Wilfred (Australia) Forums

SBS One (ended 2010)

What does everyone think?

theprincess181

[1]Mar 28, 2007
    • level: 14

So what does everyone think?

I'm loving it so far. What a fantastic original idea. A talking dog! Well, the original part being that the dog is a man in a dog costume. Wilfred is so funny. I love how Wilfred is constantly scheming to get Adam to do his bidding all behing Sarah's back.

I hope it does well. The only problem is that not many watch SBS to even know about Wilfred.

Wilfred the pot smoking, beer drinking, dvd watching, pizza eating naughty boy! Go get 'em boy!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

mataletea

[2]Apr 2, 2007
    • level: 15

I definately agree. I first heard about the show a few months back and have been intrigued with it ever since.

SBS gave the shows creators total control, something that would never of happened on one of the bigger networks. Although the viewership will be lower on SBS at least we will be able to see their vision without the networks meddling with the show to suit themselves.

theprincess181

[3]Apr 2, 2007
    • level: 14

It's just such a shame that great Australian talent can't fully flex their creative ideas on commercial TV. And that they don't get the recognition they deserve. Adam Zwar is a very funny and intelligent man. I really enjoyed his columns in the Sunday Herald Sun. I also thought Jason Gann was great in The Wedge.

It reminds me of Chris Lilley's show 'We can be Heroes'in the sense that nobody was watching it at first because it was on the ABC. I remember Chris' character "Jai'me" was on the radio and people were ringing up incensed about how this 'school girl' was speaking of her mother. Haha. People honestly believed that this grown man was a teenage girl! It was brilliant! Maybe Wilfred and Adam need to get on a radio chat show to advertise themselves as well.

BTW last night's show 'The Dogs of War' was fantastic. I was killing myself laughing! It's just getting better with every episode.

boupas

[4]Jul 28, 2007
    • level: 11

To like this show, i think we need to smoke before... It's not a so great show (very to long) a good show to fall asleep, but with a good ideas.

And I must desagree with you, I think the show would have been better on a big network, having an experienced team with them would have help a lot.

djboy76

[5]Apr 28, 2010
    • level: 15

Sorry, but I absolutely disagree with you about having it on a larger network. The money and support of a large backer would be nice, but the trade-off is that the large networks don't do "edgy", and Wilfred (the show) is edgy, and needs to be. Otherwise it would just look like a talking Humphrey B. Bear. Wilfred (the dog) would no longer do pot, smoke or swear, and those are just the first things that are guaranteed to be removed - there would certainly be more sanitizing required before they would let it air on a commercial network. Take a look around at how unimaginative most of their programming is. It's "reality" shows, imported cop and hospital shows, and for variety, constant re-runs of 2.5 Men on Nine. They don't take chances. And Wilfred needs to be on a network that will take chances.

BTW, the so-called "family" groups need to be burned with fire after being shot in the head. Finally, something on TV that I'm happy for my tax dollars to fund. They get (got) some production funding from the government for Wilfred, and some utter loser freaks chucked a tanty over it. I'm so, so, so sick of "families" being not just #1 priority on any list, but the ONLY thing on any list. I want some programming that *I* want to watch, and it's not the dreck that gets called "family-friendly". Any time I see that label, I know I will not enjoy it and refused to watch it. Just like the wonderful new ratings system. V, S, L, A, D is a great "star" system. MA15+: A/S/L/D = a 4 star show. PG: A... eh. 1 star, possibly bearable. If it's "G" or "PG" with no warnings, zero stars, I won't go near it cos there's nothing in it for me.

Anyway, Wilfred: a winner. Clever, disturbing, mind-bending and funny all at once.