White Collar Forums

USA (ended 2014)

Discussion Thread: 2.09: Point Blank

SheWhoTangles

[21]Sep 8, 2010
    • level: 7
    Mozzie is paranoid enough to go somewhere prepared if he's meeting someone, so I'm holding on to the bulletproof vest with splatter packs. I thought he was meeting someone too; otherwise why would he leave Neil's place instead of wait to see what happened to him after calling Peter and warning him! That person knew to look for something on Mozzie, and he found it pretty quick. I'm hoping Mozzie just fainted after realizing he was actually shot at.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

krankie_frankie

[22]Sep 8, 2010
    • level: 11

I echo the posts in here, NOT MOZZIE!!!!!!!

Can't wait until January.

DreamCruise

[23]Sep 8, 2010
    • level: 13

You guys really have some good ideas on how Mozzie will stay alive....... I think the shooter sat down next to him and took the info Mozzie had.......but yes, why was Mozzie there in the first place ? I loved him talking to the squirrel..."I've got my eyes on you!"

Edited on 09/14/2010 8:30pm
    Edited 3 total times.

jaden84

[24]Sep 8, 2010
    • level: 8

Great ending to the summer finale, didn't see that ending coming at all. I was like NOOOOO not Mozzie, not Mozzie!!! I hope he survives. I can't see this show without Mozzie.

SheWhoTangles wrote:
    Mozzie is paranoid enough to go somewhere prepared if he's meeting someone, so I'm holding on to the bulletproof vest with splatter packs. I thought he was meeting someone too; otherwise why would he leave Neil's place instead of wait to see what happened to him after calling Peter and warning him! That person knew to look for something on Mozzie, and he found it pretty quick. I'm hoping Mozzie just fainted after realizing he was actually shot at.

God I hope he has a vest with blood packs. I hope they got to him in time before he was shot and its just the writers way of messing with us.

UltraTraveler

[25]Sep 8, 2010
    • level: 9
    LovesZiva wrote:

MOZZIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why?!?!!??!?!

He's the funniest character in the show. I'm gonna boycott the show if Mozzie is dead, jj.

haldrey

[26]Sep 8, 2010
    • level: 22
    krankie_frankie wrote:

I echo the posts in here, NOT MOZZIE!!!!!!!

Can't wait until January.

Looks like I got in late but I second that, not my favorite and funniest character of the show!

SheWhoTangles

[27]Sep 9, 2010
    DanielRichards0 is the one that came up with that magnificent scenario with the bloodpacks. I cried my eyes out I was so upset with the ending of the show. Daniel's suggestion is the only way I've been able to sleep and I'm clinging to it. I believe the writers want to be sure we all tune back in in January, agony of waiting though! Arg!

saraVaio

[28]Sep 10, 2010
    • level: 9

MOZZZZIE NOOOOOO ! Cry

I really like his charatcer I hope he doesnt die . He is one of the best characters on the show I can't imagine White Collar without Peter , Neal or Mozzie . Also I like Sharif Atkins' character he's cool .

I like this episode so much , it was like a rollcoaster . I loved seeing the weak/sad/disturbed side of Neal . I like that fact we are getting more in depth with the characters specially Mozzie and Neal .

OmG I can't for like 4 months to find out Mozzie's fate !!!

anbis82

[29]Sep 10, 2010
    • level: 60

DanielRichards0 wrote:
    StaffInfection wrote:

Great episode, but I really hope that's not the end of Mozzie.

same thoughts here, but when you think about it Mozzie is paranoid enough to be wearing a bulletproof vest with splatter packs just incase someone came after him. Either way here's to hoping he is still wiyh us when the show returns.

Interesting theory. Personally I think it's a little farfetched that he does not only wear a vest, but that this vest has splatter packs. On the other hand, Mozzie is really paranoid, and the writers love to make us think things that turn out to be not what they looked like: Diana hiding the music box, Peter waiting for Kate in the hotel room. So why not ...

Either way, I'm convinced we haven't seen the last of Mozzie!

