Wildfire Forums

ABC Family (ended 2008)

The Unwritten Rule

Marchriska4Eva

[1]May 18, 2008
    • level: 7

Ok People, it's Marchriska4Eva... I know I said that I wasn't going to write on this board again, but I just had to voice my opinion somewhere.... While I haven't been watching the show since it came back on (because I'm a Kris/Matt fan and I refuse to see Kris with Junior and Matt heartbroken... plus it's gotten annoying), it has been under my skin. I've always felt I've had a good read on situations like these and I've realizeed where most of my annoyances about the show come from... THEY BROKE THE UNWRITTEN RULE!!!

Hear me out... I would not have ANY type of problem with Junior and Kris being together because I'm a romantic and have ALWAYS believed in finding true love... the thing is THE UNWRITTEN RULE WAS BROKEN!! When Pablo brought Kris home, it was love at first sight for Matt, that was obvious, and Junior clearly found her attractive. STOP RIGHT THERE!!

Unwritten Rule #1: NEVER go after your best friend's girl!!! - Junior broke that rule. He knew Matt liked her and when Dani forced him on her, he went. And while it may have turned into something real, it started out shallow. And while Kris technically wasn't Matt's girl, he clearly had feelings for her that Junior ignored. And so Matt was forced to step aside and deal with the fact that his so called "best friend" snagged his crush. Fast forward to season 3, when Matt is now with Gillian. Kris, not used to Matt's attention being focused on anyone but her, takes note and decides, "I think I might want him now."

Unwritten Rule #2: DON'T lead vulnerable people on!!! - Kris broke this rule. Kris knew that Matt was in love with her and if she was in ANY way unsure about how she was feeling, she never should have done anything. The fact that she was scared to tell Junior said it all!! Now poor Matt is left out in the dust, literally, with the girl that he loves engaged to the guy he would usually confide in.

My point is, if Kris and Junior are truly in love, then that's fine, good for them. But I'm pissed at the fact that innocent Matt had to get caught up in everything, got betrayed and had his feelings hurt. If Kris and Junior were meant to be, I think that it should have happened without it being at Matt's expense. There is still a way to have drama and suspense without comepletely destroying some of the people involved.

Any thoughts?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

honeydew52

[2]May 18, 2008
    • level: 6
    I completely and totally agree...I loved Kris w/ Matt but she's just been stomping on his heart the entire time and it sucks. He's always been there for her and Jr has had some growing up to do. Her flip-flopping is just messed up. In my opinion...she doesn't deserve either one.

krunior4evr

[3]May 19, 2008
    • level: 2
    Marchriska4Eva wrote:

Ok People, it's Marchriska4Eva... I know I said that I wasn't going to write on this board again, but I just had to voice my opinion somewhere.... While I haven't been watching the show since it came back on (because I'm a Kris/Matt fan and I refuse to see Kris with Junior and Matt heartbroken... plus it's gotten annoying), it has been under my skin. I've always felt I've had a good read on situations like these and I've realizeed where most of my annoyances about the show come from... THEY BROKE THE UNWRITTEN RULE!!!

Hear me out... I would not have ANY type of problem with Junior and Kris being together because I'm a romantic and have ALWAYS believed in finding true love... the thing is THE UNWRITTEN RULE WAS BROKEN!! When Pablo brought Kris home, it was love at first sight for Matt, that was obvious, and Junior clearly found her attractive. STOP RIGHT THERE!!

Unwritten Rule #1: NEVER go after your best friend's girl!!! - Junior broke that rule. He knew Matt liked her and when Dani forced him on her, he went. And while it may have turned into something real, it started out shallow. And while Kris technically wasn't Matt's girl, he clearly had feelings for her that Junior ignored. And so Matt was forced to step aside and deal with the fact that his so called "best friend" snagged his crush. Fast forward to season 3, when Matt is now with Gillian. Kris, not used to Matt's attention being focused on anyone but her, takes note and decides, "I think I might want him now."

Unwritten Rule #2: DON'T lead vulnerable people on!!! - Kris broke this rule. Kris knew that Matt was in love with her and if she was in ANY way unsure about how she was feeling, she never should have done anything. The fact that she was scared to tell Junior said it all!! Now poor Matt is left out in the dust, literally, with the girl that he loves engaged to the guy he would usually confide in.

