Wicked Wicked Games Forums

MyNetwork TV (ended 2007)

Welcome To The End Of Telenovellas

degrassi_lover

[1]Mar 17, 2007
    • level: 21
    MyNetworkTv has announced that Saints+Sinners and American Heiress will be the last telenovella series on that tv station. The tv station ordered three telenovellas, Friends With Benefits, Crossed Loves, and Rules Of Deception, but those three series will not air. Saints+Sinners is also said, to end in September.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

nevatep

[2]Mar 18, 2007
    • level: 4
    It's a shame that the network did nothing to promote or advertise these shows, and now they stop the telenovelas due to low ratings!  You can't come out with a brand new network that no one knows about and NOT do major advertising and promotion.  There are still people who never heard of MyNetworkTV.  It's almost like they wanted this to happen, although I can't imagine why.

deon5000

[3]Apr 17, 2007
    • level: 7
    I find it odd that you can cancel the programming that is the only reason anyone watches?????? Its not like they have any other shows which is odd.

dude6363

[4]May 1, 2007
    • level: 60
    Oh Telenovella lovers, don't say that yet. MNT is delving into *gags a bit* reality. That just won't work. It's not going to work and when it doesn't they'll either try something different or do these three soaps. I read the plots of these reality shows, TERRIBLE!!! Trust me when these get even worse ratings the'll do some PR and go back to soaps. I think. I Hope!

froggirl8019

[5]May 20, 2007
    • level: 4
    I must admit that I am disappointed that the telenovela format will no longer be on on My Network 9. I thought that was an awesome format. It seemed to work on Lifetime with Monarch Cove. I do agree there wasn't an gigantic advertisment plan. In fact, I have no clue how this new network was working. I have to do some prodding to find out why "Fashion House" and "Desire" were on five days a week. A little infroamtion probably could have helped with ratings. I really hope My Network 9 gets it together and revamps the channel and brings back the telenovela format. I believe with a little more advertising, it could work. God bless and bring back Tatum!!