Which episode included the extended theme song? PLEASE HELP!

mattyg1306

[1]Feb 13, 2008
    • level: 16
    I was wondering if anyone knows which episode featured the full version of theme song, as released on the "Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?" album. I remember that the closing scene featured Rockapella all tied up in the alley, and a bunch of other guys lipsyncing the theme... Then Rockapella gets loose (I think), and they continue singing the album version of the theme song ("Well she glides around the globe and she'll flimflam every nation...). It was the one and only time that the full song was heard on the show. I thought it was a "special" episode, like the 100th or 200th or something, but I can't find any kind of documentation to confirm which one it was. Does anyone know this? If so, do you have the episode and could post it (or at least the end sequence) on youtube? Thanks in advance to anyone who knows!
    Edited on 02/13/2008 7:50pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

wwfpooh

[2]Feb 27, 2008
    • level: 20
    mattyg1306 wrote:
    ("Well she glides around the globe and she'll flimflam every nation...)
    Well, various verses of the title song were sung during the closing credits in the later seasons and so, one could try checking the later seasons first.

CCUSTMA

[3]Mar 13, 2008
    • level: 12
    I guess they never sang the full song during credit rolls.

wwfpooh

[4]Mar 16, 2008
    • level: 20
    CCUSTMA wrote:
    It was either on the album or done live during concerts that the group performed.

Song can be found here.

arthurwvandalay

[5]Jun 6, 2008
    • level: 1
    They definitely did sing the full theme song in the closing credits of one season. I'm thinking it was season 3, because in season four they started using pretaped closing credits, and I don't think it was in season 1 or 2.
    I remember the guys being tied up, and other people singing the theme. You're definitely not crazy. I'm interested in which episode this is, as well.

mattyg1306

[6]Jun 11, 2008
    • level: 16

wwfpooh wrote:
    CCUSTMA wrote:
    It was either on the album or done live during concerts that the group performed. Song can be found here.

Yeah, I wasn't asking whether or not they sang the full song...I KNOW FOR A FACT that they did...I saw it myself. I was asking which episode it was... No offense, though, and thanks for the link...lol

arthurwvandalay wrote:
    They definitely did sing the full theme song in the closing credits of one season. I'm thinking it was season 3, because in season four they started using pretaped closing credits, and I don't think it was in season 1 or 2. I remember the guys being tied up, and other people singing the theme. You're definitely not crazy. I'm interested in which episode this is, as well.

Anyway, its a shame no one has posted this episode on youtube (at least that I can find!). I think the other group was one of their "rival" acapella groups from a PBS special they did before Carmen, but I'm not sure. The episode guide on here is pretty vague, and the fact that the show isn't running in syndication doesn't help matters any...but that's probably because alot of the geographic data has changed drastically. That's actually the reason they changed the third verse from "She go from Nashville to Norway..." to the verse "Botswana to Thailand..." during the final seasons...the 'Nashville' verse ended with 'Czechoslovakia and back', and that country was divided into the Czech Republic and Slovakia on January 1, 1993, shortly after season two finished airing on PBS. This is the only verse change that occurred in all 295 episodes other than the one time the full version was played. And to this day when Rockapella or the Groovebarbers (Sean Altman's group) perform this song live, they now say "Czech AND Slovakia and back" at the end of the third verse.

Edited on 06/11/2008 6:27pm
    Edited 4 total times.