Wife Swap Forums

Friday 8:00 PM on ABCIn Season

Is there a payout or prize on this show?

gluttonfp

[1]Jan 17, 2008
    • level: 5

I haven't watched very much of Wife Swap yet,but when I have watched,I haven't heard any mention of any kind of reward or payout for the participants (as there is in Trading Spouses.) Did I just miss it? Or are the families just participating to get on TV?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

dragonfly_pat

[2]Feb 13, 2008
    • level: 19
    Thanks for asking this question. My husband and I have wanted to know what this people get out of this. Do they get paid? What are the rules for getting paid? When husbands refuse to participate and later change their minds, is it because they have been told that they won't be paid?

cocosperson

[3]Feb 16, 2008
    • level: 4
    I have a feeling that the crew sometimes tell the husband to make a fuss . . . you notice that they seem to resolve the issue.

dbcsdragon

[4]Oct 14, 2008
    • level: 12
    I have always wondered when the swapped wife spends money, is it their own, the family's, or the show's. For example in one ep, the family was living out of a motor home and the wife rented them a house. Also we see several wives buys clothes or equipment for the families. So who foots the bill?

zan4

[5]Nov 17, 2008
    • level: 10
    i would think the network will pay for there is no way in hell that the mother of the other family will pay for those things.....

I like trading spouces better because it has the money issuse...

rpgdancer

[6]Apr 30, 2009
    • level: 1
    there is a substantial payout. if you watch the top 100 reality tv moments on vh1, there's a woman who's possessed who was on wife swap and was angry that the family she had swapped into was NOT CHRISTIAN! (like this is the biggest tragedy in the world). of course, at this time, the devil came out through her and she tore up the check. they note that later, she asked for another one! lol