White Collar Forums

Thursday 9:00 PM on USABetween Seasons

Discussion Thread: 3.12 Upper West Side Story (possible spoilers)

anbis82

[1]Jan 23, 2012
    • level: 60

Please discuss tomorrow's new episode here. Enjoy!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

blackmage8472

[2]Jan 25, 2012
    • level: 15

Overall I liked the episode, it had the typical fun of most White Collar episodes and it was funny to watch Mozzie get the vicarious thrill of helping the little guy get the girl. However it did reinforce something that keeps coming up, the relative ease to which Peter forgives Neal. I'm well aware that Peter has to know that he's playing with fire when it comes with Neal overall... but it seems like every time Neal does truly cross the line it only takes an episode to repair the problem.

I don't know, maybe I just miss that added element of the Peter/Neal relationship.

Sp3kkie

[3]Jan 25, 2012
    • level: 7

It looks like he forgives Neal very easy. But I don't think that's a fact. I mean, I doubt if it wasn't for his wife he could maybe have told them everything. The thing that in my opinion got him over the edge is what Neal said to the girl (while he didn't knew that Peter was listening). Also that he not only wanted to solve the case but also was willing to HELP a boy without any benifits for him.

I think you have to consider we are in the third season now and Peter now understand that Neal realizes he wants to be there. He likes the people in his life and he still can use his skills in a way. In that way its a bid like Leverage (kind of illegal stuff for a good goal). Maybe even to Person of Interest. Also illegal to save people, only there they don't really scam.

This episode was cool, I liked the kids. And I liked to see the girl (who plays Jade in Victorious) in a totally different role. Totally different subject, yes I watch that too, its pretty funny sometimes and the songs are kind of catchy. But back to White Collar. Probably the best thing about this show is the casting.

I mean, Neal is perfect as the conman. Mozzie is a guy who looks like people easily underestimate him but always has a good plan. I (and I think you would too) would believe that Peter is a FBI-agent if it was real. And even his wife Elizabeth is very well played. So is believable as a wife who can handle herself (like last week) and always stands behind her man, and in the same time tries to show him the good in people. When I watch her, there is no hint of Kelly she played in Saved by the Bell (the hot girl) or I believe it was Billy in Fastlane (hot girl/ boss). Here she is notnecessarilyhot (for me thats more like sexy), but beautifull, I think the later is a more classy woman.

But enough with the other seriesreferences, THIS show is AWESOME!

Jemadari

[4]Jan 25, 2012
    • level: 12

A factotum is better than an amanuensis, just sayin'

I agree the the Peter/Neal relationship is becoming a bit formulaic and there wasn't nearly enough of a rift between Neal/Peter and Neal/Mozzie after recent events, for a network that prides itself on it's characters there isn't much to them

yea Neal bent a few rules and broke a few laws in his search for Kate and his attempts to cover his and mozzie's six on the art theft but the closest I can remember to his breaking a law for the sheer sake of being a crook was during the episode when he went to the underground poker tournament and kept 100k of the money and on that i'm not entirely sure a law was even broken, which Peter confronted him about with a smile on his face

I guess what i'm saying is, his newfound desire to be Joe Taxpayer would be more of a character development if all of his previous crimes hadn't been a part of some noble quest to get the girl then avenge the girl and for my money his was never really into the art theft

Parting thought, Victorious!?, really? now ICarly I can understand

Sp3kkie

[5]Jan 26, 2012

Haha, sometimes I see that too, but for some kind of (strange) reason I liked Victorious better. Maybe its also because of the girls (and their age). I don't know. Everyone has his flaws.Innocent

BrancaLilaO

[6]Jan 27, 2012
    • level: 2

I like the episode but there´s something that I don´t understand, why use an actor from another show?

There is no other young actor to do that?

Sp3kkie

[7]Jan 28, 2012

I don't see what the problem is in that? So for quest roles they should hireunfamiliaractors?

anbis82

[8]Jan 28, 2012
    • level: 60

There ist the casting call and the most suitable one will get the role.

I really enjoyed the episode, Neal was some damn hot teacher ... I'm not too sad about reconciling him and Peter so fast, I love the show mostly because of this relationship and breaking it would be a huge loss.