Whose Line Is It Anyway?

Tuesday 8:00 PM on The CW Premiered Aug 01, 1998 In Season

fireballil

Whose Line Is It Anyway? Fan Reviews (281)

• Typical Americanised version of something that was truly ground breaking and original. Ruined...

One day as browsing through the channels for something to watch I saw listed "Whose Line Is It Anyway?" I decided; this must be interesting I do so long WLiiA? Unfortunately once it came on I realised it was presented by the ghastly Drew Carey (one of the most unfunny Americans ever!). I found the fact they took something brilliant and genuinely funny from the UK and decided to Americanise it. Upon watching it I was glad to see original geniuses; Ryan, Greg and Colin but that was the only mildly redeeming quality about this show.

It was exactly the same as the UK one, same games, same premise and plenty of reused jokes only with name changes to suit the time. There are a few moments that make you smile but the vast majority of it is cringe worthy and the audience. God, the American television audience are highly irritating - I know it's a comedy but we don't need the audience screaming, whooping and making a general hullabaloo so we miss the punchline. I was deeply disappointed by this and even though the originals are extremely funny; the uncharismatic host, the lack of originality and just recycling something good for the sake of a screaming audience just didn't float it for me.
CW