White Collar

Where There's a Will

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM Jun 14, 2011 on USA

7.4
  • I was very disappointed. I am talking about the plot surrounding Neal's heist.

Of course only the writers know where they are taking the show. But I have a bad feeling, as I am sure a lot do, that the show is going towards Neal being setup by that female agent…Matthews, I think that's her name. That is so stupid and obvious, I really hope not! Neal definitely has doubts about what Peter is trying to do. And he suspects Peter is after him. So, when this stranger shows up (the female agent), the genius Neal doesn't even suspect that she might know who he is and Peter might be trying to set him up?

All I am saying is that several episodes from now I don't want to be "surprised" to find out that:

a) Jones intentionally told Neal that Matthews is hard to get (Peter's instructions)

b) Matthews intentionally told Neal about the list, to gain his trust and to catch him when he panics.

c) And that Neal comes out of his tube light moment and realizes that Peter might have been setting him up with Matthews' help.

I realize this is a TV series and not a movie. If this is movie, I would have trashed it. There is only so much they can do with a series. But at a minimum, I still expect Neal to be somewhat intelligent. Not Neal the first grader. After all, this show revolves around probably the most brilliant white collar criminal out there. Even if this Matthews character is telling the truth, Neal obviously shouldn't trust every single word out of her mouth. I mean, Neal has no idea what Peter is up to. Yet…oh, whatever.
CBS