White Collar Forums

Thursday 9:00 PM on USABetween Seasons

what the hell?!?!

chayne77

[1]Dec 4, 2009
    • level: 4
    Anyone not like the surprise ending on Free Fall? Not sure I like what I saw at the end of the episode! What do you guys all think?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

milkhaswings

[2]Dec 4, 2009
    • level: 13
    I'm very wary of it, mostly because they've completely changed Peter's character all of a sudden and there were no clues whatsoever to it...but I'll wait to pass judgement until after I actually see where they're going with it. If Peter did indeed take Kate, what is it that he wants so bad? There's just so many questions now...twin brother, anyone?

It was extremely effective though, and that's always good I suppose.
    I mean, I'll definitely be watching when it returns.

chloeemily

[3]Dec 5, 2009
    • level: 6
    I'm thinking Kate is trying to set up Neal and Peter has found her first. Can't see TPTB destroying the buddy premise which is the foundation of the show. Not sure though. I'll definitely be watching in January!

BorisJungmann

[4]Dec 5, 2009

When Neal found out that someone from the FBI had Kate I thought about the possibility that it could be Peter. At first I thought that it could be an interesting twist...

but now that it seems to be the truth I don't like the idea that much anymore...

Nice Peter being a bad guy? Agent Fowler (?) being the good guy? Noooo

I just hope that it is some double or triple or whatever kind of play by Peter who has proven more than once that despite his sometimes naive behaviour he is a very smart man and knows better what is going on around him than others (mostly Neal) think he does...

But of course that could also mean that Peter would be able to trick Neal. If they are really going with the "Peter was the one who had Kate-Storyline" maybe in the end it even turns out that Neal is a bad guy and Peter and the FBI need something from him and didn't find another way to get it than to trick him BIG time...

aaaaaah I don't know....

kittychan86

[5]Dec 5, 2009
    • level: 46
    trying to get into the mind of the writers is no easy task! they totally got me with the reveal. i thought that peter was too obvious to be the fbi guy.. so the red herring that they gave with fowler really worked! but with what they are going to do with this situation, i think im just gonna take it as it comes... sometimes its just better that way. have some faith in the writers and that their vision is going to turn out a hell of a lot better than anything i can think of.

jan 19th cant come soon enough!

NathanielSouthw

[6]Dec 5, 2009
    • level: 2
    I actually started swearing at the screen. Jesus Christ! Thing is, a friend had said earlier on that it's gonna be Peter but i liked him too much to believe it was him intially and the thing is, even though Peter seems to be behind it all i still can't hate him!

elainecleo

[8]Dec 5, 2009
    • level: 9
    I was also, saying "what is going on", I do like the twin brother idea, please don't let it be Peter. BTW I can not find who the actor is that plays Kate. Have even looked on USA.

gigaslayerx

[9]Dec 5, 2009

**SPOILER** (just in case)

I just guessing, but i want to put split personality disorder out there

maryshine

[10]Dec 5, 2009

After I saw it the first time I wasn't happy. Yet the idea of Peter being evil really grew on me the second time I watched it. Agent Fowler kind of grew on me the second time around. I actually hope they go through with this idea. It would be great to have the agent turn bad while the con man turnes good.

I'm not sure Kate is all that innocent. Ooo, if Peter is bad than maybe Elizabeth and Neil will eventually get together....interesting.

In short, good work writters!

ezkim0x

[11]Dec 5, 2009
    • level: 2
    I'm pretty pissed off honestly.

regardless of what's going to happen.. rather they're making Peter a bad guy or using kate as leverage to trick Neal into finding out were the loot is. I don't like either option.

I'd rather it be something not linked to Peter

BorisJungmann

[12]Dec 5, 2009

I was also thinking... if the man in the chair at the end IS Peter... what is up with the ring... He never wore it before... we only saw it on the picture od Kate with the hand on her shoulder and in the end of the episode.

So does he only wear it when he does "evil" things?

Maybe Peter is a Con-Man too with the perfect cover as an FBI Agent... like the father of Matt Damons charakter in Oceans 13.

And because Peter is such a good Con-Artist he is also so good at catching others.

But to be honest I hope they don't twist out of the twist as easy as saying "oh its just a twin" and the split personality would be a bit strange... and anyway don't different personalities usually have different names? Though I only base my knowledge about "Dissociative identity disorder" on "Me, Myself and Irene"

blackmage8472

[13]Dec 5, 2009
    • level: 15
    I rarely get to say this about a show any more... woah. Can't wait to see how they play this one out.

maladroitmortal

[14]Dec 5, 2009
    Yes that is exactly what i was thinking! The ring has been a clue all along, why would Peter only wear it at certain times (ie, interacting with Kate)? Does anyone know what is on the ring?

aislingxireland

[15]Dec 5, 2009
    • level: 8

thought it was such a weird twist at the end.

peter must be one hell of an actor to pull this of from his wife and Neill and the FBI.okay nobody is that good !!! or our they ??

look all i know is that im officially hooked until January and i cant wait.i think the twist was a deadly idea i just hope there going somewhere with it.

Edited on 12/05/2009 4:18pm

emma5000

[16]Dec 5, 2009
    • level: 33
    When they said it were somebody from the FBI holding Kate, I actually thought that it might be Peter, but that doesn't mean I like it, because so far, Peter's been my favourite character and I really think, Peter and Neal are great together. Let's hope there's a good explanation for this and Peter doesn't get to be the bad guy, because that would be pretty far fetched ....

UltraTraveler

[17]Dec 5, 2009
    It was a twist to see Peter to be the man who wears the ring.
    The ring is like a split personality of his.
    I'd guess either he is a man with criminal secrets hiding in FBI, or Kate has set this up for Peter to play.

But by the info from Interpol, this mysterious man seems to be infamous... the first possibility comes closer... that Peter may be a man of two faces with many secrets. Then I don't know where this drama is supposedly heading.

Gilmoreism

[18]Dec 5, 2009
    • level: 37
    I'm gonna give it a chance, but if Peter really is a bad guy it feels like a Jump the Shark moment for me. It really is just messing with the dynamic of the show.

praeda

[19]Dec 5, 2009
    • level: 10
    The way Kate has been acting is ridiculous; there's no way she's as naive as the things she's been saying to Neal. I think she's the one who's trying to get the stash. She's definitely not going to turn out to be totally innocent.

tryptz

[20]Dec 5, 2009
    • level: 13

am starting to dislike this show. its so unbelievable the corny sillyass phone calls to not trust anyone etc. plzzzzzzz

and Peter as the ?bad guy'exasperated'