@saraVaio I'm right there with you, can't wait either !

rekuci

[30]Sep 10, 2010
    • level: 5

NOOOOOOOOOOO NOT MOZZIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Cry He must live, he muuuuust!Yell

HeatherGrace1

[31]Sep 14, 2010
    • level: 2
    There's always the option that he gets an ambulance just in time and goes to the hospital in critical condition. Lol, maybe that's too simple though. I'm not a show writer. They cannot kill him though, besides the fact that he's a great comedic character, I don't think Neal would stay sane losing him so quickly after Kate's death. It's just a little too much to pile up on any man. They won't kill off Mozzie. It would do terrible things to the show and they know it.

DreamCruise

[32]Sep 14, 2010

HeatherGrace1 wrote:
    They won't kill off Mozzie. It would do terrible things to the show and they know it.
    Perfectly stated Smile

Edited on 09/14/2010 8:31pm

Artad

[33]Sep 15, 2010
    My guess... they got to Mozzie (by phone), arranged the bulletproof vest so that they can follow the shooter back to whoever hired Fowler.

dif_frent

[34]Sep 18, 2010
    • level: 11

Great episode!

I can't imagine what writing Mozzie off will do to my inner chi.

Edited on 09/18/2010 7:08am
    Edited 2 total times.

DanielRichards0

[35]Sep 19, 2010
    anbis82 wrote:

DanielRichards0 wrote:
    StaffInfection wrote:

Great episode, but I really hope that's not the end of Mozzie.

same thoughts here, but when you think about it Mozzie is paranoid enough to be wearing a bulletproof vest with splatter packs just incase someone came after him. Either way here's to hoping he is still wiyh us when the show returns.

Interesting theory. Personally I think it's a little farfetched that he does not only wear a vest, but that this vest has splatter packs. On the other hand, Mozzie is really paranoid, and the writers love to make us think things that turn out to be not what they looked like: Diana hiding the music box, Peter waiting for Kate in the hotel room. So why not ...

Either way, I'm convinced we haven't seen the last of Mozzie!

@saraVaio I'm right there with you, can't wait either !

I didn't think of it before but now that you mentioned it a bulletproof vest with splatter packs for Mozzie is far more believable then Peter with the ring meeting Kate scene.

DanielRichards0

[36]Sep 19, 2010

But I do have to ask are all the USA shows written by the same people or are all there writters as unoriginal as the next, cause the 3 USA shows I watch all ended with a major character getting shot, is this the only cliffhanger they can come up with?

anbis82

[37]Sep 19, 2010
    • level: 60

How can you think that !
    No, you have a point, I was actually watching the Psych Summer Finale and wondering who was gonna get shot there (by the way: no one ).

To answer your question: No, every show has its own writing team. I would call this a coincidence. Shooting people in a finale is not that unusual. The showrunners want to make sure that the viewer comes back when the show returns after several weeks of absence. If we made a list with all the shows that used death or maybe deaths in finales, we would have a pretty large list . Is there a better way than leave the life of a major character in the balance? Maybe, but it's still a pretty good way. Look at the comments in this thread, almost everybody says: No, not Mozzie! They can't kill him. And I'm confident we will sit in front of the tv next January to see what happened.

bkkcitiboi

[38]Sep 21, 2010

NOOO!!!!! NOT MOZZIE........... He is one of my favourite characters in White Collar!

DreamCruise

[39]Sep 22, 2010

I just rented the first season of White Collar and am noticing things I either didn't pay attention to or never saw/heard the first time.....none of them matter in the plot or final outcome but they fill in spots that were a bit murky. Also, I never even saw the pilot so that episode was fun to watch.

We all know Mozzie will be ok (right?), the big question is, will it be a normal explanation (hospital) or another one of his clever tricks? A previous poster brought up a good question.....why was Mozzie sitting on a bench outside when he thought / knew Neal was in trouble? Seems odd........ perhaps he was trying to lure the shooter away from Neal, and used himself as bait.....in which case the splatter pacs would be the way to go Laughing

Edited on 09/22/2010 3:23pm
    Edited 2 total times.

darnee86

[40]Oct 20, 2010
    • level: 1

MOOOZZZZZIIIIEEEEE!!!! Being from England are tv networks are only just beginning to show WC so i had to download it just reached the break in season 2 PLEASE my american friends tell me mozzie survives the show will suffer without him.