressions are usually badly done. The voice acting is okay, it does the job, but it's more... annoying, than anything else.
    Now, the 'mysteries' are still following the same formula as before. Their big change is that the bad guy doesn't always say "those meddling (sp?) kids" when he/she gets caught. You can still tell exactly who's the bad guy, 99% of the time.
    To conclude: Fans of the original series are just going to weep for their violated childhood. New people to the series aren't going to see what the whole fuss was about in the first place. How this show has made it onto the air and gets so many slots is due to being the, what, 4th spin-off series of a wildly popular show of old, and nothing else. Avoid, if at all possible.
  • Even better tha the other Scooby shows! Its so cool,very nice episode plots,awesome animation and great mysteries!

I am so glad they made this spi-off the original show and its other shows are great as well but this on is my favorite.Because this one has better animation,plots,and music in each episode.They have tchnology in this show like comuters and phones-things that werent around when the original show premiered.

So this is my fav scooby show.Scooby lasted since late 60's and hopefully will last til like 2030's.
  • A Scooby-Doo series that is funny, serious and really spooktacular, all at the same time!

Over the years, the Scooby-Doo franchise has offered us a lot different perspectives on the adventures of the Mystery Inc. And this one is actually one of those series in the franchise which no fan can miss the oportunity to watch over and over and over! The characters have adventures just like in the old days, but instead of those adventures taking place in the 60's and 70's, they take place on our days, which I think is a cool move to capture everyone's attention. Plus, we are given a more personal perspective of all the characters (What they do in their spare time, which are they fears, what kind of music they actually like to hear on the radio, among many other things...), and the fact that this is the only series that made "A Pup Named Scooby-Doo" part of the Scooby-Doo canon, makes it a terrific series. Of course we also have to state that without the guest characters that appeared throughout the show like Dr. Oswald, the Hex Girls, Gibby Norton, Melbourne O'Reilly, among many others, this series would have never achieved the cult status that has among Scooby-Doo fans. And last, but not the least, the series actually has cool villains who are just a guy in a mask, wearing a rubber suit and trying to scare people away for some reason (Just like in the good old days, folks).

In a scale from 1 to 10, I give this show a 100!
  • Disapointing!

6.3
    Don't watch this show it is nothing like the old shows. I love scooby-doo where are you, the new scooby-doo movies, a pup named scooby-doo, and all the scooby-doo movies but they just changed this show to much that it isn't funny or good anymore. If you are a scooby-doo fan you will understand.
  • What's new?? I thinkit should be what's old!!

WHat kind of show is this?? It's just the same old junk that you would see in a regular episode. It's nothing new. You see the same old characters and the only thing they are doing is solving mysteries just like in the regular episode. And of course, you would see ghost and monsters and bla blah blah..... I'm not trying to offend people who like the show (that is if ANYONE likes this show), but I'm sorry... it's nothing new. WHat is up with Cartoon Network today?? Can't they just leave our fave shows alone and stop making boring crap??
  • Same characters, same format, same storyline, same old rubbish!!! Try 'What's OLD Scooby-Doo?'

0.0
    I can safely say I am sick of Scooby Doo, and all it's spin-offs. It's just the same thing as 30 years ago, with a few tweaks in animation, a few character changes, but other than that, the same old story. They find a ghost, it chases Scooby and Shaggy, they find some clues, they set up a trap, it goes wrong, and Scooby ends up accidentally saving the day, then they find out it's not actually a ghost, and that Velma knew it all along. Yawn.

I mean, isn't Casey Kasem getting tired of playing Shaggy over and over again?
  • The last GOOD Scooby-Doo cartoon since Shaggy & Scooby-Doo Get a Clue! ever existed

This was the last GOOD Scooby-Doo cartoon in my opinon. The show is great. Nuff said.
  • This isn't like the original which all of us adults will always love best, but they did a great job of updating the show. I really enjoy watching this with my daughter who is a complete scooby fanatic. We watch all of the scooby we can!

