A White Collar Community
USA (ended 2014)

USA is saying goodbye to its long-running comedy Psych next Wednesday, March 26, and now it looks like fan-favorite series White Collar is also headed for the great TV graveyard in the sky. Although the network has yet to confirm as much, the series will likely be back for a shortened sixth season that will also be its last, according to Deadline. UPDATE: The network has confirmed a six-episode Season 6 renewal, though did not say whether Season 6 will definitely be the show's last (it probably will).      

The decision is reportedly a compromise between USA Network, which wanted to wrap up Neal Caffrey's story with a movie or miniseries, and Fox TV Studios, which produces White Collar and fought to give the show a more "proper" send-off, similar to those enjoyed by its network siblings like MonkBurn NoticePsych, and In Plain Sight.

While the shortened episode order might feel like a raw deal, considering that White Collar's fifth season ended with a cliffhanger in which Neal (Matt Bomer) was abducted by an unknown man, it's probably best to feel confident we'll get some closure and not look a gift horse in the mouth (what is a gift horse?). After all, abbreviated final seasons, when done well, can turn out great; we only have to look to Nikita's recent six-episode swan song to see that.

thekaitling:list:white-collar-are-you-excited-for-a-final-season/

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 12/18/2014

Season 6 : Episode 6

97 Comments
Comments (86)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
White Collar shouldn't send on the "status quo," but with Neal free of his FBI requirements. He decides to stay on as a fully paid and free guy.

In fact, if it was up to me, I'd have a Presidential pardon at the next to last episode. An earlier one could have Neal looking at yet more time, but then it comes to light he saved the USA thus earning his pardon.

Mozzie figures out a way to skim from the bad guys and while Peter and Neal notice they allow it. Mozzie gets his island, where he "rules."

The last episode takes place decades later where Peter is dying of old age or an illness. "Someone" gave him a very big unsolicited award for his years of service at his retirement. He's at home instead of a nursing home and has people there to help him. He's OK, but not really himself. He' depressed and very much looking forward to joining Elizabeth.

Neal being a bit younger is there and it turns out with the pardon, he became a FBI agent. He's now where Peter was when they met (SSA, head of an unit, etc). Neal is about to retire, but is working one last case. It is the he only cold / open case Neal and Peter ever had just before Peter retired.

As many people,, just before death some get a lot of energy and feel great. This turns out to be the case for Peter. He and Neal have one last case and at the end, Peter succumbs to his age or illness. Peter goes to see Elizabeth with everything wrapped up. All cases closed. Neal on the straight and narrow. Mozzie, well, Mozzie is Mozzie.

Fade to black. Roll the credits along with highlight stills of the great moments of "White Collar" history.

