Wildfire Forums

ABC Family (ended 2008)

Time

HappyGirl818

[1]Aug 4, 2007
    • level: 10

I was just wondering how much time has passed between season 1 and season 3. Since none of the characters go to school and there are no holidays it's hard to tell. I remember Matt telling Gillian sometime in season 3 about how he's known Kris for a very long time. On an estimation how much time do you think has passed since the show began?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

krisnjunior

[2]Aug 4, 2007
    • level: 5
    not that long, i would assume. each season goes end to end (as opposed to a show that has like a year bewteen the seasons so it's like "and a year later" type thing) They started in high school, probably seniors, and although they never actually formally graduated, i'm assuming they did. and then i think kris hasn't been there for too many Kentucky Derby's, so i'm thinking it couldn't have been more than 2 years (the first year she didn't really ride so the Kentucky Derby wouldn't have been a big deal for any of them yet because they didn't have many horses winning) mayyyybe 3. what do you all think?

HappyGirl818

[3]Aug 8, 2007
    Yeah I was thinking somewhere between two to three years. How much of that time do you think she was dating Junior? It sure didn't seem like that long!

krisnjunior

[4]Aug 8, 2007
    yeah, totally, it was half of season 1, so like 8 episodes, and at like 3 or 4 days an episode (totally guessing here) i would say she dated him for only like a month? no way, it has to be longer! that's so short....lol. okay so at a week an episode, i'd say like 2 months, wow, that's short. am i somewhat even vaguely close, you think? lol

HappyGirl818

[5]Aug 8, 2007
    Yeah I think your probably about right. It couldn't have been more than a few months. They really didn't actually date for that long, but all through out season 2 & 3 Junior pined for Kris. Wow poor Junior that's a lot of pining. I hope when season 4 comes around that when Junior and Kris get back together (it has to happen! As we've established the writers have made us wait long enough!) that Junior doesn't get back together with Kris right away and make her pine a little. It only seems fair. lol.

krisnjunior

[6]Aug 9, 2007
    yeah, totally, she so deserves it right now (i just hope she actually does pine for and i hope she doesn't just go "i'm not getting my way right this second so i'm gonna move on" because that would SUCK!)

HappyGirl818

[7]Aug 9, 2007

Yeah that would be terrible. I really want to see Kris chase Junior for a while instead of Junior chasing Kris. That seems to be the never ending pattern in their relationship. I never disliked Kris as much as she did this past season due to her treatment of Junior. She treats him like some little toy she likes to play with for a while and then when she gets bored she just tosses it aside. Well I guess that might be a little harsh, but Kris really bugged me this season, but I do think she's redeemable.

Were you annoyed that Kris said she couldn't be with Junior because she had to so what was right for her family and then she got together with Matt? What could be better for her family then her and Matt breaking up and making things all awkward? That just really didn't make sense to me.

krisnjunior

[8]Aug 10, 2007

yeah totally (and once again, only us...lol) but i totally HATED Kris this season and that is really weird becuase i like LOVE her to death but she totally bugged me. lol.

i was totally annoyed when they broke up becuase she said that! (by the way, one of my favorite episodes, because they got together and then the break up scene was really good acting even if it was the worst writing EVER!) i did not get it! and anyways, when she realized that what Junior did (accidentally stealing Tina from her "family"-which dumped her the next year)was on accident and caused her to start her jockeying career, she should have knelt at his feet. lol. but seriuosly, he did all this for her, and she just goes and throws it all away in the Season 3 finale. she was protecting her family by breaking up with JUnior and then they dumped her becuase of one mistake (although i do believe she deserved it, she had still done so much for them) and then it's like, why even break up with Junior, let's go back in time, keep dating Junior, get rid of the Ritter's and move into an apartment with Junior and live happily ever after (well, then they'd have to change the name because Kris wouldn't be riding wildfire...so ummm, they can jsut call it i dunno but lol....)

Edited on 08/10/2007 8:12am

HappyGirl818

[9]Aug 11, 2007

Kris broke up with Junior because she thought it would be best for the Ritters. I hope she realizes next season that Junior is more like her family then the Ritters. Even though what Kris did was bad families are suppose to forgive each other and work it out, and what happens to Kris, she gets thrown out. When Junior has always been there for Kris and chose her over his own family, and not to mention forgives her for the way she treats him. That seems more like a family then what has happened with the Ritters I just hope Kris will be able to see that.

krisnjunior

[10]Aug 11, 2007
    yeah, seriously. he gave up his family for her, and it was his REAL family. seems like he is more dedicated than she is (oh wow, really? lol, seriously, it's like she doesn't even care about him, but she does)...yeah, they sohludn't have thrown her out if she were really looked at like family. if anything, so should Jean, she screwed the family more than Kris. what Kris did was dangerous and illegal (but it didn't effect the Ritter's much in the end, except that they lost their best rider....) while Jean sold ALL the horses, which really effected the Ritter's, seeing as they have half of Wildfire (which isn't going to bring in that much now) and a bunch of land they can't use (becuase the could have sold like 15 acres or whatever, a SMALL chunk of land, but no, Jean had to keep her precious land and sell thier money-makers..lol. doesn't make sense to me...lol)