White Collar Forums

USA (ended 2014)

Discussion Thread: 3.09 On the Fence (possible Spoilers)

anbis82

[1]Aug 2, 2011
    • level: 60

Please use this thread to discuss tonight's new episode. Enjoy !

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

mattgus

[2]Aug 3, 2011
    • level: 14
    good ep. i always get anxious when it looks like neil will get caught,even thou that is what the whole story is about. do people want neil to go good?...if he were not always up to something he could go to jail for,it would be stories about he and peter crime fighting. would that be enough? eventually you would think peter will have to find out and it will "break his heart"as keller said...but how does neil stay out of jail and be more than just a liar and a criminal???

kanniballl

[3]Aug 3, 2011
    • level: 18

It was a good episode.

Moz crossed a line, perhaps not a first for him since we only know a little of his back-story. But in terms of his partnership with Neil it wasn't good. Neil prided himself on not needing violence to deal with stuff and it was one of the main things between him and his arch nemesis. And here we have Moz putting a hot out on someone.

THEN we have the fact that Moz is none-too-thrilled that Neil lied to him. Neil's best bet at keeping things together would be to say something like "I know if I told you about the list, we'd be gone the next day and I wanted to give my girlfriend a couple of more days to bring her to our side." Unfortunately he didn't say anything whne Moz called him on it.

So on both sides of the fence, that friendship is on life support.

blackmage8472

[4]Aug 3, 2011
    • level: 15

kanniballl wrote:

So on both sides of the fence, that friendship is on life support.

I was kinda curious if they'd ever have a Neal v. Mozzie issue over the treasure. As much as they trust each other, they each know the other is a good liar. And when what starts as a small lie and a desperate act come together in a violate act...

Neal may feel somewhat betrayed by Mozzie putting a hit out on Keller but ultimately part of his reason was to protect Neal. On the other hand, Neal's lie suggests that if push comes to shove Neal might choose Peter over Mozzie... which Mozzie might see as the ultimate act of betrayal.

anbis82

[5]Aug 3, 2011
    • level: 60

They can't separate Neal and Mozzie! That would be even worse than a Peter and Neal falling out. But that showed a pretty dark side of Mozzie this episode, didn't know he had it in him, he looks so harmless. Well, they need to get over it, quickly .

Anyone else not that pleased with Eliza Dushku's appearance? The character didn't seem natural at all... everytime I see her I think she overacts.

Jemadari

[6]Aug 3, 2011
    • level: 12

Once again Mozz shines, I for one love that they're not only developing but also keeping his character true to nature,Neal is charming,crafty and resourceful so he can afford to be a gentlemen crook.

This season we learn that Mozz is an expert hacker who got into a beef with the mob as a kid and the guy is no casanova so it stands to reason that his experiences in the criminal world have been considerably different than Neal's and it's not the least bit surprising that he has the means and willingness to take out a hit on someone and though I wasn't cool with him explaining himself to Neal(he doesn't work for the guy) I did like that he stopped caring and focused on the bigger issue the second he learned Neal lied to him about he list

I liked the season at the mob restaurant when Neal was fleeing and said FBI raid

dif_frent

[7]Aug 4, 2011
    • level: 10
    An excellent episode, and promises so much to come.

haldrey

[8]Aug 5, 2011
    • level: 22
    Who is Neal without the con's, nobody. I do not think that there is anyone that wants Neal to turn good. It is like a Dexter without the blood. Moz did cross the line but I guess that is what will give us the season finale.

SlidingKat

[9]Aug 6, 2011
    • level: 5
    Neal's charming gentleman behavior while conning people to get what he wants is the same whether he is committing criminal cons or not. I, for one, would definitely rather watch Neal finish his sentence living the life he is now then spend the rest of his life running and looking over his shoulder. What's the point when in another couple years he could legitimately do all the traveling he wanted and it could be explained away the same way the apartment and clothes were. Moz went to far forcing the need to run on Neal when he knew he was having hesitation.

I enjoy the added tension between him and Peter, because I really don't care for Peter. However it really stretches my suspension of disbelief to think Neal would actually be stupid enough to run.