Wife Swap

Friday 8:00 PM on ABC Premiered Sep 26, 2004 In Season

Wife Swap Fan Reviews page 2 of 3

• i would love for them to do a update show where are they now ,what did they do with the money and have any of the couples ever got invovled and have any split up

i really enjoy this show as it is different from most shows on the air, some weeks are better then others but all in all it is a good show my daughters and i enjoy watching it to together. i do have to admit i kind of enjoy it when they fight but i guess that most peple like it when they do too. i have wondered if there has ever been a show that you have taped but for one reason or another you chose not to air it.keep up the good work and keep trying some new ideas.
  • Unoriginal but still great!

7.2
    Unoriginal or not, that is the real question for me. This show really annoys me because there is another show that is completely like this! I try not to watch both but it is a good show and I like watching it. This show is really good, it is a great show because they pick the most different people and put them into totally different situations then what they are use to which in my mind is just a great start for an awesome show! The people in this show are just great also, there are bickering, challenges they have to overcome, and occasional fighting that just make this show so great. Other than the part where it is unoriginal this show is great and I hope it stays on for years to come!
  • really changes the family for the better.

This shows great! the show chooses total opposite family life styles and switches the mothers over. It always has a good outcome on the families, like it changes most of them for the better. And its really funny/ interesting watching the mums try to live in the other mothers life style, then when they get to change the rules.. well thats where the fun really starts. Most of the mums realise they dont spend enough time with their children or are to hard on them or dont appreciate their husbands and they always stop and actually think then change their families lives for the better. love this show with its sad funny exciting scary moments. lol its a good easy going show.
  • it's just a show no one expected.

7.4
    wife swap is the crazyest show. the idea to swap wives with totally opposite familys and it's funny, crazy, and wild. it's a great show should air on tv alot more than it is. but in the end they settle there differences and tell the other familys what needs to change. it's a great show.
  • it is interesting how two families can be so different.

i think it would interesting to be a part of wife swap. it would be kind of hard because it is just my mom and i, but i wonder what it would be like if i had a different mom. i love my mom and i would not want to have a different mom permanently, but it would be an eye opener. i love watching this show. it is amazing what you learn when you watch two moms switch families. it is interesting how the differences in discipline kind of mix together. i wonder what the families would be like a month later after wife swap.
  • This is a great series, really great idea and so much fun ,love to swap my wife for a while!

6.8
    One family is clean and tidy the other family is living in a pig sty and washes once a week the other once a day, which quality is better? How do you judge one Mommy over another Mommy, each has a different take on life , a different way of doing things. Is is better for the kids to have no TV at night? is it better to let your kid fall asleep infront of a TV? It lets the audience be the judge and jury on the inner workings of a family. makes you wonder what sort of people would be as stupid or confident to be featured in this TV show. Sadly a compulsive programme.
  • I love how they swithc themothers away from their natural habitat. Please, read my review, it will be interesting.

WifeSwap I think is much better that Meet your New spouse on FOX. Although we know that some of the situation is fake, the action makes it enjoyable. From the disagreements of the mother and family to the occasional brawls that are brought up, its both hilarious and informative. Also, I particulary like how they let the mothers create their own rules for the house, that really creates suspense. Well one thing I like about the show, there isn't as many commercials as FOX's meet your new spouse, and it is way ahead of its time, as there are plenty of families out there that will love to have the experience to work with another family while on one of the most wathced networks in the nation, and maybe even word.
  • A reality show where two family and their wives switches places with another family.....

An reality tv show.Where two wives from different familes switch places and live in an different family.Learning each other ways and their rules.Than they changed the rules around an bit and do the things that the family normally doesn't do on with their mother or wife does.But they must follow it.Even though that they don't liked it.Than in the end the two family meet and begin to dicuss their little visit...to be honest.I really liked this show.I mean to some it is not interesting but to others it is interesting.Its also an good way to changed some habits in the family.I do watch it.Whenever I can.....
  • love it!

i used to think that this show was boring because they were all just staying in the tipton hotel and i thought that they never get out of there.but i was wrong because when i could not watch anything else,i decided to watch it anyway.i realized that i\'ve been ignoring such a funny fun show.zack and cody made me laugh with their crazy misadventures and antics inside the tipton hotel.now i realized that we should not believe our first impressions for they may be wrong..the suite life of zack and cody..such a great and fun show..take my word for it!
  • Swingers...

3.8
    To me this show is like a Swingers Party, but without all of the meaningless sex beer orgies. Sadly this show does well [and beat Arested Development]. Sadly America likes crap and this is the crap we like looks like the song "American Idiot" was rght. Oh god I hate TV now...
  • more reality trash

this show is one of the biggest pieces of crap to have come out in years. first of all the title is completly misleading. i am so sick of reality tv. if i were to produce this show, well let's put it this way, it would be really big with the biker crowd.
  • It's a show to see how other families live and how they change in Wife Swap.

