White Collar Forums

Thursday 9:00 PM on USABetween Seasons

Discussion Thread: 2.16 Under the Radar (possible spoilers)

anbis82

[1]Mar 7, 2011
    • level: 60

Time for the second season finale! Enjoy !

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

kanniballl

[2]Mar 9, 2011
    • level: 18

I enjoyed it.

I wonder if Neal did plan that, or if someone like Mozzie or Alex did it without telling him.

The note on the business card (with the key) almost implies he was in the dark until just then.

His final words to Peter were ambiguous: either he was implying that he did it or he was hurt and angry that his friend didn't believe him.

Outside ofMozzieand Alex, the only real possibility is Kate. But unless there was an escape tunnel under the plane I don't see how she could survive.

Edited on 03/09/2011 5:41am

kent6650

[3]Mar 9, 2011
    • level: 3
    Same here, I was thinking of either Kate or Alex too but my suspicions is more on Kate though. I can't wait for the third season.

raziela12

[4]Mar 9, 2011
    • level: 9

Well the note at the end said " You'll thank me" or something like that. So I guess this implies it wasn't Neals plan.

I really hope they don't plan to bring Kate back to live, that would really suck, as it would just be a cheap way to continue this whole mystery.

But it almost seems like it, because the only other probable candidates, who could be behind this masterplan and who we already know, would be Mozzie or Alex. Mozzie wouldn't know how to find the warehouse, and Alex wouldn't give the treasure to Neal.

But at least we can already guess in which general direction the next season is going... Restarting the whole mistrust-ordeal...

[lunatic rant]

On another note, what really pisses me off is the ignorance of American Show-writers towards foreign languagues.

Did anyone read what they wrote on the TNT?

"Gefabrlicher Exploeavstoff" THIS AREN'T EVEN REAL WORDS!!! I guess they were going for "dangerous explosives" which would have been:

"Gefaehrlicher Sprengstoff" ... I really dont know how they come up with this **** even the google Translator returns the correct term, and that would have been a matter of 10 seconds "research"..

But well, thats just something that generally ticks me off, its one thing when the actors are too dumb to pronounce one sentence correctly, but it would be nice if they at least get the written stuff right. ( If anyone remembers 24s last season, when Jack Bauer talks German, you could read in a dozen comments on this site how good anyone thought he delivered it. Well not even native german retards talk like that... ) But I guess half the actors wouldn't even find Europe, let alone Germany on a map...

[\lunatic rant]

Edited on 03/09/2011 6:56am

LovesZiva

[5]Mar 9, 2011
    • level: 5

The insurance lady could have done it. She did have access to Neal's place to take the painting........

Is it summer yet?

Edited on 03/09/2011 7:53am

aislingxireland

[6]Mar 9, 2011
    • level: 8

yeah agree with the comments above but the way neal siad prove it makes me a little suspicious....

oh and also gets me thinking,if neal still has his anklet on that records where he is at all time then Peter can easily track down the location of the goods after neal goes to the warehouse, unless neal never got the ankelet back on after he was made to take it off but like thats a big mistake made by peter who is supose to be one of the best FBI agents so still not sure on that one

anyways loved the ep and loved the little shocker at the end even more bring on season 3!!! to bad theres going to be a long wait

Edited on 03/09/2011 10:11am
    Edited 3 total times.

valtigre

[7]Mar 9, 2011
    • level: 3
    I really hope Neil was in on it as that would be soo cool! I think the most likely suspects are Mozzy and Alex though since they are the ones who knew about the paintings Neil was making, although and they both had plenty of time over the night to replace the originals...I cant wait for season 3! I wish it was summer already

Kijkbuis

[8]Mar 9, 2011
    • level: 1

raziela12 wrote:

[lunatic rant]

On another note, what really pisses me off is the ignorance of American Show-writers towards foreign languagues.

Did anyone read what they wrote on the TNT?

"Gefabrlicher Exploeavstoff" THIS AREN'T EVEN REAL WORDS!!! I guess they were going for "dangerous explosives" which would have been:

"Gefaehrlicher Sprengstoff" ... I really dont know how they come up with this **** even the google Translator returns the correct term, and that would have been a matter of 10 seconds "research"..

[\lunatic rant]

I noticed it too: complete and utter nonsense! It's not the screen writers that are to blame, but the set dresser or the prop buyer: the 'dynamite' as used is sold online, by a company called 'replicaguns'.

(http://replicaguns.secure-mall.com/shop/images/Inert,-German-Dynamite-bundle---7123-120.JPG)

Funny thing is you can distinguish the text 'inert' (not working) on them!