Excellent! This isn't like the original which all of us adults will always love best, but they did a great job of updating the show. I really enjoy watching this with my daughter who is a complete scooby fanatic. We watch all of the scooby we can! I prefer this to scooby and scrappy, a pup named scooby doo, and most of the scooby doo movies. I really appriciate the fact that Daphne talks and is more than just a pretty face in this spin off. Also, the fact that Casey Kasem does the voice of Shaggy makes this whole thing work great.
  • Best cartoon EVER!!

I love Scooby Doo sooo much!!
    And have done since I was a little kid.
    It is my favourite kids' cartoon of all time!
    I think the "what's new scooby doo?" is the best Scooby Doo on tv, though I do like the 70's Scooby Doo as well, though that is more what my parents watched lol.
    Basically this show is about 4 friends:
    Fred - The handsome, leader type.
    Velma - The smart, brainy type.
    Daphne - The girly-girl type.
    Shaggy - The dumb, scared, but lovable type.
    And their dog Scooby Doo (who is very similar to Shaggy).
    Together, they solve mysteries all over the world!
    This is an awesome awesome show! I watch it on Teletoon every morning!
    I really think they should make more episodes though!
    I have seen almost all of them lol, but they really are great.
    I am almost 16 and I love this show, so that just shows it never gets old :) (Or not to me anyway).
    Love it!
  • The best Scooby-Doo spin off since The New Scooby-Doo movies

Finally, a spinoff that follows into the original Scooby Doo's footsteps. SD has had its share of bad spinoffs, but this one is good. It doesn't feature Scrappy-Doo, nobody in the gang is missing, and the mysteries are just as original as the ones in the first series. If we ever get any more SD spinoffs, they better be like this one.
  • It's OMG good Scooby Doo.

This show is better than that lame-o classic show.Simple Plan sings the theme song and they have their song I Do Anything.That was a good idea.It has better music when they get chased and they don't do that famous door scene.Please bring this show back.I gotta say that whoever came up with this Spin-off was a very good idea to make.The clues are very good clues,More better songs,and Fred has diffrent eyes than the classic show.I give this show a A because it was very better than than classic show.I like this show because it's better and the theme is great.
  • Come on, It's Scooby Doo!

I of course love anything Scooby Doo ( i meam look at my icon :p) Now, this show was admittitly not as good as the orignal, but what show is?!? I give it a thumbs up and and im just happy they were able to bring some new scooby doo mysteries to life! You try writting new stuff about a talking dog and a group ror mystery solving teen-aged kids. When it's been being written since.... a really long time ago. :P (it's late and i dont' feel like finding out exactly when it came out) But i think it came out in the 60's, so thats 40 years! Again, a big thumbs up!
  • Scoobytastic!

Being the first Scooby-Doo cartoon made ever since the A Pup Named Scooby-Doo, this is series is certainly a nice addition to the Scooby family. The graphics and the animation are quite and the stories are very cool too. The way they managed to bring Scooby and the gang to the 21st century is just brilliant. They go on adventures just like in the old days (and by old days, I mean the old shows), but this time they have cell phones and laptops, they drive motorcycles, skates and have some of the coolest bad guys ever designed for a Scooby-Doo series. Oh, and did I mention that we have a really cool voice cast? All in all, it's just perfect as it is. 10 out of 10!
  • What's New Scooby-Doo? is yet another Scooby spin-off about the teenage detectives solving mysteries across the country. Join Fred, Daphne, Velma, Shaggy, and of course Scooby-Doo as they catch the bad guys behind the masks.

Who could forget our lovable and favorite canine, Scooby Doo? Scooby Doo used to be the greatest show ever. But, they had to go on and ruin it with that God awful spin off, Scooby and Shaggy Get A Clue! Oh my...that has to be the worst and most horrible scooby series that ever existed. That just blew, no, better yet, "demolished" every corny show known to man out the water. It's just plain sick. Now, What's New Scooby-Doo?, I just adored it. The best scooby doo ever. Everything was great. The design was great, so was the animation, comedy I would give a 7 too, but the show was great. What's New Scooby-Doo? is a 9/10!
  • This show was awesome.

The show is the only cartoon to come close to being good as the 1st Scooby Doo series. I loved this cartoon.
  • Scooby is back!!

