Wife Swap

Friday 8:00 PM on ABC Premiered Sep 26, 2004 In Season

Wife Swap Fan Reviews (60)

• good show.

me and my mom watch it. I like that they make a family happier and more bonded. youre all focusing on the negative, not that they make a family happier and more bonded!!!!
  • Scarlett Jhonsson swap to chad wiggins Ryan reynolds from green lantern movie

Green lantern Guy grander as chad wiggins on green lantern movie chad wiggins played voice from zero the kamikaze squirrel on spongebob episode Cornelius and squirrel princess mindy as Scarlett Johansson from spongebob squarepants movie green lantern Hal Jorden as rayn Reynolds vs. green lantern guy garnder as chad wiggins I watch dark knight 2008 batman 1989 batman returns batman forever spider-man 2001 spider-man 3 disney increables
  • The Middle Ages

1.5
    I just started watching this show and the first episode I watch was about the family that lived according, mostly,to the culture back during the middle ages. The mom included "belly dancing" which was not back during that time. There was dancing but not bellying dancing. And the fact they sheltered their kids from any outside contact is just asking for disfunctional kids. There is nothing wrong with homeschooling but she take it to the extreme. Those kids will not know how to deal with the 'real world'. Nothing wrong with role playing but geeze, they take it to a whole new level. And the episode where the mom & dad had a lot of halloweenish decor was cool yet the 'other' mom had no right to be so narrowed minded when it comes to home decor. She had a bad attitude and to let her husband behave like a spoilt child was just stupid and weak.
  • The Tattoo Episode

I really do not agree with the wife swap program because it can open a huge can of worms with the families and the Tattoo Episode is a fine example of that. I can see trying to show family members where they may fall short on how they treat each other and children but the line is drawn when a wife wants the daughter of the other family to get a tattoo no matter if it was going to be a temporary or real one. That sorta stuff should not be allowed the physical altering of a persons body with tattoos who may never even thought about doing so until that woman came into their should be a big NO NO!
  • Chasity little girl is a spoiled little BITC*

This girl is completely Pathetic! That horrible attitude will get her no where in this world! She claims she is "grown" well we see she gets it from her mother which has the same attitude. That father needs to watch his show and see how his wife and daughter are pathetic.

That girl Chasity has the worst attitude I have ever seen, I don't know how she can even have friends like that. I wanted to smack her the whole time of watching this show.

Hopefully she watches how freaking dumb she acts.

OMF, her dad gives her a hug and her reaction is " don't touch my hair" Her nose can't be in the air anymore, she acts like she is the QUEEN of the world and everyone, including her parents bow down HAHA. She will meet her maker one day and I see I could see it, because I really do not like how this thinks she is the boss. pay your own cell phone bill once, I bet that BITC* would think twice about a 300 phone bill. Her parents won't always be there to cater to her, and she acts like they will

That BITC* needs to grow up!!!!!!
  • chastity from lowe and hamilton episode

1.5
    The little spoiled bitch from the lowe and hamilton families episode chastity or whatever should die Nd i want her to know that she a fucking spoiled piece of shit along with her mother
  • Really!

I never knew there was a thing called un-schooling. It would be one thing if your still taking the time and putting in effort to teach your children something, but the Martin's were lazy. Children can absorb so much information and learn very quickly. The Martins obviously are the type of people that shouldn't breed, yet those kind always have tons of kids = the uncanny amount of idiots in the world. They are basically telling their kids that it's okay to never be able to get a good job, or learn more about the world by socializing and education. A thirteen year old is a child and it's a kind of neglect to let them do what they want without any of the knowledge to make an accurate decision. Letting his kid get a septum piercing is one of the dumbest things I have ever seen. I bet if that boy wanted a wiener tattooed on his face, they would let him do that too. :)
  • I feel sorry for the kids-ppl seem to forget

These people are paid for this show, and the kids are the ones that seem to have the most drama put one them.

tonight's show (4-11/2013) That very military style MOM, has no joy at all. I feel sorry for her, someday in the future when her kids have all run away from her, she will realize how much love she missed out on. She will see that being in CONTROL of everything does not always = happy.
  • Where do they find these people?

