White Collar

Bottlenecked

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM Feb 23, 2010 on USA

7.4
  • Neal is being contacted by an old adversary who wants to make a bet with him on who could counterfeit a bottle of old wine better. Neal brings in Peter and Mozzie to help him catch this "old friend" who is willing to kill to get things done!

This really was an outstanding episode and a step above most of the first season. It was nice to see and a good representation of what this show could be if they really try.

I think some of the pieces that fit better together were the fact that this was Neal's case and he willing trusted Peter and brought him in. This show works better when the two of them work as a team. Mozzie is also a key to that dynamic. Now that Peter is use to him, his help has been invaluable.

Ross McCall who played the bad guy Matthew Keller was truly an unlikable chap. It made it very easy for you to route for the team to bring him down.

I have to admit that the bit with the bottle was a little predictable under the circumstances, but I guess Neal can't see everything coming. The ending was a little unsatisfying as you felt that Keller really did succeed in his scam, but you can't always get everything you want.

Overall a clever and enjoyable episode of White Collar. Let's hope that as this season ends and next begins we'll see a lot more episodes like this one! Thanks for reading...