White Collar Forums

USA (ended 2014)

Discussion Thread: 3.01 On Guard

anbis82

[1]May 28, 2011
    • level: 60

Wow, it feels like it took forever for the new season to arrive. Just a little more than a week now, hope you'll enjoy the new episodes, starting on Tuesday, June 7 !

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

GrubeRSU

[2]Jun 7, 2011
    • level: 6

Yeh it does feel like ages, but on the upside it starts tonite Season 3 of White Collar....

Synopsis on ep as follows:

Despite their new arisen trust issues, Neal and Peter have to work together to catch a thief who took his stash out of the Federal Reserve.

Hopefully they dont become enemies again, becasue that would really *ukn suck bigtime.....

anbis82

[3]Jun 7, 2011

No, they wouldn't do that to us . Though I'm pretty curious how they will get through it.

carlejeune

[4]Jun 8, 2011

I was excited that they decided to help Peter capture the bad guy and not take off with the loot thinking they would be a team again...and then that kicker...not sure i am going to be liking this season as much

kanniballl

[5]Jun 8, 2011
    • level: 18

A decent episode.

I liked Mozz, he's always my favorite character on the show. Leaving a type-written note just seemed very "Mozz." Plus he's a loyal pal to not just run off with that much loot on his own, a different kind of con man wouldn't let Neal even know he took it. He's a true friend if there ever was one.

OnePerCentClub

[6]Jun 8, 2011
    • level: 35
    Isn't summer TV more fun than fall TV these days?

Yes, because shows like Burn Notice, Haven, Royal Pains, Drop Dead Diva and of course White Collar make it more fun.

I don't think that Neal and Pete will become enemies. Neal will be a total ungrateful if he did that; Peter has given a lot for him.

Something will happen... something that will make Neal reconsider. Happy this show is back!

anbis82

[7]Jun 9, 2011

Summer TV is definitely more fun , and I add Eureka, Weeds and Leverage to that list (and whatever show I forgot about right now).

Neal seemed reluctant to just disappear with Mozzie, I guess that means there is hope .

GrubeRSU

[8]Jun 9, 2011

i knew that Mozzie left the note because if we remember from the second last episode of season 2 Mozzie said that he owe Neal big-time one day......I am guessing Sara, Neal's new squeeze will av something to do the loot in the next few episodes....and i think Peter will find out that Neal knows something about the stolen art....what do u guys and gals think?

haldrey

[9]Jun 9, 2011
    • level: 22
    Summer is here, although summer seasons are shorter I am beginning to like more summer TV than fall TV. There are less cancellations of summer shows and it is good to welcome good friends back. White Collar is one of those friends and the premiere was just fantastic. It was even great to see a bit more of Neal con side.

SheWhoTangles

[10]Jun 11, 2011
    • level: 7

I finally got a chance to sit down and watch the first new episode!

Wow! What a dilemma for Neal. The thrill-loving art thief in him was there wide-eyed and excited, but the new Neal is struggling with it all. He and Mozzie were living the White Whale moment, but Neal wasn't as fully in the moment even then when he finally got the scoop and that little mystery was solved. It's obvious he doesn't want to betray the friendship or trust he has in Peter.

I agree Neal really didn't look like he wanted to leave, and he really didn't hesitate to toss aside the escape plan to save the life of someone he thinks of as a friend. Gave a perfect excuse to put it all on hold while a new Neal conscience tries to deal with it all. And this mess is going to really try his friendship with Peter. Will it cost him the new girlfriend, I wonder. She really seems to like the bad boy side of him, but she is who she is.

I love how all the characters in this show are constantly pushed to move in a direction that challenges who they in characters. Not as excited about the start of the summer run, but only because I'm afraid of Neal losing it all.

jkpop_07

[11]Jun 11, 2011
    • level: 5
    This episode was brillant! Welcome back White Collar! I've missed you! I especially loved the Kardashians comment! Other parts of this ep I loved was Neal's mind being occupied by something other than Kate! I agree with the other posters that Neal seemed to not want to leave just yet and the strain of trust on Neal and Peter's friendship is adds a great tension to this season!

anbis82

[12]Jun 11, 2011

The Kardashian comment was Willie Garson adlipping (from Jeff Eastin's twitterfeed)