I hope White Collar ends on a similarly positive note for the characters. I doubt it, but it is my desire / hope they have great lives and a happy ending.
More+
Flag
It sucks this show is ending on a 6 episode final season. The last episode is this week and i really feel like it will be to short. I think they could have had a full season off of this story line, i know the cost of the show is high but i think they could have done somethings to cut the cost. I would have liked to have seen This show continue with this season being the changing point for peter and neals relationship. Neal could have been let out of his deal and still stayed working for the fbi, etc. I just think the show could have gone a full season, maybe even 1 more season. I will miss the show! USA has cut off several of my all time favorite shows in recent years and the crap they are putting out now is awful (except suits i love that show).
Flag
I wish this show continue many seasons more, same as Bones and Castle. In fact White Collar, Bones and Castle are my favourite tv series. Because this series are a great combo of comedy, a new exiting case every episode, plus a continue of developing of the realationships betewn the caracters. I will miss very much White Collar ;-(
Flag
this show ends, my life ends. its the best show ever, and i know 'its just a tv show' but it DID change my life. please dont end. give AT LEAST 2 more seasons. PLEASE&3 ilyy
Flag
I really wish this would not end now at least give it 2 more full seasons i mean i was sad that PSYCH ended i loved that show. I heard that white collar is costing to much to make is why there ending it but COME ON SON!! "psych' i would try to cut the cost of the show in some way before ending it do it for the fans of this show and others tv show find a way to keep it going for three more season with like 10 episodes or 8 and give it some time to bring it all together for a great ending.
Flag
Fall will soon be upon us and we still don't have any premier dates for USA (and more specifically, White Collar)?
Flag
It's literally the only show I've ever watched on USA and never missed an episode. When it's gone (mistake) so will be USA from my weekly shows. Great show that has humor, suspense and very well played characters.
Flag
White Collar is one of the best shows on tv, WHY would you end it? It's intelligent, suspenseful, fun, the relationships between characters are perfect. PLEASE don't cancel it!! Our whole family looks forward to watching it together (25-60)
Flag
I want sara back !! Please bring her back; her and neal were such a good couple !!
Flag
I love White Collar I never want it to end!!!!:《
Flag
White Collar holds my interest and keeps me coming back to USA network. The more grand scripts and great characters the better. Enjoy the whole cast and want to see more than 1 more season of this show.
Flag
To bad it's coming to an end
Flag
Its a great show. I think it deserve's an extension because of its originality around the con being a great art forger and helping FBI to catch those like him. Not forgetting Mozzi's wit too. Great show!
Flag
Am a big fan of white collar its one of my fav programmes to watch!! I cant waite for season six!! I love neal but would love to see neal and sara back together and being happy!! I wont more thab six episode tho, that wont be enough !!! Love mozy i wont sonething exciting going on with sara mozy and neal
Flag
I'm a big fan of White collar, but I'd like to see it go in a fresh direction. I think it would be awesome if they worked Neal out of the anklet and freed him from the FBI to continue his life. It would be cool to see him, Sara, and Mozy open a "Sterling Bauch" type company names "White Collar" maybe. Not insurance, but recovery, where they recovered items of extravagance, and set up security systems for big companies. It would allow them to have high class lifestyles and travel the world instead of always working in NY.
Flag
I want more than just 6 episodes to tie up the cliffhanger !! I want a whole sixth season !!! And if it has to be the finale one, then so be it. But I would waych a seventh, ...
Flag
I think it's a great show with a fabulous cast. I will be sad to see it go! Nick's quote is fitting and the third season finale was good, but WC is one of the best. Its right up there with NCIS if you ask me and that's the top show on prime time TV. The heck with the rest of the original USA productions. There is no contest. Covert Affairs is good. Monk was top shelf. Burn Notice, yah but they are killing it with reruns. Bomer is hot and fun. So is Peter. his wife, hot,. Moz, "Diana, Burns. This crew is a cast to dye for.....
Flag
I think Mozzie's quote of Orson Welles is fitting, "If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story."
Flag
I was really happy with Season 3 finale, it was a just ending. I hope the real ending its better than my expectations.
Flag
im not exactly wanting a final season. i think it has plenty of room for more episodes
Flag
Above it asks if I'm excited for a final season. Yes and no. I am glad another season is coming, but not happy or excited it is to be the final one. I like the show very much, and would prefer the season was longer, and that there were more to come after 6. If these writers can't think of more to write to keep it interesting, get some new writers. And give it more publicity to get more people hooked on it! It's a wonderful show that I would like to see continue!
Flag
I think White Collar is a lovely and clever series that if it hasn't catched on for more seasons it has been a lack of good publicity and repeating/showing the series enough and at good times for people to get it... its a pity we'll only get one more season... I find it instructive, loving and world savvy in a positive way...
Flag
It will be nice to see a proper ending, since they botched the "true logical ending" at the end of season 3 when Kramer was gonna take Neal back to DC and Peter gave Neal "the look" and Neal took off to the island. Frankly that was the perfect ending for the series.
Flag
Fingers crossed for more after season 6!

