White Collar Forums

Thursday 9:00 PM on USABetween Seasons

Discussion Thread: 3.07 Taking Account (possible Spoilers)

anbis82

[1]Jul 19, 2011
    • level: 60

Please discuss tonight's new episode here. Enjoy!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Jemadari

[2]Jul 20, 2011
    • level: 12

For once I thoroughly enjoyed an episode beginning to end

Sara's character got some depth, she showed that she can have fun breaking the law and maintain some resemblance of her moral compass and the foundation was laid to show that she actually cares about Neal but at the end of the day he breaks the law for sport and she subverts it as a means to an end,though I still question the necessity of her character in the series

Once again Mozz showed that he is a crook first and foremost, the "send out the handsome one" scene was just funny and I liked that Mozz got to flex his criminal repertoire instead of just being a con man they showed that he can be as polished as the best of them

one thing I did take issue with, even someone with a basic understanding of the black hat community which Jones more than possessed would have known better than to connect that flashdrive to a computer with a network connection

saphire382

[3]Jul 20, 2011
    • level: 5

I will say this again Neal is no longer a con man. He deliberately used a password sara would find. what with all the questions he was asking her, he wanted her to know about the hidden treasures. Granted, we dont know the name on the passport sara found. All the careless clues he is leaving lying around is ridiculous unless he is playing a con. Sara moving in to the apartment might be another way of slowing the progress of their escape.

Neal is torn between his 'friendship with Peter', his relationship with sara and his friendship with mozzie. If not he would hav disappeared with the treasures a long time ago instead of wanting to remain in New york

Mozzie was quick to destroy any thing that will hold him back. If neal keeps behaving this way, Mozzie might leave without him

I dont think sara will turn him in, she might steal the treasure from them

Slash_out

[4]Jul 20, 2011
    • level: 5

Awesome episode. Just awesome. The ending, with the music, and the discussions, was magnificient.

I don't think Neal is running a con on Sarah. He just doesn't know he is messing up. It's subconscious but it's not messing up enough so that anyone would find.
    Sarah is smart. She does not miss the clues, just like Peter.

He is torn between his new life and old life though. As mentioned before, his questioning of Sarah is proof enough. But he wanted to bring her in so much that he was about to tell it all to her. But in the end, he respected her enough as to not force her in and compromise her honest life... forever.

I believe her presence is necessary though. Not in all episodes, even though I always welcome her (I love the actress and she just plays the role so well) but in the general plot she is needed. Right now it's statu quos between Neal and Peter. Peter is trying to catch Neal, and Neal is trying to avoid being caught. Neither knows completly what the other knows.
    Peter has the incomplete list of items stolen, and Neal is trying to find it so that he can sell the rest. It's the list that force Neal to remain with Peter (even if he wants to continue this life style) because he must not sell anything on it.
    And in the middle of this, there is Sarah. She knows Neal's secret now. If something starts moving in any direction, I'd say she will be the caralyst.

Ps: The passport Sarah found was the one Neal recieved just before. So we know the name, it's Victor Moreau. Morreau being the last name of his previous girlfriend "Kate Moreau".
    Ps 2: If anything Mazzie is loyal to Neal. He could already have left without telling anything to Neal about the treasure. And yet he chose to share it with him, while he is the top suspect. I believe it means that Neal is more important to him than the treasure.
    His goal is the "dream". The best con pulled with him and neal together. And live the rest of their life rich. So I highly doubt mazzie would leave without him.

Edited on 07/20/2011 4:54pm

Edward_Nigma

[5]Jul 20, 2011
    • level: 54
    I agree, great episode. And I guess I didn't think about Neal actually wanting Sara to know about his plan...but now that you guys point that out, I see it. He's definitely not like Moz, he's much more tied to his new life...it'll be interesting to see how this all plays out!

kanniballl

[6]Jul 21, 2011
    • level: 18

saphire382 wrote:

I will say this again Neal is no longer a con man. He deliberately used a password sara would find. what with all the questions he was asking her, he wanted her to know about the hidden treasures. Granted, we dont know the name on the passport sara found. All the careless clues he is leaving lying around is ridiculous unless he is playing a con. Sara moving in to the apartment might be another way of slowing the progress of their escape.

Neal is torn between his 'friendship with Peter', his relationship with sara and his friendship with mozzie. If not he would hav disappeared with the treasures a long time ago instead of wanting to remain in New york

Mozzie was quick to destroy any thing that will hold him back. If neal keeps behaving this way, Mozzie might leave without him

I dont think sara will turn him in, she might steal the treasure from them

It wasn't that he used a password she could "guess," she used the same trick he did earlier in the episode and watch the reflection. In his case it was a gold-plated guitar. Hhe was about to reveal EVERYTHING to her and only realized it was a mistake until after he logged in. He thought she'd be kosher with everything, in which case who cares if she knows the webcam password.

That being said, it is leaning towards Neil wanting to straighten out. Mozzie is getting annoyed with him at this point, from Mozzie's point of view they should've made it to the beach a while ago and started their lives as the uber-rich. Instead they're stuck in NY with Neil

I agree that Mozzie might leave without him, or at least try. As much of a friend as he is to Neil, he's been getting quite annoyed and I don't blame him.

haldrey

[7]Jul 21, 2011
    • level: 22
    The best episode of the season so far. As to Moz leaving Neal I think that will not happen, they have a too deep bond.

Windtorn_au

[8]Jun 11, 2012
    • level: 7

I realised that this episode played awhile ago, but thought someone might have an idea as to who the artist was that performed the Claire de Lune rendition as Mozzie was about to get lucky?