Who Do You Think You Are? Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on TLCIn Season

Where All The Fan's For ( Who Do You Think You Are ) ?????????

KSC76

[1]Mar 26, 2010
    • level: 7

Tongue out I have enjoyed every episode so far this is A very educational series on how to trace your family tree & allot of surprises for all the celebrities guest who are on the series. Tonight episode was about Matthew,Brodrick. To see how all of these famous people react to see who there related to brings tears to your eyes its sad & its happy all in A one hour episode its great thank-you Lisa,Kudrow for bring this series to NBC .

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

IndianaMom

[3]Apr 7, 2010
    • level: 54
    I've seen a few episodes and enjoyed them. However, I get tired of all the recapping and the obligatory scene where the star is walking on a field/seashore/whatever contemplating what he or she has learned. I think it's great if this gets people to look into their genealogy, but it's too bad the rest of us won't have access to the same experts the stars do.

KSC76

[4]Apr 9, 2010
    • level: 7
    I agree with you 250% it would be nice if we all had there money & could do the same thing.

lxl3indxl

[5]May 3, 2010
    • level: 1

Honestly, majority of society really could care less about they're family tree and who they maybe related to. You may think that is sad, but I personally am one who could care less because my heritage does not make me who I am! Example, my last name is French, but it has been Americanized and is now pronounced nothing as it was originally meant to sound by my whole immediate family. I have a 95% chance of never visiting France and a 99.9% chance of never learning French. I've had people with the same last name as mine try to become friends with me on Facebook, but whats to say they even have any remote relation to me anyhow. Which brings me to the point that just because you find people to add to you're family tree, doesn't mean they actually belong on it. Knowing the color of you're skin is all you really need to know to know you!

Food for thought: I'm Agnostic/Atheist, but by my understandings, we're all products of Adam and Eve. Does this not mean everyone falls under everyones tree then??

Writerpatrick

[6]May 16, 2010
    • level: 13

The fans for this sort of show are not the sort that tend to be heavily online. It's the type of stuff that is more interesting to middle-aged and older viewers. I already have a fairly good idea of my family tree.

The show also started late in the season and it's probably gone unnoticed by many who wanted to watch it. It would have been better as a summer show. I often found myself having to catch up.

The show has been renewed by NBC for the fall. (Their new lineup just came out today.) They're pairing it with a new show called School Pride which will air after WDYTYA finishes it's run.