Wild Card

Lifetime (ended 2005)

Wild Card Fan Reviews (11)

• A very funny show.

After the death of her sister Zoe Busiek, an ex blackjack dealer, has to take care of her two nieces and nephew. She has to combine that with her job at an insurance company. All of this can lead to difficult situations, but Zoe does her best to make it all work.

This show has proven to be funny. The Zoe character is hilarious and there is a great chemistry between all the characters. Especially between Zoe and her work partner Dan. Also the relationship between them and their boss is quite interesting.

As the serie moves on we see Zoe struggle at work, at home and in her love life. Things aren't always easy, but she manages to raise her sister's kids and to often save the day at the insurance company.

A very entertaining show I advise everybody to give a chance.
  • Although I found this series in the UK after it had been canned in the US, for me, it is one of the best series, of its type, I have seen in a long time!

The format for series one was good, but series two was miles better with M in charge; not only did the character bring more to the show, but so did the actress's talent for singing! Of course the show revolved around Dan and Zoe and a huge opportunity was missed to extend their relationship - and humour - further. Their banter was ridiculously hysterical at times - and you knew Zoe was no way "cardboard" to Dan - you just wished to knock their heads together to see how right they were for each other! It would have been interesting to see how they worked together being married together!

The best part of the series was it was funny, somewhat predictable but inoffensive. It covered a lot of different subjects without taking the high moral ground but also without subjecting viewers to what seems to be the norm of bad language and gratuitous scenes of a sexual nature! You know you are going to be entertained - and you can't ask for more than that! Plus a bit of eye candy in Dan was the bonus!

A series that definitely needs another outing! But alas, never to be!
  • A unique detective show that has a blackjack dealer from Las Vegas become an insurance fraud investigator in her hometown, Chicago.

A unique detective show that has a blackjack dealer from Las Vegas become an insurance fruad investigator in her hometown, Chicago. At the same time, she's caring for her dead sister's three kids, Taylor, Cliff, and Hannah.

The many misadventures that Zoe Busiek and her partner, Dan Lennox get into while trying to solve crime mysteries, from robbery to murder, their life is far from normal.

In a way, this show is appealing to teens and adults alike. With it's snappy dialogue, and an interesting plot that keeps adding on with every few episodes, It's one of the best shows of it's time! And for Zoe, having to take care of her nieces and nephew is hard enough. She never had the experiance of taking care of kids before, but she seems to get through the parenthood thing pretty well.

It's a shame that the series ended so quickly. I would've liked to see more of what happened after Dan and Zoe got married.
  • A nice detective show.

Wild Card is a nice detective show with a family oriented theme. Zoey's role as an insurance investigator really ties up the plot of each episodes. It's an entertaining show to watch but it lacks the certain flare of other good detective shows like Monk. But it works quite well, with Chris Potter being part of the cast makes Wild Card a nice mix. The shows not too serious, some comedy added in here that gives it an 80s detective show feel to it. Overall, the shows not so bad, it's not excellent, just below excellent, I don't watch it regularly but when it's on it looks fine. It's watchable.
  • This show is (oops - was) awesome. The story line was original. And the plots were interesting.

This show is awesome. My mom and I really bonded, while watching it. She really loved the show, it was one of her favourites. Personally I loved Chris Potter (did you watch season 2?), she loved zoe\'s character and really understood what she was going through. Too bad it ended. Bring it back!!!
  • COME BACK!

I LOVE THIS SHOW! i am so sad its done! i want it to come back on in the mean time ill just wacth the episodes i havent seen yet.More people should watch this show barely anyone i know knows about this show! Its a great show that should reair!
  • A funny and heart warming show about a woman, who before her sister dies is a "jill-of-all-trades". When she returns to Chicago to care for her sisters three kids, she never imagines how her life will change.

I adored Wild Card while it was on and I only wish tha Lifetime had renewed it (especially since Joely Fisher's character on Desperate Housewives is so not her at all!) There was nothing not to love about this show. It lost viewership becasue Lifetime had it in a terrible timeslot and after the first season ended pressure from shows like Law and Order and CSI forced the plotlines away from straight up insurance fraud and into more CSI-esque cases. Wild Card was comedic, romantic and dramatic, a rare mix in today's television world where show's are forced to focus on one aspect of the show or lose the interest of viewers and yet Wild Card seemed to balance these flawlessly.
  • This is one of the best shows on lifetime. A++++

I love this show. It\'s interesting and witty. It shows how a free spirit can be there for her sister and take on her life while living her own as well. She shows you can be a mom and a career woman without too much of a hitch. This show was fun and entertaining and i love Joely fisher and Chris potter. They had the best chemistry on camera.
  • A great show about a woman who gives up her life to take care of her deceased sisters children. She finds a wonderful job, great friends, and frequently lands everyone she cares about in grave danger, before somehow pulling it all together, and completing

This show is phenomenal. I just love the way everything blends so perfectly together. There is no other show on the networks anywhere like it. I hope that the show goes for many more seasons. As for the actors, they need no help. I just wish Zoe and Dan would just get together, get married, and have a kid. One incredible show, and it fits perfectly of a night with Missing. I record this show everytime on DVR, and I hope that it comes out on DVD sometime in the near future, because I intend to buy it. Please keep up the EXCELLENT work with the writing of the show!! :)
  • Wild Card is a hilarious show that still manages to pass as a drama. Joely Fisher's fantastic acting is its backbone.

What a show! It's too bad it's coming to an end. Joely Fisher is absolutely fabulous. Also, the situations Zoey gets into are beyond hilarious (I'm still laughing about the time when she was looking through a window with binoculars and the blinds fell down). Some of the mysteries make episodes unique and simply fantastic ("Tick Tock, Writer's Block" and "See Ya Later, Investigator" are examples of this) and some episodes are dramatic and make you feel good inside ("Pilot" "A Whisper From Zoe's Sister"). The second season was quite different from the first. The first was mostly dramatic with a dab of comedy. The second was the exact opposite of this. At first I didn't like this but I grew to love the new Wild Card. It's too bad it didn't do better in ratings. The last episodes were the best and it's wonderful that the show ended on such a good note.
  • A funny show.

A very funny show, interesting plots, great characters, amazing cast.

This is a really good show. Its second season is not as good as the first one and it has also been canceled.

Joely Fisher as Zoe is very funny and Chris Potter as Dan is charming.

In the first season, there events and occurances were very clear. In the second season, the characters and plots are not well developed and this is very sad to see the show going down that way.

This is not the best show, but certainly great if you want to get a good laugh.