A show about 2 different wifes trade lifes and families and force their life-style on their traded family. This show is very entertaining and fun, but very annoying. I hate when the "bad, strict, and unfair" wife make the other wife's innocent family follow her rules. Very confusing? I know. I watch this show whenever its on and I think its a amazing show! But, time to time it tend to be annoying but I watchi i anyway. Sometimes, I feel like i'm rooting for one mom than the other. All well, this show is weird!!!
  • So you think your family is crazy? Think again...

Wife Swap is a great show, in my opinion. I wont say that I watch every episode, but when I do its more like watching an extremely unplanned soap! People are soo different and have different outlook on life and what is important. Some swaps are horrible and I cant stop feeling sorry for the women. The most painfult to watch, are the episodes where theres a huge personality clash and completely different life style to which wives are used to. Theres sadness, happiness, tears, laughts and many more emotions involved. Its just unbelievable how those poor women cope! Just watch it!
  • Terrible show about wives trying to force their life-style on another family.

Why in the world is this show on the air??? It is horrible!!! A complete waste of TV space!!! I have tried to watch it multiple times but just cannot get through it! Why would anyone want to excange lives like that? It seems nothing good ever comes out of it. All I see is fighting and disagreements. If the families could acctually try to understand eachother it would be way better, but just trying to take over someone elses family and run their lives makes for a terrible show. I love shows that are positive like Supernanny...awesome show... way, way, way better than this junk.
  • Would have rolled the little toy cowboy up in a little ball and shoved him up his wifes butt!!

5.8
    Very different show!! If I had been on that particular show, I believe that I would have rolled the little toy cowboy up in a little ball and shoved him up his wifes butt!! I would have loved for him to come across the table on me!! It seems that the mouthy big ol\\\' cowgirl new everything and that their way was the only way. I pity there innocent little children for having to be raised in an environment like that. I guess it really goes to show that it takes all kinds to make a village. Congratulations to the other family for showing a little tact and class with a truly lowlife couple.
  • It's a good show to watch if you want to see how different families live and how well they can stand each other.

Here's how the show works. They take a mom from 2 very different families and moves them into the other's home for 2 weeks. Usually they find two complete opposites. For the first week, the new mom goes by the families' rules, and on the second week, she makes her own.

This is what I find somewhat upsetting. The two families chosen very rarely have anything in common. Although it's entertaining to have the families not like the new mom, they should pair up more compatible families and see how that works out.

Another thing I find upsetting is that most of the families aren't open to try what the new mom has to offer, while others just find the other families way of life completely awful and barbaric. People are so closed minded these days.

Other than the above, the show is still fun and enjoyable to watch. It at least gives us a picture to what other families are like, outside of our usual way of living.
  • Sometimes I love this show Sometimes I hate it a lot

Sometimes I love this show
    But other times I find myself hating it
    And also I just love to hate it
    Or just hate to love it
    Because of two different wives with two very different opinions
    And one can be just too extreme
    While the other can be just too traditional
    If you know what I mean
    But I just can't help but see two grown women
    Trade lives for the next two weeks
    They must abide by their new family's life for one week
    Then they take control the second week!
  • This show is interesting because it shows how people are different and how they react when they are taken out of thier environment and put into anothers.

I think this is interesting cause of the different cultures that people are swaped with. I mean some of the swaps were very radical. It showed though that no matter how different we are and what our prejudices might be that once we get to know someone those things can change. Overall it is interesting.
  • Wiccan High Priestess and Iowa Housewife: I usually think this show is a freak show, but these particular people opened themselves outside their boxes to learn something different about themselves and what serves life!

Why would people do this?

Each woman's proud of her contribution and wanted to share that. I'm Priestess myself-I was annoyed that Bella chose to share a more innaccessible side of her spirituality like astral travel; I hoped to see her share more universally understood concepts like connection to the Earth,food and family. Still, she shared herself honestly and opened herself in LOVE even during difficult moments and this is service to the goddess.
    Likewise the good intention and love from the Iowa woman. Both men stretched beyond their comfort to effect changes that served their families. Peace, love, blessings
  • I loved the last episode: Schachtner / Martincak. I think the Martincaks received a gift with the visit from Patt. It is a pity they are too short-minded to even realize it. A message for the Martincaks father: for the sake of your own family, please gro

I loved the last episode. I think the Martincaks received a gift with the visit from Patt. It is a pity they are too short-minded to even realize it. A message for the Martincaks father, for the sake of your own family, please grow up. You are an embarrasment as a father, as a husband, and as a man.
  • started out as a good show, now it\'s only about major drama and jerks, like the clueless bonehead from Florida who needs to be dragged into an alley and given a blanket party. He\'s lucky the guy from Wisconsin really didn\'t shoot him and gut him right

5.9
    I really like this show initially, but they seem to keep finding these clueless idiots. I\'ve never seen a more worthless guy than this idiot from Florida. He\'s lucky he\'s got a wealthy wife and a father-in-law to give him a job otherwise he\'d be selling used cars and waiting tables to pay for his \"sport\" addiction.
  • Traumatize The Kids

Ya know, I just had to chime in on this series.

