Widget, the World Watcher

(ended 1991)

Widget, the World Watcher Fan Reviews (3)

• A cool show with an important message.

Another of my childhood favourites, Widget was shown in the afternoons while I was at school so I taped it and rushed home to watch it. It was on twice a week. The whole idea was great. It was about a little purple alien called Widget who crash landed on Earth when he accidently powered up a space pod which had been set to autopilot while he was cleaning it. The pod had been intended for another "Watcher" of a higher rank who was coming to Earth to help some whales and dolphins who were in trouble. Widget was only an assistant. While he had been cleaning the pod he also found Mega Brain, a Mega Brain unit who was faulty. So Mega Brain went with him.
    They met Brian and Kevin, two brothers and befriended them. Widget was capable of shape shifting into other forms. However, whatever he turned into was always purple and vaguely resembled him in some way.
    They made quite a few episodes of this series, I'm not sure if I saw all of them but I saw most of them and I thoroughly enjoyed them too! I wish they made stuff like this these days. Definately good if they released a DVD set of it!