Dont these families get that this show chooses two polar opposite lifestyles, both radical and in need of change? They always think they are there to change the other family.... they should really be seeing how they are both wrong, and both need to dial it down a bit. If I were chosen for the show I dont think I would be flattered... I do like watching it but the people they choose must never watch the show....
  • Learning about being a mate!

You can become an enemy or a friend on this show. You will learn a lot about parenting, about yourself, and about your husband, and lifestyles as a wife being swapped. But, you learn all about this as a viewer too. Cool concept for tv!
  • The American housewife certainly looks different...

that's what you realize when watching this show. I also have seen that no matter what your background is, whether it be conservative, liberal, or whatever, we can always learn how to be better people. No ONE lifestyle is better than another. I love to see the wives actually improve their relationships with their families. It's kinda like going through therapy, but on reality TV.
  • it is interesting how two families can be so different.

I think it would be interesting to be a part of wife swap. It would be kind of hard because it is just my mom and I, but I wonder what it would be like if I had a different mom. I love my mom and I would not want to have a different mom permanently, but it would be an eye opener. I love watching this show. It is amazing what you learn when you watch two moms switch families. It is interesting how the differences in discipline kind of mix together. I wonder what the families would be like a month later after wife swap.
  • Wifeswap was fun and it certainly changed my life.

MY name is michele from abc WIFESSWAP in Detroit we did the episode in 2005 from which I was the only single mom to do Wifeswap. I had achieved very much since the show I lost 120 pounds and been in College now for nursing. My daughters are getting ready to take college courses and are working and my youngest is in first year Jr. High doing awesome. The show was awesome if you could see our family now it would be shocking how much of a improvement. I still keep in touch with the bramhalls every now and then hes online and when I showed him pictures of me now because I lost 120 pounds he was like what a huge difference and it is I feel great and look great and continue to get an education along with my children also. Michele from Wifeswap
  • Sad, really.

This show is a questionable idea with even more confusing and doubtful outcomes. It takes a difficult problem and complicates it even further by extrapolating it into the unknown. It's a bit like deciding that if you have a mosquito bite that really itches, you should take care of it with a paint scraper. If people find that their marriages are beset by communication problems and too many differences, what they need to do is get some help. They don't need to see what it's like elsewhere. Too often, this show refuses to have people actually solve a problem--it just sends them to another person. That's how we got the divorce crisis. I know this is just a show, but for what it is, it makes things more sad and bizarre, and it makes it look like there wasn't much of a point to start with. If people did some more clear thinking and had compassion, instead of being more choosy, they'd be better off--and if people are so assured of their own greatness, they perhaps shouldn't consider being with others at all.
  • Women trade families for a week.

This show is the biggest guilty pleasure for me, anything that repeats on Lifetime is. This show is really good at creating drama by purposely pairing opposite families together week after week but it shows a really great intersection of humanity that never fails to entertain. It is amazing at showing off the hypocrisy that people fall susceptible to and shows all the different flaws of people no matter how open minded they claim to be. I find that the people who often claim to be that open are the worst of all because they are stuck int their ways. This show bring humor and because it is in the house it takes people right where the heart is and you get to really see people in a way that you don't on other reality shows. I also love to watch a good fight.
  • Engineering human dysfunctionality.

4.5
    It's friday, December 19th, and all it took was the preview of this episode's comming attractions to get me to turn off the T.V. and head straight to the computer to write this review. The wife of a tornado chaser switching places with the wife of a safety freak. My, my. This show is only a hop, skip and a jump from the Jerry Springer Show in my opinion. The whole idea behind this show and shows like it is to exploit and at times, I think, engineer human dysfunctionality. You don't have to be Dr. Phil to guess how these two mismatched couples are going to fare. If you get off on watching people tear each other down, this is a good show I guess, but you get more for your money on the Springer show. Lotsa good fist fights on that one. Ugh.
  • In the abc series "Wife Swap", two different families trade wives for two weeks. This show is very similar to the FOX series "Trading Spouses" except the mothers stay for two weeks, they do not recieve money in the end, and this is more heavily narrated.