A pretty good show starring our old heroes. We see them in new adventures and they have more mysteries to solve as they travel the world. They can't even go on holiday without a mystery being told to them about the place. Scooby, Shaggy, Fred, Velma,and Daphne are back to save family treasures, stop theifs and solve crimes.
    They usually find clues first as to whats going on then figure out who it could be and Fred then makes a plan which fails but Scooby Doo comes to the rescue and captures the ghost in one way or another and they get put behind bars after they say:

"Yeah an' I woulda gotten away wiv it to if it weren't fa' you meddlin' kids an' tha' pesky pooch."
  • Scooby Doo is back and in the 21st Century.

I just recently bought the season 1 dvd and I never knew how much I actually liked Scooby-Doo. Of course, it's not better than the original but it can definitely compare. My favorite thing about the show is how they set up each mystery and go through all the suspects. I pay attention completely and try to guess who the culprit is just before they reveal it. This show is hilariously funny and Scooby Doo is still Scooby Doo. The music of the show is also great. I'm gonna get the season 2 dvd soon because this show is awesome. "And I would've gotten away with it if it wasn't for you meddling kids". Classic all the way!!!
  • everybody else said it so i might as well

just like everyone else said, this is a good show but not as good as the original. 5 teenage sleuths who go around solving mysteries and unravellin secrets for peoples selfish desires. the only difference is, this show is set in a more recent time set and the characters act a bit goofier. u still have the if it werent for u meddling kids phrase, u still have the scooby dooby doo at the end of eac episode, u still have the, lets split up gang! u still have the velma brains and fred plans which almost never work the way it was originally planned to, u still have the shaggyand scooby runs in2 the ghost ordeal, its pretty much like the old scooby doo except these mysteries arent as good and i dunno theres just somethin the old scooby doo has that this show doesnt....
  • Modern Animation meets characters from yesterday. Where are the spooks? Where's the mystery? And more importantly, Where's Scooby Doo? He barely ever says a word.

“Scooby Doo, Where are you?” is a classic. However, this once proud franchise is starting to show its age. The two ridiculous live action movies did nothing but make fun of the characters. If you want to see quality Scooby Doo, rent Zombie Island or the Witch's Ghost or even Alien Invaders. They updated the Characters without changing the fundamental elements of the show.
    This series is a valiant attempt, but just misses the mark. Problem number one is the involvement of Scooby Doo. Frank Welker has always been Fred. He now tries a little Scooby on the side. For some reason this equates to Scooby not saying very much. The Scooby "formula" remains but the "bad guys in monster suits" are all forgettable or redundant. The goal here is to appeal to kids. The rest of us may change the channel when the kids leave the room.
  • It all started with one video.

7.4
    I didn`t like Scooby-Doo until I was about 5. One day my aunt bought my mother a Scooby-Doo & The Witch`s Ghost. Me & my brother asked what Scooby-Doo was about. So she told us. I thought it sounded interesting. So we asked if we could watch it. I thought Scooby-Doo was brilliant. From then on we were really into Scooby-Doo. We collected a lot of stuff & we had tons of videos. To this day we still enjoy that great dane & his mysteries with the gang.
  • Scooby-Doos mysterys are easy to solve!

This is a good show, the only problem is that it is too easy to solve the mysteries!

Scooby-Doos producers should get 'good' mysterys, not cheesy ones that I could solve just by looking at the character! It's way to easy!

This show is still funny and imformative but I don't believe not very many people watch it, except me and a few others!
  • Yet ANOTHER spin-off of the original.

4.5
    From "Scooby-Doo Movies" to the "13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo" to "A Pup Named Scooby-Doo" comes another unoriginal piece of cluster that's been pulled off from the clay of Scooby, "What's New, Scooby-Doo?" While I think it was an attempt to renew the original show, I still don't like it.

As usual, the Mystery Gang is at work with mysteries all around the world. That's it.

"What's New, Scooby-Doo" is a below-average spin-off, but hey, the animation and coloring is better than before. Though I still think that beady-eyes look better on Fred, Daphne has better curves, and Velma has more...freckles... and a smaller pair of glasses. Shaggy? He's still got that hairy chin of his.

