White Collar Forums

Thursday 9:00 PM on USABetween Seasons

Discussion Thread: 2.07: Prisoner's Dilemma

anbis82

[1]Aug 24, 2010
    • level: 60

Please use this thread to discuss White Collar's new episode "Prisoner's Dilemma". From the USA Network Homepage: An FBI Agent is accused of selling witness locations during criminal trials, and the U.S. Marshals ask Peter and Neal for help tracking down the suspect.

Enjoy

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

kanniballl

[2]Aug 25, 2010
    • level: 18

I enjoyed it.

The boss took Neil to the show, that was nice.

The wife is back.

Moz had some good scenes, and his safe house was great. I had a feeling he was going to abandon it now that a Fed knew its location (not very safe anymore).

I wonder if the redeemed Fed is going to re-appear since he's now reinstated into White Collar crimes division.

anbis82

[3]Aug 25, 2010

Elizabeth and Satchmo were back ! I forgot how much I like those scenes between Mozzie and "Mrs. Suit".
    The safe house was, well, Mozzie-style. I absolutely loved it.

I was wondering about the redeemed Fed as well, but I don't think they would add another character like him right now. He doesn't really bring something new to the table. The boss's boss (Joe Morton) on the other hand: It was really nice that he took Neal to the exhibition. Sometimes I think Neal is like a child that got lost at some point and the Peter (and the FBI) take his hand to bring him back on track.
    Well, and then there is still the criminal in Neal at some points. He stole the key to his tracking anklet from the U.S. Marshal, that's not good. Two more episodes until the midseason finale, I see trouble

dif_frent

[4]Aug 25, 2010
    • level: 10

An absolutely fabulous episode, all about it. Think the best this season so far. I loved everything about it, but especially the Moz's safe house scene. Here are some quotations I am still laughing about as I am writing it:

Mi casa is "suit" casa.

Don't think it's my only safe house... I call it Tuesday. ~Why? ~Because I'm here usually on Wednesdays.

You have no idea what bringing you here is doing to my chi.

DreamCruise

[5]Aug 25, 2010
    • level: 13

I don't know. Was Elizabeth really back? 99% of the scenes with Peter looked like she had a stand-in....you couldn't see her face while he was talking, and vice-versa. I was convinced it was not her,except in the very last scene of their conversation she walked away then turned back to look at Peter and yes, it was her, but I wondered how they did that "trick photography", lol.

anbis82

[6]Aug 26, 2010

No, I disagree. That woman looked like Tiffani Thiessen to me. They often shoot dialogues that way, you only see the one talking or reacting. Look at the other conversations, it's the same. Otherwise it would be difficult to see the whole face of the one talking or listening. Also I think Tim DeKay is taller than Tiffani Thiessen, it would be difficult to get them both on the screen.

haldrey

[7]Aug 26, 2010
    • level: 22
    Fantastic episode, easily one of all times best. Liked the story and of course, Moz, my favorite character of the show. Guess we have to thank also Max Martini who I believe is the most active actor of an ended show (The Unit). He is all over the place as a guest actor (WC, Burn Notice, Dark Blue, CSI Miami, etc), he is getting more air time than when he was active in The Unit.

DreamCruise

[8]Aug 28, 2010
    • level: 13

anbis82 wrote:

No, I disagree. That woman looked like Tiffani Thiessen to me. They often shoot dialogues that way, you only see the one talking or reacting. Look at the other conversations, it's the same. Otherwise it would be difficult to see the whole face of the one talking or listening. Also I think Tim DeKay is taller than Tiffani Thiessen, it would be difficult to get them both on the screen.

LOL.........so much green screen stuff I"ve convinced myself it's not her. It will be nice to get back to the three of them (Peter, Elizabeth, Neal) discussing the latest case in the same room.

dif_frent

[9]Aug 28, 2010
    • level: 10

I feel both Elisabeth and Tiffani Thiessen were away in the previous episodes. I mean either she was on the phone and we couldn't see hear face or the scenes with her were shot in a different way from the rest of the movie. The light was different, the sharpness of the image was different. It looked as if a different cameramen and a different filming crew were shooting it. But in this episode I did not see anything "suspicious", so I think they are both back.

Edited on 08/28/2010 2:10pm