Other text should read GEFĂ„HRLICHER EXPLOSIVSTOFF. The translation of 'Halten sie trocken' –keep dry– is hilarious and should read "TROCKEN LAGERN".

Another goof by the set dresser: of both bundles the fuses aren't connected to any wires! *LOL*

Edited on 03/09/2011 4:49pm

Slash_out

[9]Mar 9, 2011
    Neal wasn't on it.
    The way the card is worded, the expression he had when he recieved the key, the one he had when he went to the warehouse or when he realised he had it all just proves it.
    Not to mention, why would he go to the warehouse that was suposed to blow up? He couldn't have known Adler would be there to "aim a gun at him" so why get close to a building that's about to blow up? If it's to take the suspicion off him (which he didn't have any at the moment) by making Adler point a gun at him why would he risk his life like that anyway?

Anyway, the ending was really well done.
    I just hope Kate doesn't come back. I like Sarah better and this would just mess things up.
    The likelyhood that it's Kate is high though. If she survived the explosion (which doesn't make sense because the plane had one exist that was in full view of Peter) it would be logical that she would pay Adler back for what he did to her, or try to.
    And that she would try to stay hidden by just leaving a note instead of showing herself, that is if she wants people to still believe she is dead.

Well I just hope it's not her, but welll?? who are we kidding... the "faking death" thing is a classic in shows like this.

MareaHosien

[10]Mar 9, 2011
    • level: 4

OMG I watched it online, it was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good! I can't believe its the season finale though!! I don't want to wait until summer!!!@!!

In regards to Raziela12's comment: I too hate it when they don't even bother spelling or pronouncingforeignwords properly. It's annoying.

In regards to LoveZiva's comment: I think it is possible that the insurance lady ( can't remember her name) did it, but i think it is unlikely. She being 'the insurance lady', it just wouldn't fit well. But it could be possible.

In regards to Aislingxireland's comment: Who knows? Maybe Neil never put his anklet back on, maybe the forgot about it completely, though it is unlikely. IF he did do it, it is possible for him to have his anklet on and still do it without there being a record. (Not exactly sure how, but what I've learned from this show is that anything is possible.)

Myopinionon the matter of who stole the art: I honestly with no doubt in my mind believe that Kate is not dead. Plan and simple, i don't know how she would of escaped the explosion, but I know/hope she did. IF that turns out to be true ( that shes alive) then she is my second pick as to who might of stolen the art. I DO NOT believe Mozzy took it. The thing between Neil an Mozzy is just too tight. He wouldn't of been able to do ALL that, with out Neil knowing. It just doesn't make sense! Alex on the other hand could. She is my third pick. She would of been able to figure out where the warehouse was. She could of figured out how get it all out. And she could of stolen the painting Neil did ( from his room in June's house). There are manypossibilitiesas to who could of take them.

Finally my first pick would be someone we have not met yet. I think this is the most likely scenario. I have NOOOO CLUE who it could be, but its my best choice.

Also: I CAN NOT BELIEVE THAT NEIL WOULD DO IT. It just does not work. after two seasons of getting to know him, I do not think he would do it. I understand that many people seem to be suspicious over the fact that hecontinuouslyyelled 'Prove it then' at Peter, but I think this is reason enough to NOT believe he did it. The way I saw it is that of all things he could say (this being if heactuallydid do it) he said 'prove it'. He told Peter to go ahead and try! Do you not find that at all odd? If he did do it wouldn't he try to deny it? Shouldn't he? Wouldn't he think of something more logical to say? Like 'what the heck are you thinking?' or something? On top of that, the look on his face when the building blow up. It just screams: 'OMG!! I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT JUST HAPPENED!>!>?!' He had the same look on his face up until he left the warehouse area. ANDFINALLY : What about the card and key? Why in the hell would they waste the time to make that scene and air it and everything, if he did it? What the card said justimpliedthat he DID NOT DO IT! (unless of course he had someone else move it, but didn't know where they moved it)

So all in all, my finally opinion is that anybody could of done it. Very simple, and it took me like three hundread words to sum up everything going in my mind.

(Sorry i wrote so much, I started and just didn't notice how much i was writing)

raziela12

[11]Mar 10, 2011

Kijkbuis wrote:

Funny thing is you can distinguish the text 'inert' (not working) on them!

Other text should read GEFĂ„HRLICHER EXPLOSIVSTOFF. The translation of 'Halten sie trocken' –keep dry– is hilarious and should read "TROCKEN LAGERN".

