What's New Scooby-Doo?

The WB (ended 2006)

Rtkat3

What's New Scooby-Doo? Fan Reviews (53)

• This may be the best Scooby-Doo series ever.

I wasn't a big fan of Scooby-Doo when I was growing up. Mainly because I mostly watched violent action-oriented shows. Now, I watch Scooby-Doo as much as I can. I even love, well let's not go that far. I like the movies. The old Scooby-Doo show is a harmless, charming and most importantly fun, not funny, but fun. By that I mean it's not filled with brilliant comedic moments having you rolling on the floor laughing. But you'll smile and have a good time watching it. "What's New Scooby-Doo?" is even better. And it's sometimes really funny. The creatures, or rather costumes look more menacing and scary than in any of the earlier installments. There's also more action and peril, making for some genuine exciting episodes. The mysteries are clever, varied and takes place all around the world. One thing I will say though is that some of the solutions are too "out-there". You know, illogical, strange. I guess "dumb" is the word I'm looking for. Now this is only in 1,2 or maybe 3 episodes. And it's a very minor problem. Actually I won't even so so far and say it's a problem. It's a small detail that's easily overlooked, especially considering the rest of the episode was great fun. Also, the animation is great when compared to other animated shows on TV. This is a superb show for young kids and adults alike.