White Collar Forums

USA (ended 2014)

Discussion Thread: 1.05 - The Portrait

chuckdreyfuski

[1]Nov 20, 2009
    • level: 25
    Discuss your thoughts on the episode here...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

aislingxireland

[2]Nov 21, 2009
    • level: 8

yea im the first person to write a comment and i hope im not the last.

i love white collar.so far the storyline has been awesome!!!

hope it does well

also loved this episode cant wait for more

kittychan86

[3]Nov 21, 2009
    • level: 46
    can anyone lip read what neal said when he got out of the car while at the stakeout? its just bugging me a little, seems like something funny in my mind, but until i know exactly what it is.. i feel like im laughing at a joke i dont get!

great episode! nice reveal with kate... the fact that cruz wasnt in the episode... a little bit of a plus? i get why she's part of the cast, but the character does detract from the show a little. maybe they [writers etc] havent quite decided what direction they want to go with her yet. hopefully once they have, her character will fit better with the rest.

turkisme

[4]Nov 22, 2009
    • level: 6
    i loved it

chuckdreyfuski

[5]Nov 22, 2009
    I noticed this, but I can't figure it out either.

kittychan86 wrote:
    can anyone lip read what neal said when he got out of the car while at the stakeout? its just bugging me a little, seems like something funny in my mind, but until i know exactly what it is.. i feel like im laughing at a joke i dont get!

I kind of like Cruz from what I've seen from her so far. It's a bit cliche' but she acts as the female character who subtly crushes on/admires the male lead (Caffrey). At least, I like her character better than Diana Lancing (Marsha Thomason). Don't quote me on this, but I think this episode was filmed prior to Natalie Morales (Lauren Cruz) being part of the show and was originally slated to air after the pilot.

kittychan86 wrote:
    the fact that cruz wasnt in the episode... a little bit of a plus? i get why she's part of the cast, but the character does detract from the show a little. maybe they [writers etc] havent quite decided what direction they want to go with her yet. hopefully once they have, her character will fit better with the rest.

kittychan86

[6]Nov 22, 2009
    • level: 46
    I know you said not to quote you on this, BUT i cant help it unless they decided to redo parts of the episode, that wouldnt make sense because of the kate storyline... that keeps it continuous? its possible because they brought in the art gallery chick that they didnt need another female, cruz, on their side.

another note about diana: is she ever coming back? i had a feeling that she got "recast" by natalie's character as soon as episode 2 aired, (which happens a lot in between pilots and the show being picked up, eg psych just off the top of my head) but i cant quite seem to find any confirmation... she's [diana] still seem to be listed as a star on unaired/future episodes.

thoughts?
    (sorry about going off topic here... really should start another thread about this...)

still waiting for anyone who can lip-read to find out what neal was saying...

chuckdreyfuski

[7]Nov 22, 2009
    Yep, it could be that they really had the stolen painting case as the main story of the second episode, but without the parts/scenes about Kate. They could've added those after they decided to move it further down the schedule. I'm not sure, so better not quote me.

It isn't off-topic, since we're still talking about the episode and the characters that were missing in the episode.

KimCole0

[8]Dec 6, 2009
    • level: 1
    shenanigans --- it was what Peter had said to Neal right before Neal got out of the car.