White Collar Forums

Thursday 9:00 PM on USABetween Seasons

Discussion Thread: 2.05 Unfinished Business

anbis82

[1]Aug 10, 2010
    • level: 60

Please use this thread to share your thoughts about Unfinished Business. From the USA Network Homepage: A routine bond theft escalates into an attempted murder when Neal is unknowingly hired to kill the assigned insurance investigator.

If you ask me that sounds really good! By the way, tonight Hilary Burton joins the cast. Let's see how that works out for Neal. Enjoy !

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

kanniballl

[2]Aug 11, 2010
    • level: 18

I enjoyed it, I like the reveal about the bad guy's true identity and the tense situation a Neil made his way to her apartment with the gun.

I am surprised that it was the Insurance agent (and not Neil) that came up with the "fake my death with muzzle flashes" bit, that seemed like the obvious solution and well with Neil's realm of con schemes. I guess she'll be back for at least another episode, as he has to get that tape from her.

Once again we get the wife (Tiffany Thiessen) on the green screen, I guess it's better than nothing. If she vanished completely for 1/2 or a whole season this early in the show, it would be awkward. 1/3 of the viewers would forget about her, 1/3 would wonder what's going on, and the last 1/3 (or less) would know that it was due to maternity leave.

Dewbak75

[3]Aug 11, 2010

kanniballl wrote:

Once again we get the wife (Tiffany Thiessen) on the green screen, I guess it's better than nothing. If she vanished completely for 1/2 or a whole season this early in the show, it would be awkward. 1/3 of the viewers would forget about her, 1/3 would wonder what's going on, and the last 1/3 (or less) would know that it was due to maternity leave.

She's talked in interviews about not being in New York with the rest of the cast for the early part of the season, I think she said she missed the first 6 episodes or so, meaning she should be back soon.

addiction01

[4]Aug 11, 2010
    • level: 5

Hilarie Burton did a great job playing Sara. I don't usually watch White Collar and when I do it's kind of boring but I thought this episode was really interesting and I would watch it again

anbis82

[5]Aug 11, 2010
    • level: 60

Dewbak75 wrote:

kanniballl wrote:

She's talked in interviews about not being in New York with the rest of the cast for the early part of the season, I think she said she missed the first 6 episodes or so, meaning she should be back soon.

I think her baby took a little longer to arrive than expected, so I don't think we can expect her full time before the fall finale (which is episode 9). But when she comes back, we will see even more than before, so that's a good thing .

The green screen scene don't look great, but I'm glad they use this way to keep Tiffany Thiessen around, like kanniballl said, you can't just leave a character out for about half a season without causing distraction. And Elizabeth is kind of Peter's back up, especially when it comes to Neal, so that makes her pretty important

haldrey

[6]Aug 12, 2010
    • level: 22
    Best action so far. I really enjoyed this episode.

blue_fish24

[7]Aug 21, 2010

I really enjoyed this episode. I actually don't mind Neal's grief over Kate. Last season I couldn't stand Kate, but now that she's dead, I find her very tolerable. I can't wait to hear what is on the recording from the plane. It will be interesting to see how Neil manages to get that in his hands again.

Kanniballl: Thank you for mentioning that Tiffany is on maternity leave. I didn't know that, and was worried they were trying to phase her out or something. I'm very glad that isn't the case, because I enjoy her character. I'm glad they managed to keep her in the episodes in this way rather than having her mysteriously absent for the entire season!

Also, I too was surprised Neil didn't think of how to fake the insurance agent's death, but now thinking about it, Neil has always insisted he is uncomfortable with guns. So he was probably too stressed out about being sent as a hit man to come up with anything!

Edited on 08/21/2010 8:52pm