Like "Trading Spouses", "Wife Swap" is usually a great television series, and one of my favorite things about shows like "Wife Swap" and "Trading Spouses" is that every episode is so different. Some are comical, some are insprirational, some have you at the edge of your seat, and some make you cry tears of joy. Of course, there is always the occasional episode that makes you angry or makes you cry tears of sorrow. Something that make me like "Wife Swap" more than "Trading Spouses" is the fact that "Wife Swap" is so heavily narrated, and whoever narrates it is so talented. He turns what would be an otherwise boring episode into a comedy. However, "Trading Spouses" has the twist that each family recieves $50,000, but that the new mom (or dad) will spend the money. Overall, I think that "Wife Swap" is a great show to watch when one is in the mood for some comedy.
  • Two families switch moms.

This is a truly guilty pleasure. It is so much fun watching the madness ensue.

Typically I see one family that is somewhat normal with a few problems, and they switch with a family that is extremely bizarre and way outside the norm. One episode featured a poor family that hunts to lessen their grocery bill and put food on the table. They switched with a family who are raw food vegans and the mom thinks you can get all the food you want by looking at the sun. Also I noticed that typically one family will refuse to comply with the new rules. As in the Vegan/meat eater family. The vegan mom refused to see the other side and then expected the family to follow her rules.

But the insanity is always there. Right now there is an episode on where a mom who is more or less a slave to her husband and son switched places with a Wicca goddess whose family worships her. The Wicca kids talk to elves and fairies.
  • this show is so awesome

in the review i said it was a daily fix, i ment weekley (every friday at eight). the show is really cool. i like picking out my favorite family even if they both are evil. the episode with the clowns was just wierd. i have probably seen every episode except the last one (December 5, 2008) and would like to know what happened (hint-hint) i really liked the pirate one. did i mention that i REALLY want to know what happened on the last episode (send responses to screen name ninja422) well, now i dont know what to type any more oh WOHOO! 100 words finally!
  • Why don't they put switch similar wives sometimes?

This show is mainly about two different couples who switch wives for a few weeks.

It is very interesting and entertaining to watch! I love the see how the two wives would react and judge the family and the house. How the childrens /kids/ teens behaves and the rules the wives are going to change about the household!

It's funny to see the dads yell at the "wife" and not listening to the new rules.

What I don't like about this show is that they always switch wives that are from opposite families (like everytime!) so that can get boring to watch. Why don't they switch wives some time from two similar families! That would be boring to watch, some might say but atleast it's interesting and different from the weeks!

Well, that's my review!
  • two families get a new mom for two weeks..the first week the new moms live by the other mom's rules and the second week they make changes

i completely love this show b/c i love seeing the contrast btw the two fams..they pick two fams that are extremely different most of the time so its like so entertaining really..i love it..i mean the families can be so outrageous and then the dad is usually the one against all the changes..i like how the audience gets to see what the rules were before rule change and then how the wife brings in what they do for their own fam into the new fam..its very interesting and conflicting..some are just super outrageous and im like oh no she didnt..but its very entertaining
  • Two families, one where the mom teaches her daughter that they can do anthing themselves and they don't need a man and the other family the have a child that they do everything for.

I think this was really (like most shows) two families that are completely oposite. The beauty queen was given everything an d everything was done for her. She was able to do what she wanted when she wanted how she wanted. I think the wife swap was good for this girl who got a chance to learn to do things for themselves cause if at the age of 15 and she can't spell America or read the word 'crutches' that is really sad. It's good to know she is doing some of her work herself with the help of her daddy. Keep it up.
  • Wife Swap of 7/23/07

4.1
    I can't believe they would allow someone to bring beer into a home that has beliefs against drinking - the show is good most of the time, but I think that was just wrong. Also, trying to change the way the one family believed that women should dress - wrong again! I think the beer thing was presumptious - even though the swapped wife apologized - should never have been an issue. Poor judgment, I think.
  • The people pick two familys that are exact opposite and switch wifes.

