Wife Swap Forums

Friday 8:00 PM on ABCIn Season

Where do they find these people?!

bballmegan22

[1]Mar 6, 2007
    • level: 30
    I always wonder this when you see families that say they don't watch any tv and very rural and treehugging. It's like how did they even know about this show if they don't watch any tv?!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

phyconess

[2]Apr 2, 2007
    • level: 12
    Yea, I've thought about that before also.

shortie7thluver

[3]Apr 9, 2007
    • level: 5
    maybe they hear abour from friends, relatives, coworkers.  or maybe the show advertises in newspapers or around town....

efishel

[4]Apr 22, 2007
    • level: 1
    Does anybody else think that the Lovazzano family was just so money this and that and we have to keep us with the Jones I'm just wondering what this Mom thinks that she is teaching her daughters? Plus what about Grandma?? At least the girls know what to do with there mom when they have families. How could a daughter to that to her own Mom? Oh and I would love to get five thousand dollars to be quiet and go back in the room and sit down and listen. Could you believe that the Dad did that? These girls are gonna grow up and do nothing at all and have to live off of Daddy and Mommys money.

03briggs

[5]May 27, 2007
    • level: 3
    lol, thats such a valid point. i am actually in the middle of watching wife swap while writing this comment. the families are like soo different. why not choose simular families so they can actually try to take some action on what the wifes are trying to teach them.
    what does everyone else think ?

bballmegan22

[6]May 28, 2007
    • level: 30
    03briggs wrote:
    lol, thats such a valid point. i am actually in the middle of watching wife swap while writing this comment. the families are like soo different. why not choose simular families so they can actually try to take some action on what the wifes are trying to teach them.
    what does everyone else think ?

Well, I think that it makes good tv when they have conflict.

JPPT1974

[7]Jun 4, 2007
    • level: 50
    It is funny how they find these people. They must test them out. As well as see how they live before letting them on the show. One nice and neat. The other messy and carefree. Now that is something.

atach1

[8]Jun 27, 2007
    this has got to be one of the strangest "reality" shows. The more controversy the better for the producers ($$$$). I just watched one with some tattoed agnostics and some jesus people. I would hate to be raised by either one. They both learned something, but they are still too weird for my taste.
    Edited on 06/27/2007 11:19am

dragonfly_pat

[9]Aug 6, 2007
    • level: 19
    I find that most are too weird. Every time I think that they can't get worse, the families do get worse.

notsotweetone

[10]Aug 10, 2007

dragonfly_pat wrote:
    I find that most are too weird. Every time I think that they can't get worse, the families do get worse.

I was contacted by someone by e-mail to be on the show and I thought it was a joke but it turnrd out to be for real when I looked into it more. I turned them down, however I was shocked as I never applied for anything this just came out of the blue. I do not see the show that often but I was afraid of where they would send me, or worse who they would send to my hubby and son. Ironically a few weeks later I found out another woman from my area is going to do the show

As for weird the weird factor I have worked on an ambulance and I've worked as a school nurse and trust me there are some weird families out there, I wouldn't have believed some of it had I not seen it for myself. My family keeps telling me to write a book about the exploits I have dealt with but it doesn't transfer to writing as well as it does to a viewing audience.

jww047

[11]Sep 27, 2007
    • level: 16
    My cousin was on this show.

Miche3355

[12]Oct 2, 2007
    • level: 3
    HELLO MY NAMES MICHELE FROM THE EPISODE IN DETROIT IN 2005 WIFESWAP EVER SINCE THE SHOW I HAVE LOST 120 POUNDS AND BEEN IN COLLEGE IT REALLY HELPED ME TO ACHIEVE MY GOALS. MY DAUGHTERS ARE DOING AWESOME JENNIFER IS TAKING HER GED AND GOING TO COLLEGE AND JULIE IS GETTING READY TO START TAKING COLLEGE COURSES AND MY YOUNGEST IS IN JR HIGH DOING AWESOME.

cocosperson

[13]Feb 16, 2008
    • level: 4
    Which episode was it? What did your cousin think of the experience?

kellykent007

[14]Jul 25, 2011
    • level: 1

The show is a 100% fake people we did the show we were told from the beginning it was all scripted, they told us we would not e ourselves because noone would watch normal everyday people on tv so they created our characters we played along and by the way the first year u were not allowed to tell people it was fake well my years over an i was telling them way before that, its fake your told what to say how to react and so forth fakeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.