White Collar Forums

Thursday 9:00 PM on USABetween Seasons

Discussion Thread: 1.14 Out of the Box

anbis82

[1]Mar 9, 2010
    • level: 60

Oh well, it's already time for the first White Collar Season Finale!

Please use this thread to share your thoughts about "Out of the Box".

Enjoy

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

rookeealding

[2]Mar 9, 2010
    • level: 9

Everything I'm about to say is a potiental spolier for those who have not watched the episode. Since I cannont for the life of me figure out how to do that spoiler tag thing I thought I would let you know....

Anyway.

Is Kate really dead? 'Cause I think that could possibly be BS in order to lead us away from suspecting that she's behind all of this. I know we saw her face in the scene just before he turned his back for a second time, but... I think he was suppose to die since his usefulness just became null. ( or so they think, I for one think that he either replaced the music box or has already stolen what was so darn important in it to begin with. Next season should be interesting. Hopefully they actually show it in "the summer" and don't do what they did with psych and wait till fall!)

aislingxireland

[4]Mar 10, 2010
    • level: 8

wow great ep

still kinda in shock ...

im not sure if kate is dead ... we did see her in de plane

cant wait for next season ..

white collar is getting better and better

DungeonDragon18

[5]Mar 10, 2010
    • level: 10

My general policy with TV/movie deaths is that if you don't see a character's dead body then they are most likely not dead. In this case, if Kate was working with Fowler as Peter thought she was, then she probably knew the plane was going to explode and exited the plane from the other side before it detonated. If she wasn't a willing accomplice, then she probably didn't know and is therefore dead as a doornail. Either way, they were definitely trying to kill Neal.

namige_667

[6]Mar 10, 2010
    • level: 3

Finally that trickk is dead...lmbo jk

but what the frick..I definitely did not see that one coming...I was trynna figure out what the hell would be so unexpected and I figured someone dying would be unexpected but I didn't think it would be her..but then again we don't know if she really died...

I didn't like her anyways...they showed her like five times throughout the whole season...and she's supposed to be the "whole" reason Neal is doing all this crap...and now she's supposedly dead...

does anyone know if Kate is the same girl that was on the movie Percy Jackson and the lightning thief..I'm pretty sure that it's her...can't wait til next season...hopefully we get to see all the art that Neal has "stolen"...

Datruth112

[7]Mar 10, 2010
    • level: 5
    The ending was very surprising, but also hard to swallow.

Why did the plane just explode, and how did they know when Neil was going to be in it?

That's a loose end that is bothering me a bit, as far as believability goes, and i hope they resolve that in the next season.

Btw when is the next season?

White collar though is one of the best new shows to come out in a while, and I've really enjoyed the first season

mattgus

[8]Mar 11, 2010
    • level: 14
    they did'ni know when he would be in it which is why he survived i guess...anyway i am like most others very pleased that this has turned out to be a very good show,entertaining suspensful clever and lots of eye candy...looking forward to sea 2

haldrey

[9]Mar 12, 2010
    • level: 22
    Great finale, if Kate is dead, which I doubt, then they need to find a new driving force for Ned in next season.

DungeonDragon18

[10]Mar 12, 2010
    • level: 10

My interpretation of why the plane exploded when it did was that the bomb was supposed to go off when both Neal and Kate were on the plane. Since the bomb went off before Neal got on the plane, it's reasonable to assume that the bomb was hooked up to a timer, which was probably remotely started after Neal gave the box to Fowler.They would have known how long it would take for Neal to get from the meeting point to the airstrip, and they failed to factor in Neal stopping to argue with Peter. Thus, the timer ran out before Neal got on the plane, and boom goes the plane.

But likeI said in my previous post, I don't think Kate's dead. Generally speaking, if the audience is supposed to think a character's dead, but they don't actually show their death or dead body on screen, they're not really dead. She probably got off the plane before the bomb went off.

blue_fish24

[11]May 2, 2010
    • level: 18
    This finale was definitely a shock for me! I was not expecting the ending. Personally, I dislike Kate, because I think she's been playing Neal all season. So I am hoping she was still on the plane when the bomb went off, but I have a sneaky suspicion that she somehow got off and is still alive. I agree with DungeonDragon18 that TPTB probably want us to think she died.