Wife Swap

Avery-Lamb / Martin

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Apr 11, 2013 on ABC

5.1
  • Doomed

I found Cindy's hypocrisy in terms of demanding respect but refusing to give it (AT ALL) particularly hilarious.

That woman needs medication, STAT!

No, really.
  • Feeling sad for Cindy's family

As I started watching I was with Cindy at the beginning. Kids needs rules and parents need to school their children. To think someone can survive in today's world without having any schooling is ludacris. She said "Why would you have children if you didn't want to be a parent?" However, as I continued to watch and see how caring Dayna was towards the children and how much of a bully Cindy was towards everyone, the other family as well as her own, I say that Dayna's heart was in the right place and Cindy's was not. Cindy shouldn't have had kids if she clearly did not want to be parent. Not giving a 17 year old a chance to make he own choices and learn from reasonable mistakes that a 17 year old makes of allowing them to spend time with friends and grow healthy relationships, is not being a responsible parent. What happens when he goes to college and goes from a domineering household to almost completely on his own? I started the show thinking that both families could learn a lot from each other and realize that somewhere in the middle is the right place to be. I was very sad to see that that is not what happened. Had Cindy been able to sit down as an adult and have a true heart to heart conversation, that might have happened. However, she chose to throw a fit like a child. Neither family was able to take their experience and learn from it.
  • Avery-Lamb/Martin

this is tuff
  • Wow WeWonderWhy

Well, since WeWonderWhy has no idea how to be a successful entrepreneur, he/she assumes that this family must live off of welfare. Nice. Joe Martin is also a photographer, and Dayna is an author and speaker. To assume that the only way to make a living is to get a J-O-B is naive.

And the father should have not lied and listened to Cindy scream at his face for another couple of hours?

• Crazy People

Even though I agree that Cindy Avery-Lamb is way over the top, I think the Martins are nothing more than white trash!

They live in a single-family home. Not sure if they own or rent but, either way, there are expenses that go along with a single-family home and making doll kitchens does not bring in a steady stream of money.

My bet is that they live on welfare.

They have 4 children that are not disciplined, have no rules and don't get any schooling. The parents (if one can call them that) are teaching them that they can live off welfare and not be concerned about anything. The father - right on TV - taught them they can lie to others to get their own way.

Simply - White Trash!
  • Hypocrite

4.5
    As I watched the Avery-Lamb/Martin episode of Wife Swap I was astonished at the hypocritcal mentality of Cindy Avery-Lamb. Here is a woman who cusses and swears, is disrespectful and rude, interrupts others as they are speaking, and screams and yells. However, if someone acts that way towards her she is offended and tells them so. Cindy Avery-Lamb needs to read a Bible to learn how to treat people, her husband and her children. Most of all this woman needs to grow up and become an adult.