Did you ever see a millionaire winner?

llppoo33

[1]Jan 4, 2006
    • level: 9
    I saw two! one was named Kevin something, and the other guy, I forgot....
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

wheelrchair

[2]Jan 8, 2006
    • level: 15
    I thought it only happened once.

pokemonlover908

[3]Jan 8, 2006
    • level: 40
    I saw John Carpenter win it easily!

Maseratidude

[4]Jan 10, 2006
    • level: 2
    I remember the last question for two millionares:

What is the letter that appears on the license on all civilian aircraft in the U.S.?

A.N
    B.Q
    C. L
    D.R
    It was A, "N". He got it right. Yay!

Next one:

What insect inspired the term "computer bug" after ruining a supercomputer in the 50's?

A.Moth
    B.Fly
    C. Water beetle
    D. Cockroach
    It was again A, "Moth", and again he got it right! My question is, was there ever a woman millionare?

Maseratidude

[5]Jan 10, 2006
    • level: 2
    It wasn't the same guy win the second question of course.

llppoo33

[6]Jan 16, 2006
    • level: 9
    I think I saw only one million dollar winner female, but i'm not sure

Master65

[7]Feb 3, 2006
    • level: 1
    Yeah, I saw 1 winner.

n5d25d90

[8]Feb 26, 2006
    • level: 8
    Yea, I saw a few. I saw the first one ever! I don't remember his name, but I believe he was an IRS guy....

BeAgLe_bOy234

[9]Mar 17, 2006
    • level: 1
    nope,i haven't seen ONE!!!not one!!!
    Edited on 03/17/2006 7:19pm

mrpotato531

[10]Apr 2, 2006
    I saw John Carpenter on 11/19/99! My family jumped in celebration that nite when he won. I was only like 14 or 15 at the time. I also saw many other millionaire winners, but not all of them.

nauseated1389

[11]Apr 8, 2006
    • level: 4
    Yeah, the first guy who ever won used his last lifeline to call his parents and tell them he was going to win a million, i think that he was some computer guy and his name was Kevin, but I really don't know for certain.

GuyluvsGod

[12]Apr 28, 2006
    llppoo33 wrote:
    I saw two! one was named Kevin something, and the other guy, I forgot....

I did, but it was a rerun on GSN and I forget the guy's name and all.

mactv_1986

[13]May 17, 2006
    • level: 10

I've only seen one millionaire winner, the guy that answered the question about the term "Computer Bug"

Edited on 05/17/2006 10:57pm

ghostrc

[14]May 27, 2006
    • level: 4
    I saw 1 million dollar question but he didn't answer it, he left with half a million. The question was:

What country are the MLB baseballs made?
    A. Coasta Rica
    B.Haiti
    C.Dominican Republic
    D. Cuba

The answer was Coasta Rica but he didn't answer it

geoellis2

[15]Jun 8, 2006
    • level: 38

ghostrc wrote:
    I saw 1 million dollar question but he didn't answer it, he left with half a million. The question was:

What country are the MLB baseballs made?
    A. Coasta Rica
    B.Haiti
    C.Dominican Republic
    D. Cuba

The answer was Coasta Rica but he didn't answer it

And he said he would have answered Dominican Republic.

gguirao

[16]Jun 11, 2006
    • level: 23
    I saw about ten. My favorite was when the guy called his dad just to tell him he was about to become a millionaire.

MetalSmasher86

[17]Jun 15, 2006
    • level: 18
    I have seen all of the millionaires in action, and here's a summary of each one:

I saw John Carpenter's big win with his question about a U.S. President on Laugh-In (Richard Nixon). It was unbelievable to see how knowledgable the guy was to get throught he entire game without using a single lifeline. Calling his dad just to tell him he was going to win was a classic moment.

I also saw our second millionaire, Dan Blonsky, win with his question about Earth's distance from the sun (93 million miles). I knew the answer to that question, too! He had a truly great phone-a-friend who helped him through his $500,000 question in order to win the big prize.

Joe Trela's big win was a moment that inspired my Millionaire philosophy, even if you have the slightest idea, go for it. He must have debated 5 minutes before coming up with his winning answer of a moth inspiring the term "computer bug", but he pulled it out and won the $1,000,000.

Bob House had a rather easy question for his $1,000,000 question about which of four men didn't have a chemical element named after him (Isaac Newton). He was kind of a funny guy ("That check doesn't say Sheila, right?"), and he deserved the cash.