Even if we don't(sadly) at least we're getting 6 episodes..im gonna be so upset when it ends
Flag
Gift horse phrase originates from when people used to give things like horses as gifts. Apparently looking at a horse's mouth was a way to tell its health or something, so the phrase was basically saying to not be ungrateful by checking its mouth when they gave it to you
Flag
Waiting for more
Flag
I'm bummed out that it's not going to be a FULL Season!! If the show needs to end (which I don't know why it would and not sure I understand why they are ending it in the first place when it has a STRONG fan base!!) then they should use a FULL season to do it to make sure it gets the full closure the fans deserve and the characters deserve!! It's going to stink when this show ends - first Pysch and now White Collar!? UGH!!! My heart is about to give up on USA....they are canceling all my fave shows one by one.... :-(
Flag
This is another case of the network thinking it knows best.... And forget spending a few extra dollars on advertising... Anything not new is a dead horse to the money grabbers.... Of course unless they love it.... Then we get 12 - 15 years..... Well I've seen CSI:Miami, CSI:NY, and too many more to list them all, go by the wayside because the people who have the means think they are all dead programs.... Change I don't mind, but I hate leaving a show because THEY don't care what we think... I'm almost ready to tell them to shove TV where the sun don't shine... I AM NOT BUYING PRODUCT BECAUSE OF A COMMERCIAL!!! I haven't the money to buy all of junk you sell... Matt Bomer... Thank you for playing Neal and allowing us to enjoy your craft..... Bravo! Sir :-)
Flag
The thing is that White Collar is Inteligent and interesting... it needed more time and effort (publicity and repeat of the series) to get people to enjoy it... people like the gory killings and drama.. its easier a no brainer... White Collar needs brains and heart to enjoy...
Flag
the whole problem was that second half of season 3 was shit and then season 4 with Neal's father storyline was even more shit. Didn't give the show a chance to grow and the writing and story was awful. It was a miracle that the show became great last season but these situations are never considered by networks they want cut off the show in first moment of dropping ratings. I hope they think about this and consider at least a half season for the last season. This is definitely gonna be a last season.
Flag
Disagree. There is no shitty season of White Collar. Neal Father's storyline was highlight.
Flag
Really disappointed that they will likely end this show this season...it's a great program (I just got hooked on it about 2 months ago, watched it on Netflix from 1 until the end of season 5 tonight)...so many opportunities still left to be explored. And we all know that Kate did not die in that explosion...
Flag
Holy crap yes that's what I think, Kate had Neal "abducted" and she is going to meet up with him on a random island but Neal doesn't want to be with her anymore!
Flag
I want to see Peter turning much more into Neal....
His wife is clearly saying no to relationship right now...
Flag
I wish this never end but now we know ... i would love that alex hunter be on the show and save neal one more night. It will be awesome!!!
Flag
Oh.. I would never want this show to end. I hope this 6th season is absolutely not the last one. I have never been addicted to any show but this. The end of this show would apparently be the end of cable connection at my place. :( I really want it to go on. Wrapping the show up so early would be breaking so many hearts.
Flag
I agree.. never been adicted either...
Flag
A gift horse is just what it says, a horse that is a gift. The reason they say don't look a gift horse in the mouth is that you can tell a horse's age by looking at it's teeth. So don't look at a horse someone gives you and try to determine if it is a worthless old nag, just be greatful for the horse. A very good saying in this instance, because I am very sad to see the show end and I will be attempting not to judge the small season to come by the fact that it is going to be a lot less white collar than I wanted to see.
Flag
keep white collar going....its an awesome series..when ever series gets good, u guys in the US end series which the fans really enjoy...so i say keep white collar going
Flag
all of my favourite shows are ending :(
Flag
I think White Collar is a great show and I have seen this show religiously until about this season; I lost interest because I agree that it is running out of steam. So although I am going to miss the cast and the show; maybe it is time for it to go.

However if it is not the last season of WC and USA wants more seasons of WC I will also be okay with that.... mostly because I am not tired of Matt Bomer's face yet, but they will need to come up with a better storyline, the show has become way too predictable.

Requests if it were the final season:
- Return of Sarah
- Return of Kate
- Return of Hughes
- Neal finally goes free from the ankle monitor but chooses to stay and work for the FBI
- Peter gets a promotion but also has Neal by his side.
- and finally, a happy ending: The show needs to go out in a positive way with a definitive ending (not like Veronica Mars or Chuck). Honestly I love that USA is the blue skies network because when I am done working I like watching a little bit of Drama and comedy with no dark storylines!

I gonna miss the show; I hope its' final season has longer than six eps. And don't kill off a major character like Nikita did! (#StillHurtingAboutRyanFletcher) maybe ten eps is a good compromise (like Pysch has).
More+
Flag
Hughs can't come back since the actual actor of him died a couple weeks ago of cancer
Flag
The wish for Hughes to return won't happen. The others would be quite interesting.
Flag
Pretty sure we have a better chance of seeing Hughes again than we do of seeing Kate... Considering she's dead and all.
Flag
Hughes actor died
Flag
Oh right forgot that Kate died.... Hughes I am sure will be in the final season, they brought him back this season as well. Maybe bring back Alex then? I don't know whether that would be a good idea though...
Flag
Hughes actor died
Flag
Pretty sure we'll never see Hughes again, considering James Rebhorn died a while back.
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
I gave up on it halfway through season 5 but if it's really ending with 6 episodes in season 6 I might just finish season 5 and see the ending of the show.
Flag
Just about every show runs out of ideas after 4-5 seasons (see: Lost, Alias, and many others). Even great ones need to end. Really enjoyed watching White Collar and I will miss the characters but it's had a good run and it's time to end it. It's a show that rarely "wowed" me, but was consistently entertaining and hardly ever disappointing, like meatloaf.
Flag
I'm glad the network is giving it six episodes to wrap things up, rather than a 2 hour movie. The writers should be able to give the show the closure it deserves. It has been entertaining far more often than not.
Flag
and when covert affairs ends there will be nothing left on USA that I watch ..oh nevermind, there is graceland. psych, white collar and necessary roughness this close together is a lot to lose though. and graceland hasn't won me over the way the other shows had either. and sirens looks like rubbish (sorry to steal your word brits but it was that or profanity.)