I took the time to watch it two weeks running to see what it was about. And I could not get through the second viewing. This series is just horrible. I understand it was meant to educate and inform stupid people on how “the other half lives”, but damn, folks…do we really need to traumatize little kids in the process? Does it really matter how people conduct their private lives? Does picking other people’s lives apart before millions really set a high entertainment level? Ah…. no, it doesn’t.

Sorry folks, but this series is stupid and downright awful. I’ll rate this show a 1 only because the producers had the brass to get it past the Networks onto the air. Other than that…
  • Ever wonder JUST how crazy people are out there?

Watching this show is like a sick experiment in psychology. The producers are TOP of the line and I would give my left arm to have them on my staff. They have a strange knack for finding the craziest nutcases in the US.

Remember the "Sun Eating" lady!! Wow she should have her own show called "Reality Swap" she was straight institutional!! Even last week he had the tree hugging wacko and the Nazi swap places, love those fireworks!!

Great producing goes a long way. Another guilty pleasure.

Shane Jay Hayes
  • Pretty good

I just watched the marathon a month ago and I new it was a good show. I like all da drama in the show and its really informative. ITs basically about well the wives in a family get switched and they have to stay at another wifes home for 2 weeks. The first week the wives have to live like the other wives does. The second week the wives get to make up rules for the family to follow. Thats when the show gets interesting.. heh heh
  • I love this show, it gives such a meaning to the saying"the grass is always greener" I dont know how these people hold it together though, when no one seems to like the swapees, or the swapper.

I love the richie rich women having to clean the bathroom. I love the moms with NO time for their "offspring" having to tend to anothers child. The lessons taught seem to really be the ones learned on this show. Not many times have I walked away thinking that it was a setup. The dirty house transformations are the best, because it is always a clean freak that gets sent to them. Then the poor women whose lives are spent cutting corners and coupons,HAVE to live in the lap of luxury for a few days, love it. The bickering is cool, but not the focus, which is refreshing. This is not Little house on the prairie type wholesome, but as close to it as you get these days in prime time.
  • Man, this is a great show that shows us what happens in other families.

It\\\'s pretty cool to see how one family mostly does this and how another does that. It\\\'s also amusing when the kids who barely work do with their original parents, can sometimes work their asses off. It also teaches us how we can be respo sible and to teach our kids how to behave.
  • Better than most reality shows

Wife Swap is definately better than most reality shows, (but I guess thats not a big accomplishment)

Its not about a washed up celebrity trying to make a comeback or just trying to milk their tiny amount of fame, Its not a singing contest or is it set in a house or island.

Its basically two wives who swap.

Simple! Usually they both have completely different methods of parenting (e.g. Ones a harda** the other is lazy) and the wives have to put up with a family completely different from their own!

Everyone involved is taken out of their comfort zone and its entertaining to watch while at the same time an imporant experience for everyone involved
  • Fantastic... Funny... A Classic...

Two completely opposite families switch wifes, husbands, homes, and kids for 2 weeks and see if their home is really as bad as they think it it is... See their time in the other families home and see what changes they make and the families reaction to the change. (Most of the time it's negative) When it's all said and done, do they like their life better or the life that they just had a glimpse of? Find out what they really thought, you will know when you see what changes the families made in their homes! A great show with lots of humor, fun, and lessons!
  • i like the show.except for the downs family. i know very well.everything in her bio is totally false. they do not live that way.its all an act.for the cameras.how can you homeschool when you never finished seventh grade.the two older girls only two who we

i think your show is very good but i think the contestants need to be honest to the public.if roz and her husband knew the downs real background they would be shocked. that they were allowed in thier home.everything in paula denise bio was all false.she was not very honest
  • Last night's episode with the Bomanji family was not only insulting, but an insult to the people of this country.

0.0
    I watched Wife Swap as usual last night (a show I usually enjoy). Both my partner and I were absolutely appalled at the attitude of Mr Bomanji, the father. He on more than one occasion put down the British race. For an immigrant (which was mentioned), how dare he come to live in our country, and then continue to slag off the British people? His reason was we thought unreasonable towards the British, and we think you should have cut that insult out of the show. We personally would like an apology for this behaviour.... I look forward to your response.
1 2 3