Another goof by the set dresser: of both bundles the fuses aren't connected to any wires! *LOL*

Well yes, the "Halten sie trocken" isn't exactly right either, but thats something I might be willing to look over, because well they might have written a phrase like that, back in the day, at least these are actual words.

btw it's amazing you found that website. I can't believe it, there's not a single "german"-tagged item on that site they got right.

If you don't mind my asking, are you American or German? I'm just amazed that someone else noticed this after all.

haldrey

[12]Mar 10, 2011
    • level: 22

Not of Neal's doing but nice booty anyway. And now the long wait.

Edited on 03/10/2011 8:02pm

DreamCruise

[13]Mar 10, 2011
    • level: 13

Without having watched the ep yet I see posts about Kate possibly still being alive? Maybe it was not Kate in the plane in the first place....a double perhaps? Now I gotta go watch and see what the talk is about Laughing

ilee1990

[14]Mar 11, 2011
    • level: 10

DreamCruise wrote:

Without having watched the ep yet I see posts about Kate possibly still being alive? Maybe it was not Kate in the plane in the first place....a double perhaps? Now I gotta go watch and see what the talk is about Laughing

Kate is dead. The producers have already said that numerous times. Some fans just don't want to let go of Kate. There is nothing to lead anyone to believe that she is alive.

jkpop_07

[15]Mar 13, 2011
    What a truly fantastic ep! That last shot of Neal discovering the treasure and that little smile was epic! I think Kate is dead. I would be disappointed if its revealed that Kates alive and she's the one who wrote that note. I think it was Mozzie. I hope it was Mozzie.

xcookiemostax

[16]Mar 14, 2011
    • level: 1

ilee1990 wrote:

Kate is dead. The producers have already said that numerous times. Some fans just don't want to let go of Kate. There is nothing to lead anyone to believe that she is alive.

Ok, now you're making me mad , lol. I thought killing her was a complete cop out.

Board Room: How should we end this storyline?

Average Writer: I know I know, the cliche, let's kill her!

I would have preferred to be Kate, because all the girls are boring me know. All of a sudden cool Sara went Barbie on me with her over emotional attachement to Neal. Alex, well I'm never liked her because girls always chasing guys is redunant. I liked that Neal was chasing Kate. Season 1 was my fave because of the mystery. It seemed Kate was a real grey area for Neal where right could be wrong and wrong right. I love it when the depths of characters are explored. I loved it from the prison scene in the pilot. Alas, good things must come to an end. Now, I'm not really grabbed by the storylines. If the Alder angle became weak.

But I get it the writers have said their peace. It's better otherwise I would have continued watching expecting her to come back. Now that her returning episode is confirmed I can just tune in for that. I watch tooo much TV anyway, Fringe,Nikita, Grey's,TVD, Bones. I hope they confirm when her episode is like they did in S2 I seriously cannot miss it, her eyes are so intense.

dif_frent

[17]Mar 14, 2011
    Such a fantastic ending to the (half?) season! Such a riddle in the last episode. So may possibilities. Great story line. But do not forget the excellent acting.All actors just stand out. The romance was played beautifly, getting in love, denying being in love, jealousy, hurt feelings, and the hope for the future that it is not over. Don't make it over, scripwriters. Sara and Neal are just incredible, playing this way. So much chemistry between them. I think the only actress I have seen play that well was Naomi Watts. Hilarie Burton, great job! An filming and camera work, excellent too.

slyron

[18]Mar 15, 2011
    • level: 4
    do you guys even think of one possibility? The owner of the house where Neal live. June!! Well, we should have all known of her past as a conman criminal wife. Why dont you all think that is June who find someone else to do it and give Neal what he want. Afterall, June is well-connected and she know everything about Neal.

SheWhoTangles

[19]Mar 18, 2011
    • level: 7

I don't think Neal did it or he wouldn't have challenged Peter to find the proof. Neal likes his new life; He wasn't out to restart his life of crime. He's said in the last two episodes he was all tapped out, nothing left from those days. I can see Mozzie helping Alex to resupply him with 'funding possibilities.' I don't think after what happened there was time to put the ankle on, and I don't think that Neal would run. He's had it off before and returned to get it put back on.

I am hoping that Kate is permanently removed the show/script. She was only a shadow until the episode she was killed really, but Neal's passion to find her showed what he was made of when it came to people he cared about. He had Peter and Mozzie and Sara now; Kate served her purpose.

I love the new romance for Neal with Sara, and that she's a strong female character who's not unaware of his charms or faults. They are in history opposites, so I think that will add lots of things to toy with in solving cases, including the missing sister of Sara. I want to see the relationship grow. Lots of passion there to spice things up too!

Looking forward to seeing what's next!

Edited on 03/23/2011 1:48pm