My point is, if Kris and Junior are truly in love, then that's fine, good for them. But I'm pissed at the fact that innocent Matt had to get caught up in everything, got betrayed and had his feelings hurt. If Kris and Junior were meant to be, I think that it should have happened without it being at Matt's expense. There is still a way to have drama and suspense without comepletely destroying some of the people involved.

Any thoughts?

Hello agian!!
    I understand where your coming from. As you probebly remeber that I am for Kris/Junior. And I DO see were your coming from. Yet agian, I have to slightly diasagree. I, did not see the the whole "love at first sight" thing with Matt. Yet! I DID see the whole "Hot working girl living in a trailer" thing. The vunerable point can go either way. Yes, Matt was vunerable, but so was Kris and so was Junior (upset with the breaking up with Kris).

I totally understand that Matt has had his feeling hurt, crushed, broken, but can't you see that so did Junior and Kris? It is a shame that Matt had to get hurt through everything because he's an AWESOME character. There was this quote that I found and it was "You can't help you you fall for." I thought that was quite sutible for Wildfire. I truly believe that Matt did fall for Kris, but Kris and Junior are meant for each other, and Matt will find someone else to make him happy, he really deserves it. Im glad you posted this, Ive missed our friendly debates.

SerenaDragonfly

[4]May 20, 2008
    • level: 4
    You know you're right about those being the unwritten rules, but I think thats why I like Wildfire so much. The writers set it up to make viewers think Kris would get with Matt and then made her get with Junior. It was an unlikely pairing because Junior was a shallow person at the beginning of the show who was only interested in Kris because she was the hott new girl. When Junior and Kris first got together I kept expecting for him to do something stupid and then for Matt to sweep in, console her and then together they would heal each other of past hurts and become a couple, but the chemistry created between Kris and Junior was still there. Sometimes you can't follow the rules when it comes to love, love doesn't follow all the rules. Junior entered a relationship with Kris for wrong reasons, but he did fall for her and he fell for her hard.

Joey_Jojo07

[5]May 20, 2008
    • level: 8

All television writers break the unwritten rule when it comes to love triangles between best friends. Betrayal and love sell television shows that involve young adults. Both Junior and Matt broke this rule, so in a way you can say they're even. Kris shouldn't have come between both men, and both men shouldn't have let Kris come between them. Those are two other rules broken, yet they're not touched upon.

krunior4evr

[6]May 20, 2008
    Joey_Jojo07 wrote:

All television writers break the unwritten rule when it comes to love triangles between best friends. Betrayal and love sell television shows that involve young adults. Both Junior and Matt broke this rule, so in a way you can say they're even. Kris shouldn't have come between both men, and both men shouldn't have let Kris come between them. Those are two other rules broken, yet they're not touched upon.

I agree with you. In the end it is just television. And the unwritten rules are ALWAYS broken, not just on Wildfire.

charmed05

[7]May 21, 2008
    • level: 15

I DISAGREE. Junior saw her first! Junior did not betray Matt. Matt betrays junior.

Unwritten Rule #2: DON'T lead vulnerable people on!!! What rule is that? I'm practically a tv couple expert. I disagree, Kris and Junior belong together! Dani was the right choice! Kris was not Matt's girl!

Kris is NOT flip flopping! Junior was not shallow. Matt is the shallow one kind of, hot new girl cuz he and dani had broken up. Junior had many girls obviously, so I'm sure that's why you think he was shallow but it doesn't mean your right.

Edited on 05/21/2008 3:56pm
    Edited 2 total times.

krunior4evr

[8]May 22, 2008
    charmed05 wrote:

I DISAGREE. Junior saw her first! Junior did not betray Matt. Matt betrays junior.

Unwritten Rule #2: DON'T lead vulnerable people on!!! What rule is that? I'm practically a tv couple expert. I disagree, Kris and Junior belong together! Dani was the right choice! Kris was not Matt's girl!

Kris is NOT flip flopping! Junior was not shallow. Matt is the shallow one kind of, hot new girl cuz he and dani had broken up. Junior had many girls obviously, so I'm sure that's why you think he was shallow but it doesn't mean your right.

THANK YOU!!! EVERYTHING YOU SAID IS TOTALLY HOW I FEEL!! EVERYTHING IT TRUE! IM SO GLAD YOU PUT WHAT I WANTED TO SAY IN WORDS!! THANK YOU MUCH!

charmed05

[9]May 23, 2008
    • level: 15
    no problem