White Collar Forums

Thursday 9:00 PM on USAIn Season

Kate

basicallybusted

[1]Feb 7, 2010
    • level: 1
    Is it wrong that the only possible way this character could be even glacingly interesting to me is if she actually is playing Neal. I really like Neal and I don't want him to be heart-broken for the sake of watching Bomer hit one out of the park acting-wise. But...if Kate is actually the perfect, loving girlfriend who only wants to protect Neal and get back to him...how boring and cliche. I supect this is the route the show will go and I'll grit my teeth and try to like her but, really, I'm getting tired of the patient-Penelope archetype. I think Evil Kate would be so much more interesting.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

doggiewolfclaw

[2]Feb 7, 2010
    • level: 3
    To some extent, I agree. Kate breaking Neal's heart would cement his relationship with Peter being the only person he believes he can trust. It can also lead to some very interesting scenes, but I wonder where they'll go for the main storyline once the Kate plot is over and done with. I hope they'll be one episode that focuses on how Neal got caught in the first place. I'm very curious and would love to hear that story

MediaOffline

[3]Mar 4, 2010
    • level: 4

All we have seen of Kate this far have done a horrible job at explaining Neils connection to her... She just seems dull to me. On the other hand I really like Kathy, the girl he's planning to steal the music box with, I think they have great chemistry! So if I was Neil I'd give up on Kate - who I don't think is who he think she is - and go for Kathy instead... just quit pining and whining and start living a little Neil!

DreamCruise

[4]Mar 4, 2010
    • level: 13

MediaOffline wrote:

All we have seen of Kate this far have done a horrible job at explaining Neils connection to her... She just seems dull to me.

Agree, and I really don't think she likes Neil any more, if she ever did to begin with. I vote to 86 her...........

anbis82

[5]Mar 7, 2010
    • level: 60

MediaOffline wrote:

All we have seen of Kate this far have done a horrible job at explaining Neils connection to her... She just seems dull to me. On the other hand I really like Kathy, the girl he's planning to steal the music box with, I think they have great chemistry! So if I was Neil I'd give up on Kate - who I don't think is who he think she is - and go for Kathy instead... just quit pining and whining and start living a little Neil!

The girl Neal plans to steal the music box with is actually named Alex, not Kathy ... I think a problem with Neal and Kate's relationship is that we never really saw them together. Except for phone calls, they never interacted. I really like Alex though and hope she stays around for a while longer...

mattgus

[6]Mar 8, 2010
    • level: 14
    at 1st i thought peter's wife and kate looked too much alike,now i can't remember what she looked like...we are lead to believe she is bad..so???maybe not. but if not,then is it the long quest over and over...we would need to know more,have seen more of them together to make that effective i think...but either way the stories and peter his wife bomer and the side-kick are far and away good enough to keep me interested right now..sinister is always more entertaining...they will want to keep us quessing for as long as they can...keeps us comming back...

darkwingcat

[7]Mar 18, 2010
    • level: 2

basicallybusted wrote:
    I think Evil Kate would be so much more interesting.

ITA. She's around so little and when she is onscreen, I don't see any chemistry with Neal at all. If she's actually the evil figure twirling her evil mustache in the dark, then it makes sense. (And yes, I've seen episode 14.) Then again, I'd be equally happy if she never showed up again.