White Collar

Hard Sell

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM Jan 19, 2010 on USA

6.9
  • Neal goes undercover for the FBI as a day trader to try and take down some stock executives that are running scams. Peter is dragged in as well playing a pharmaceutical CEO that wants in on his cut of the cash. Lots of questionable twist and turns.

If I had one major complaint with this episode it is that there were too many things going wrong that all of the characters seemed to bail themselves out of in original, but seemingly stupid ways. Too describe these many transgressions would be to give away too much of the plot. Take my word for it.

Otherwise I found this an action packed, complicated, and entertaining episode. Neal is forced to think on his feet and trust Peter. Peter is forced to do the same and trust Neal. All of this can't be too bad based on what Neal thinks Peter is up to and Peter thinks Neal is up to.

We always knew Neal could think on his feet, but I must admit Peter is starting to make me think that these guys are very much equals. When he finally reveals what is really going on overall and Neal reveals back what he knows, the two of them are pretty much in sync with each other. The key is trust.

We'll see where this all takes them in the next episode which looks like it could really be exciting. I am a little disappointed to see the scoring for this show as far as the individual episodes go. There are either a lot of people who don't like the show who are watching it or there are a lot of people giving it low scores without viewing the it. Either way, I wonder what parts of the shows they are watching or not watching that I am. This is one of USA's most engaging shows overall. Thanks for reading...
  • Great episode! I don't understand why the ratings were so low; this was one of my favorite episodes so far.

I thought this episode cleverly brought everything together from the shocking cliffhanger back in December (Free Fall). I had no idea how they would explain the cliffhanger, without totally changing the story and completely destroying the bond between Neal and Peter, but they did and it was credible.

I also enjoyed the plot, and especially seeing Neal at his best- conning people! He is definitely good at his game. I hope Peter and Neal go undercover together more often. I like watching how they play off each other. They are a good team and I hope the writers continue with building their relationship.