White Collar Forums

Thursday 9:00 PM on USABetween Seasons

Hilarie Burton a series regular next season?

Dewbak75

[1]Feb 8, 2011
    • level: 18

That's what's happening according to E! Online, at least:

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_with_kristin/b224868_one_tree_hill_star_becomes_white_collar.html

I for one think it could be a great move. I think she fits in very well with the rest of the cast. I still like Alex better than Sarah, though.

My only real question is what reasoning they're going to use to have Sarah around all the time. She's an insurance investigator, not an FBI Agent. Will she quit the insurance biz and join Peter's task force? Will her primary role be as Neal's girlfriend? I trust them to find a sound reason for her sticking around though, they've earned that.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

blackmage8472

[2]Feb 11, 2011
    • level: 15

Dewbak75 wrote:

My only real question is what reasoning they're going to use to have Sarah around all the time. She's an insurance investigator, not an FBI Agent. Will she quit the insurance biz and join Peter's task force? Will her primary role be as Neal's girlfriend? I trust them to find a sound reason for her sticking around though, they've earned that.

Sarah's character is interesting, but something about her bugs me. You don't go from relentlessly hunting down someone (who's bounty can bring in 7 figures) to being his best friend just because he's willing to go to the ends of the Earth to avenge his gf's death. I think she's playing the long con on Neal. That gives her plenty of a storyline on its own.

Dewbak75

[3]Feb 12, 2011
    • level: 18

I'm not so sure she's trying to run game on Neal. I think it's entirely possible that she originally thought of Neal as nothing more than a non-violent sociopath with no motives except ego and greed. And once she learned about what happened to Kate, she started to see more in Neal. Besides, she's not trying to collect a bounty on HIM, just on a painting he stole. She gets the money if the painting is found, it doesn't matter if she can prove Neal took it. I'm still convinced that sometime in the future, especially if she & Neal get closer, Neal will end up "arranging" for her to get the painting back, in a way that won't expose him to any civil liability(we already know he was acquitted of stealing it, so he can't face criminal charges). It seems like the sort of thing he might do, and the Laws Of Storytelling(c.f. "Chekov's Gun") say that the stolen painting will make an appearance at some point.

blackmage8472

[4]Feb 12, 2011

Well I think the Rafael is definitely a future story, or at least it's in the writers minds. And from the flashback episode we know Neal did in fact steal it. But I still think Sarah is just as interested in taking down Neal as she is collecting the bounty for the painting. Odds are she thinks Neal is involved in another case she's on.

HeatherGrace1

[5]Feb 13, 2011
    • level: 2
    I don't really like Sarah, but if she's going to be a regular I guess I'd better get used to her. Maybe she'll get more likable. I didn't like Alex at first, but I really got fond of her later.

Roro_wastintime

[6]Jul 18, 2011
    • level: 3
    I hate sara, want Alex BACK!!!

blackmage8472

[7]Jul 31, 2011

Roro_wastintime wrote:
    I hate sara, want Alex BACK!!!

The rumors I'm reading say that if Eliza Dushku is a hit in the next episode then the writers will be open to making her into part of the regular cast.

bkto

[8]Aug 31, 2011
    • level: 7
    ya'll are insane. though alex was nothing to thumb ones nose at, sarah is a little slice of heaven. she is wonderful.. i almost even started watching one tree hill, but the first six episodes was wayy too cmm heavy and far too little Hilarie Burton.

bkto

[9]Aug 31, 2011
    although i didn't know at the time that she had a child out of wedlock with a man almost twice her age

luv2live

[10]Apr 19, 2012
    • level: 14
    I have to say, not a huge fan of Sarah. She's too all over the place; from wanting to track Neal and find that painting to falling for him and dating him. I say bring back Alex; she's liked him for who he is and doesn't appear to be all over the place. Plus I think they have great chemistry. I'm just not a fan of Hilarie Burton in this show.

Yaspaa

[11]May 29, 2012
    • level: 78
    Nice to see her in something worth watching.

naldro

[12]Jun 14, 2012
    • level: 30

I kinda like her. And who knows, if Neal is ever gets free, maybe he can work with Sara. It's known that insurance companies hire ex-cons to work as investigators.

djboy77

[13]Aug 8, 2012

Looks like she's dropped out of the opening titles for season 4. As of 4.03, they haven't mentioned where she's gone. During season 3, she appeared in the title sequence even if she wasn't in the episode.

Edited on 08/08/2012 5:23am

anbis82

[14]Aug 15, 2012
    • level: 60

Yes, Hilarie Burton is back to guest stars which makes sense since she broke up with Neal.