I really, really think that the original's going to lose alot of respect because of so many spin-offs. I hate having to see one thousand spin-offs being summoned from one single show. I just hope that "Scooby-Doo, Where Are You?" is still in contact with their fans. Well, actually, I doubt it.

"What's New, Scooby-Doo" sucked. Its mysteries are so easy, I consider it a comedy show rather than a mystery show.
  • I think its good and very persuasive. It is still very fresh.

I'm glad that they have done this. (And to think that I have been missing out on this for the past 5 years). I love the original Scooby Doo and would never give it up if I have it but I'm also glad they managed to update the Scooby Doo we all know and love. I cannot imagine what it would be like without that. I'm glad they brought it into the future and included a little more tchnology into the series. It really deserves credit. It's a good thing too because now all Scooby fans everywhere can look upon more Scooby adventures in the near future. Now Scooby Doo will be able to continue his existence and will not die out to soon or fade away.
  • This show rocked about 30 years ago and it still rocks today!

I loved the old Scooby-Doo so why shouldn't I love this one? It still has that feeling you get when you watch a Scooby-Doo. You get excited to find out who did it and you see all the goofy, mysterious, and enjoyable parts of how they get to finding it out. Fred, Shaggy, Velma, Daphne, and of course, Scooby-Doo are all here. The storyline is spectacular and the anticipation to find out the crook is always thrilling. I love the Scooby-Doo series. Who doesn't love a good mystery, especially if you're with Scooby-Doo? What's New Scooby-Doo gets a 10 from me!
  • This show rocked about 30 years ago and it still rocks today!

• I\'m 32 yr old female and I love this show I\'m up every saturday morning looking for it to come on.

I\'m 32 yr old female and I love this show I\'m up every saturday morning looking for it to come on.I\'m 32 yr old female and I love this show I\'m up every saturday morning looking for it to come on.I\'m 32 yr old female and I love this show I\'m up every saturday morning looking for it to come on.I\'m 32 yr old female and I love this show I\'m up every saturday morning looking for it to come on.I\'m 32 yr old female and I love this show I\'m up every saturday morning looking for it to come on.I\'m 32 yr old female and I love this show I\'m up every saturday morning looking for it to come on.I\'m 32 yr old female and I love this show I\'m up every saturday morning looking for it to come on.
  • What's New Scooby-Doo?

This is one of the most classic cartoons I have ever seen. I like all versions of Scooby Doo they are all equally as funny as one another. I really like it a lot it is funny and entertaining and you can really laugh at it. This show is hillarious.
  • . The two ridiculous live action movies did nothing but make fun of the characters. If you want to see quality Scooby Doo, rent Zombie Island or the Witch\'s Ghost or even Alien Invaders. They updated the Characters without changing the fundamental elemen

“Scooby Doo, Where are you?” is a classic. However, this once proud franchise is starting to show its age. The two ridiculous live action movies did nothing but make fun of the characters. If you want to see quality Scooby Doo, rent Zombie Island or the Witch\'s Ghost or even Alien Invaders. They updated the Characters without changing the fundamental elements of the show.
  • Scooby-Doo has always been popular, but to create it in a modern world is genious. It is like seeing all your old favorite characters use modern technology and live in our world.

Scooby-Doo has always been popular, but to create it in a modern world is genious. It is like seeing all your old favorite characters use modern technology and live in our world. It also stays true to the orignal Scooby-Doo Where are You! There is a couple of things different about the characters, which makes it way more fun to watch.
  • I loved this show sence i was little.

Whats New Scooby Doo is a really good show. I loved Scooby Doo sence I was little so thats probaly why I like it. I like the original Scooby Doo better though I think they should make more of the Scooby Doo shows because every one around my age they might not want to admit it but they love him even my parents do. I just completly love Scooby Doo and Shagy they are so funny. In every episode or movie they always make me smile. When I was little I used to be afraid of going to sleep in my own room but then I started whatching Scooby Doo so i thought he captured all the monsters I know it sounds stupid but I was very young.
< 1 2