Wild West Tech

The History Channel (ended 2005)

Wild West Tech Fan Reviews (3)

7.3
  • "Wild West Tech." examines history in a novel way and with a sense of humor. If only school had been this fun, .....!

History can be examined in many ways and that can be the difference between boring and captivating. The Carradines host one of the most interesting, entertaining, and educational shows on television. Each episode examines a different aspect of Western life and the technology shaped it. Details in the past that might have seemed trivial before become vivid in the anecdotal stories, re-enactments, and technological demonstrations.

One soon begins to wish this crew had taught them history . From bandits, to wars, to cowboys, trains, and all that lies in between, these hosts make it come alive.

This is truly an innovative show with great value beyond its entertainment draw. One can only hope The History Channel recognizes "Wild West Tech." as the under-appreciated gem that it is.
  • Kind of stupid but still interesting

' Wild West Tech ' is one of the few shows I tend to watch by myself but not by choice. My better half agrees with me that show is kind of lame but does tend to offer interesting facts about the way the things work over 100+ years ago.
    I like the fact the show tries to explain the technology in more detail then we were ever taught in school. I personally liked the first 2 seasons a little more then more recent episodes as I feel those shows were more toward the technology and less about egos. Hopefully Wild West Tech will return next fall as at 40, I am still willing to learn..
  • One of the best shows to come around about the wild west.

Wild west tech has the most info available for that crazy time more then 100 years ago.It has so much information throughout its 35 episodes you will learn where a lot of modern technology comes from.Not only does it have a lot about technology but also about the people who lived back then and the things they went through.All the main gunfighters and some unknowns too.Freakshows I and II were cool ones.They call it the wild west for a reason.If you thought you knew a lot about the wild west think again,this show will show you a lot of cool stuff.The host is spot on too along with the paceing and feel of the entire show.There is so much to say so i will just leave it to you to go and find the dvds and check them out.if your a fan of the wild west,history or just good entertainment this show will deliver.Basically this is one of my favorite shows ever and always will be.Its too bad this is not on the air any more because it is very good.Maybe the history channel will let another channel have it on or something because they won't sell many more dvds without people seeing it.