Kim Hunt was probably the big winner who agonized the most to get his $1,000,000. He had to use both of his lifelines to pull through his $500,000 question about who dubbed the singing voice for Eliza Doolittle (Marni Nixon). Then came the big 7-figure question about a landlocked country entirely enclosed within another country (Lesotho). I had that answer narrowed down to two (Lesotho or Burkina Faso), and it was really exciting to see Kim go for it despite not being 100% sure. Only reinforces my philosophy (if you have the slightest idea, go for it).

David Goodman, I think, should be considered the next John Carpenter since he got up to the $1,000,000 question with all 3 lifelines intact and then blew them all just for the heck of it on his question about where Paddington bear was originally from (Peru). First, he used the 50:50, which left Peru and Iceland. Then he asked the audience, and it came out with Peru at 57%, Iceland at 42%, and 1% for answer C, which was eliminated by the 50:50! Then, his phone-a-friend was 100% sure about his answer of Peru, and then he decided to go for it and won the big bucks. But I think he knew the answer when the question came up, since he said, "Well, since I've got it, I think I'll ask the audience."

Since David Goodman's big win, the show has gone 118 shows until its next big winner, Kevin Olmstead. At that time, they had a progressive jackpot going that went up $10,000 for every show it was not won. But frankly, I would have added the last contestant's winnings to the jackpot for the next contestant. But anyway, one day, the Jackpot went up to $2,180,000 before Kevin Olmstead took it all away on a question about the inventor of the first mass-produced helicopter (Igor Sikorsky). I noticed him hyperventilating a little bit and then he immediately answered and took home the biggest prize in the history of American gameshows!

Since then, the jackpot has ended and the prize went back to $1,000,000. Just a couple days later after Kevin took home the big prize, Bernie Cullen followed it up with a $1,000,000 win on a question about what letter is at the beginning of non-military aircraft registration numbers (N). He had it down to two, but the 50:50 eliminated one of those two, which helped him reach his final answer of N and a cool million bucks.

Our next millionaire was Ed Toutant. He was on one of the progressive Jackpot shows. It was up to $1,860,000 when he got into the hot seat, but an unfair question made the show staff bring him back to the show. So they reset the jackpot to $1,860,000 for his comeback, and then he took that prize away on a question about what was in the first commercial aerosol cans during WWII (Insecticide). With the help of his 50:50 he was able to pull out the answer to win the big prize.

Ed was the last big winner on the Regis shows. But on the syndicated shows, Kevin Smith took the first syndicated big prize on a question about the occupation of Samuel Wilson, the namesake of our U.S. icon Uncle Sam, during the War of 1812 (meat inspector). It seemed like he knew the answer right from the start. He was not only our first syndicated millionaire, he was also our first visually impaired millionaire. That's why Meredith had to repeat the question before he gave his final answer.

Then, also on the syndicated shows, we had our first female Millionaire. She went by the name of Nancy Christy. She kind of made a gamble on her $500,000 question, but she knew the answer to her $1,000,000 question straight from the start. She knew that the farmer in the American Gothic painting was artist Grant Wood's dentist, netting her the big prize.

We then had a million-dollar winner on Super Millionaire. It wasn't the top prize at that time (it was $10,000,000), but it was still a million-dollar win nonetheless. He went by the name Robert "Bob-O" Essig. His question was about scientists and the human eye (I don't remember the question exactly, but that was the gist of it). He used his last lifeline, Double Dip, to get his answer. But sadly, he didn't need the Double Dip because his first answer was the right one. He then walked away from his $2,500,000 question because he was out of lifelines and he didn't know the restaurant Jimmy Hoffa was last seen at before he disappeared. Still a dramatic moment nonetheless.

It's always exciting to see someone win the big prize, so I hope we see some more millionaires on the syndicated series.

Deputy_Minister

[18]Jul 9, 2006
    • level: 3
    I have never seen a million winner, but probly the sadest and funniest moment i ever saw was some ansewer there fith question wrong, walking away with $0.

im_charmed

[19]Jul 21, 2006
    • level: 7
    Ya, i saw one. I don't remember any thing about it though.

Deputy_Minister

[20]Aug 4, 2006
    • level: 3
    i just almost saw one again, but i was a minute to late. grr