White Collar

Vital Signs

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM Feb 02, 2010 on USA

• Awesome episode! This show is quickly becoming one of my favorites. I love watching the chemistry between all of the actors, and the relationship between each of them as it continues to grow.

I especially enjoy seeing the bond strengthen between Peter and Neal. I was really surprised to hear Neal say that, out of all the people in his life (including Mozzie and Kate), Peter was the only one he trusted. Peter must be really special indeed to be able to earn such trust- and so quickly! Mozzie has been by Neal's side for a long time, helping him when he was a criminal and now helping him do good as well, and Neal is willing to sacrifice everything for Kate. Yet he doesn't trust either of them as much as he trusts Peter- the one who put him in prison! That is the beauty of this show- that such an unlikely pair could form such a friendship, and to make it so believable! Somehow, it just works.

I especially enjoyed this episode for several reasons. First of all, I found it hilarious! I laughed from beginning to end. I about died when Elizabeth started cracking up when she found that Peter had flirted with another woman. She looked like she was going to cry, but then she started dying laughing! I also loved Mozzie playing insane so he and Neal could get into the clinic. And the whole part with Peter rescuing Neal from the clinic, dragging him down the hallway and trying to keep him from singing was just priceless! I thought all of the actors were dead-on this week. I also enjoyed the creative plot, especially when they finally devised a plan to bring down Dr. Powell in the end. They did it "legally", I assume, but they skirted the line so closely it's difficult to say for sure! Their plan was unconventional indeed, and something they probably never would have thought of without Neal's help. I would have rated this episode a perfect "10," but I took off 1/2 a point for the small errors/inconsistencies. For example, how did Neal know Peter's fax number if Peter never used it and didn't even know it was still plugged in? And the size of the needle on the syringe the nurse used on Neal?? Obviously used for visual effect, but a needle that size would have gone right through his arm! Maybe I'm just being picky, but I notice these things!

In the end it was an all-round great episode: fantastic acting, brilliant writing, and an entertaining story. It all just comes together perfectly!

I especially enjoyed this episode for several reasons. First of all, I found it hilarious! I laughed from beginning to end. I about died when Elizabeth started cracking up when she found that Peter had flirted with another woman. She looked like she was going to cry, but then she started dying laughing! I also loved Mozzie playing insane so he and Neal could get into the clinic. And the whole part with Peter rescuing Neal from the clinic, dragging him down the hallway and trying to keep him from singing was just priceless! I thought all of the actors were dead-on this week! I also enjoyed the creative plot, especially when they finally devised a plan to bring down Dr. Powell in the end. They did it "legally", I assume, but they skirted the line so closely it's difficult to say for sure! Their plan was unconventional indeed, and something they probably never would have thought of without Neal's help. I would have rated this episode a perfect "10," but I took off 1/2 a point for the small errors/inconsistencies. For example, how did Neal know Peter's fax number if Peter never used it and didn't even know it was still plugged in? And the size of the needle on the syringe the nurse used on Neal?? Obviously used for visual effect, but a needle that size would have gone right through his arm! Maybe I'm just being picky, but I notice these things!

• The episode that shows the actors' shinning talents

Neal was wonderful as ever, and mozz really came through in his apparent psychotic break. Peter shows that he is as loyal to his friends as he is to his job. All the relationships really demonstrated how far they had developed since the first episode. But the best character by far this episode was Elizabeth. She can sometimes come in as a minor character, playing second fiddle to the men, but this one she stole the show. When she finds a woman's number in peter's jacket she looks concerned and we all know what would happen next. Overly suspicious, jealous, and fighting that he would make up for at the end of it. BUT NO! She looks like she's going to cry, which draws the eye rolls and then turns to laughing! She laughs at the thought of her husband flirting!!! This is the first time i've seen a woman not go into a raving mess and jumping to conclusions. This was the highlighted scene for the episode. Elizabeth was brilliant no doubt about. LAUGHING! It isn't until later when she finds out he was touching the woman that she gets worried and a little peeved. This is more understandable than the way most would take it. Seriously Tiffani is fabulous and playing with the top dogs.

I hope she gets more wonderful opportunities in the future
  • When Neal comes across an organ donor scam he alerts Peter and the two start working on it with Mozzie's help. June, Neal's benefactor who owns the house he stays in has a granddaughter who needs a kidney and they become targets of this scam.

You gotta love Peter under cover! He has magic hands. The look on Elizabeth's face when the woman mentioned that on the phone was priceless. Matter of fact, Peter's look was even better!

In some ways Neal is really good for Peter. He seems a little like a stuffed shirt in that he doesn't even know he's not having any fun. The fact that Neal trusts him when he trusts no one else has got to mean a lot to Peter. Neal is a special person with great skills and to earn someone like that's trust is a great thing. The chemistry between the two actors and their characters is actually getting better and better.

The interesting thing about their relationship is the fact that Neal will take risks that Peter can't. They never would have brought this guy down under normal circumstances. It was actually fun to see them run the scam and get the bad guy in the end. I will say Neal gets a little to cocky for his own good at times. I guess that creates some tension though.

Nice timing and excellent writing. The acting was superb and the twists delightful. An entertaining story all the way around. Thanks for reading...
CLOO