Saythe was a neat freakfamily and a sloppy pack rat family. They would switch the wives. for the first week the switched wives would have to follow their new one week home rules. They even have to work the same job the other wife has to work. Then the second week the new wife gets to make the rules. she can change who does whatand how they do it. So the neat freak living in the pack rats house will probobly make them clean the house and throw away all toys and clothes that do not fit them or they are to big to play with. Then the pack rat living in the neat freaks house will probably make them relax more less cleaning let them keep things they don't fit in anymore and throw a big party.Then at the end the wives switch back and they have a meeting just the for adults and talk about they feel and what they changed to there houses. then they ask the people what they plan on changing in there lives to make the similarbut not the same.
  • I love this show.

This show picks two families that are two COMPLETE opposites of each other, and "swaps" the wives. The first week, the wife has to step into the former wife's shoes, and take on all of her responsibilities. The second week, the wives get to make their own rules for the household. This show is just so entertaining... you can always count on loads of drama whenever you watch this show. Even if the new wives seem to be getting along with the husbands at the end of the swap, once they have the across the table talk, things really heat up. And the families always make changes at the end, sometimes very small tweaks, and sometimes huge changes. I just love all the drama this show brings, it's very entertaining.
  • Two completely opposite wives trade places to learn about themselves, their families and to teach the other familys a lesson they'll never forget.

This show is off the charts funny!! You see some of the worlds biggest wierdos on this show and you get to laugh at them...like the woman who only ate raw meat...You watch clean-freaks and the worlds biggest slobs switch places and try to survive in each others houses...most people eventually learn something in the end...usually. But it's still high comedy to watch the worlds craziest peolpe...if you ever think that your family is annyoying...think again! Anytime you need a laugh or a reason to like your family again watch Wife Swap...you'll be loving your family again in no time!
  • Great show...but...some episodes are just plain DUMB!

I think I actually watched "Trading Spouses" before this, but I like "Wife Swap" about 10 times better!

The only thing I wonder is if the people are...faking! You know? I mean...the pirate people? "Piratitude"?
    Can these people be real? Are they only doing it so they will get on TV?

I always think...could my family be on this show? But I come to the conclusion that my family is to "normal". We pretty much do nothing different like the people who bottle Deer Urine...that just weird! And some of these people I think, are these people CRAZY? Like the people who eat raw meat...that woman is seriously INSANE! "Water actually dehidrates you" load of CRAP! But all-in-all its a pretty good show!
  • I don't know why I watch it. I mean it gets sillier by the week.

I only watch it beacuse to see the wacky famliy of the wife is going to next. The last one I saw is the one with the mom eats rotten food, and other is a fany person who likes to be clean. I mean it ok but I wouldn't put it in my number one list. I would not be able to have my mom to swap lives with another woman. Then tells us we have to follow some dumb rules. I would say shut the @$#K up. (I wanted to keep it rated!)But the show is ok. I would give it a 6 out of 10 just to be honest.
  • the family from out west needs their heads checked.

if this is the type of family you think the american public needs to watch, i will not be watching this show anymore. the family from out west was way out in left field. they are not worth watching. i realize this is supposed to be some type of reality show, but, sometimes enough is enough.
  • i would love for them to do a update show where are they now ,what did they do with the money and have any of the couples ever got invovled and have any split up

i really enjoy this show as it is different from most shows on the air, some weeks are better then others but all in all it is a good show my daughters and i enjoy watching it to together. i do have to admit i kind of enjoy it when they fight but i guess that most peple like it when they do too. i have wondered if there has ever been a show that you have taped but for one reason or another you chose not to air it.keep up the good work and keep trying some new ideas.
< 1 2