Friday 8:30 PM on The CW

The CW has renewed the recently relaunched improv comedy series Whose Line Is It Anyway? for a 24-episode second season. Ratings-wise, the show surprised pretty much everyone when it debuted to 2.9 million viewers on The CW earlier this month, earning the honor of being the network's most watched unscripted series premiere in six years. It makes sense that C-dubs wants to keep it around. 

“We have wanted to bring comedy back to The CW for a long time," network president Mark Pedowitz said in a statement. He is, of course, referring to the time that's passed since Gossip Girl ended and now.

Hosted by Aisha Tyler, the "new" Whose Line stars returning veterans Ryan Stiles, Colin Mochrie, and Wayne Brady, who, along with a special guest—I'm holding out hope for the triumphant return of Nashville's Charles "Chip" Esten—act out various scenarios prompted by audience members. A premiere date and time for Season 2 will be announced at a later, uh, date and time.

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 7/20/2016

Season 12 : Episode 8

Next Episode

AIRS ON 7/27/2016

Season 12 : Episode 9

54 Comments
Comments (54)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I agree with a lot of people that I'd like to see more audience participation and less with the celebs (although it is fine on occasion, but not too often). I'd also like to see some of the other old games return too (like "Let's Make a Date"). Another thing I also would like to see more improvers
too.
Flag
Great show but Aisha has to go. The show is carrying her along. Find a funnier host. Looking forward to season 2!
Flag
some points that need fixing badly:
1. Audience interaction
2. play these games: infomarcial, sound effects, mission impossible, let's make a date, party quirks (and make the sideway scene more rare please it gotten tiresome it's pretty much like an overused gadget)
3. bring greg proops / chip esten once in a while if possible (especially greg!)

other then that i wish drew would come on the show or maybe some other host, aisha is too overexcited about everything and not funny in my taste.
Flag
Lookee here! I make a suggestion and I get results! Not the title I suggested, but close.
Flag
Great news. Love that there are new players in the mix and Aisha's starting to loosen up a bit as the host. Would like to see more Greg, Brad or Chip(assuming he's not ben killed off of Nashville) back on. Also, I want to request a WLIIA community. We could call it The Posts Don't Matter.
Flag
Swap the celebrities with audience members and it would be instantly better. Maybe remove the Sideways Scene (which is funny, yet predictable) in favor of one of the older, proven improvs as well.
Flag
Just how famous have these guys become? Do they do other work too, or are only remembered as performers at Whose Line Is It Anyway? I think they are great, but don't get the recognition they deserve.
Flag
Hopefully in the second season they will calm down with guest stars and do more audience participation.
Flag
I've never seen Hart of Dixie, but for the first time I really laughed during the Celebrity Guest spots. Wilson Bethel was great! He was a shiny example of how having a celebrity guest could be fun if they choose the right people with the right skits.
Flag
Is it really good and worth a watch?
Flag
I like the fact that Colin, Wayne and Ryan are still doing the show.
Flag
Yes! This is great news!
Flag
I have no problem with this.
Flag
YAY! Stitches in my side every single time, so I am beyond ecstatic to hear this news!!
Flag
Holy Shit... Awesome news !!!!!!!!!!!!
Flag
YES YES YES
Flag
yayyayaya!
Flag
Loved the original and this one (Even though it's not quite the same) as well!.
Flag
More good news! :D WLIIA is still great fun to watch, even with the new guest stars and host. I do hope Jeff, Brad, Greg & Chip will all return as guest stars now and then, and hopefully the show will last more than 2 seasons.
Flag
I'd had enough the last time, but it's still good now, so good for them. Ryan, Wayne and Colin still got it.
Flag
Oh yeah, and the bit with the girl from TVD was pretty funny.
Flag
The show's been great! So far the rotating 4th player has been very good. Even the young actors they bring on for a couple of games have been really good. Aisha is doing fine.
Flag
Great, cause this reboot is awesome!
Flag
No response?
Flag
Yay! Now I can continue to watch more than just the Richard Simmons episode I've had saved on my DVR for years! I didn't realize just how much I missed it until they brought it back.
Flag
Wow, how did you manage to keep that copy for so long? ;)
Flag
Caught it on a rerun once and we've had the same DVR box since then haha.
Flag
Ah. I know it is on YouTube as well. ;)
Flag
What a great episode!
Flag
I hope he comes back again!
Flag
I still haven't checked this version of the show like I was planning to. I did love the show back then, so I'm glad to hear it has done well enough to be renewed.
Flag
Season 2, riggghhhhttt. More like season 11 or something.

Anyway, I'm a bit surprised that a new season has been announced so early.
Flag
I assume that it will go for 12 weeks in the summer, 2 episodes per week? Please keep it in the summer!
Flag
Love it! I couldn't believe my ears when I heard that a network was doing something as cool as bringing Whose Line back. Now they've done it again!
Flag
"He is, of course, referring to the time between when Gossip Girl was canceled and now." Hahahaha
Flag
Yay! I was afraid that it wasn't going to be as funny, but its the same as ever... which is a good thing! really glad its sticking around
Flag
Nice to read this, I have been wondering for a few weeks now if the show is still as funny as it used to be..
Flag
YAY!
Flag
There are so few comedies on during the summer - i hope it stays in the same timeslot
Flag
The CW has been making some solid decisions of late. Interesting.
Flag
“We have wanted to bring comedy back to The CW for a long time," said The CW President Mark Pedowitz in a press release. He is, of course, referring to the time between when Gossip Girl was canceled and now
SO DAMN FUNNY thanks for tha laugh Kaitlin
Flag
Staff
I love everything about this reboot. Well done CW.
Flag
I forgot how funny and talented these people were, I'm glad it's back.
Flag
Lose the hostess, though. She laughs like a hyena. Drew Carey wasn't exactly a comic genius, but he was compared to Ms. Tyler.
Flag
You take that back or she'll choke you with her Truckasaurus hands. I like Aisha Tyler, but then I'm a huge Archer fan.
Flag
And they've all paled in comparison to Clive, the original host. His trading of barbs with Greg Proops alone would've made a terrific episode.
Flag
Awesome. The show is still just as funny.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members