I'll take a final season over no season but USA is pissing me the eff off.
Flag
As much as I enjoy the show, the fifth season wasn't one of its best, I think it's time for it to go to bed.
Flag
I will miss Mozzie the most.....
Flag
It is almost time for White Collar to end. I still like the show, but I feel it is running out of ideas. I think an abbreviated season is an insult, Nikita did well with what it had, but I, as a viewer, felt shorted. WC, as well as Nikita, needs a full season to wrap things up.
Flag
I think it's time, I love watching the escapades of Neil caffery mainly because I can't stop drooling over Matt Boomer but I would really love it if they jumped into his past and wrapped that up nicely and then gave him his freedom and they ended like that, Finally happy with a girl by his side that doesn't want to kill him or kill him.
Flag
Drooling? You don't mind that he's gay?
Flag
Couldn't care less I love him.
Flag
A gift horse is a horse given you that you suspect to be a Trojan horse. History tells us we should look a gift horse in the mouth, but it shows a lack of trust. Or something.
Flag
Close but no. All it means is that you don't accept a gift wishing it were a better one. You look a horse in the mouth because as they age, their teeth grow longer and project farther forward, giving meaning to the phrase "long in the tooth". If a person gives you a horse, you don't check to see if it's a young horse which is worth more. That's just ungrateful.
Flag
Ah, right.
Flag
Although I love White Collar, I'm afraid to say that lately it had become sort of repetitive or kind of predictive. I watched the first episode of Season 5 and was ticked off that they played everything so casually. Neal getting baited like that, Peter getting out of jail so quickly, and more... I just lost interest for a while.

Don't worry, I resumed watching soon after because, well, White Collar is still good at what it does and the case of the week usually is kind of exciting.

But with The Good Wife, Person of Interest, and more shows shooting up their creativity, it became hard for the show to compete with them. Consider Castle... Beckett left for DC and that lasted over a couple of episodes and it worked superb! Wait, it was frickin' genius! (Castle has been a surprise for me personally, I didn't believe it'd last more than a season but not only is it now in its 6th season, they've made it fun, exciting, and far superior than where it was initially - Though, it's no Person of Interest for sure).

Anyways... I guess what I'm saying is that I do believe that the show has run its course and with the 6 episode order for Season 6 for White Collar... I think it'll give them ample air-time for a one last big hurrah before bowing out gracefully. I'm sure it won't be anything like Dexter's disastrous finale at least! ;)

Plus I'm sure many of us would love to see Matt Bomer, Tim Dekay, Willie Garson, Tiffani Thiessen, and Marsha Thomason grow with other opportunities...!
More+
Flag
A shortened season that is focussed on closing the main series arc/s (like Nikita did it) is far better than a mediocre full season that also has 'filler' in the shape of new villains / cases of the week and provides only half-assed closure... Not sure if I have a good example of this but say Dexter?
Flag
I tuned out in Season 5, just felt repetitive and unfocused.

White Collar has a great cast, I am hoping the fans get the send off they deserve.
Flag
My wish for the ending (even though it's a bit trite)...

Burke first assumes the worst -- that Neal has run off.

Kidnappers are forcing Neil to do a major heist.

Burke tracks Neal down, thinks he's is in on it. But, somehow (in a way only Caffrey does best) Neal turns the tables on his captors and hands the FBI a group of most wanted -- on a silver platter. It ends up being Peter's biggest bust, ever.

These events cause the FBI to grant Neal his freedom.

Moz tries to convince Caffrey to return to their criminal ways.

Neal is very tempted, but conflicted.

Then, I have two options:

1) They end up deciding to compromise. They'll be pseudo criminals. They'll pull off crimes, but their victims will only be other criminals.

2) They open a business similar to the TV show, Leverage, where they use their understanding of the criminal world to help the downtrodden.

And, as for Burke, I also have two options:

1) He quits the FBI and joins Neal and Moz, with a fun twist that Neal is now Peter's boss.

2) He becomes the head of the FBI and turns a blind eye to Neal's new gray-area business. And, in return, they have to be available to help the FBI on occasion when they have a particularly difficult case -- especially when they need some "unconventional" help. Sort of like a Black Ops team in the military. Not "officially" sanctioned.

I would find any of that highly satisfying and a fitting end to Neal's story.

More+
Flag
I would also add a #3, that Neal continues to work for the FBI as a free man, but then I thought, what would Mozzie do then? So, I like your #1 and #2 better.

Plus, Neal needs to meet a woman, someone new. He needs to move on from all of his previous relationships.

And......for Neal to re-connect with his mother (extra bonus: that Neal takes after his mother).
Flag
I'm not in favor of ending the show with essentially the status quo. And, just having his freedom doesn't feel like enough of a change to qualify.

Did I miss (or forget) an episode that revealed Neal's mother??? Or, was that your wish for the ending?
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members