Will & Grace

Alive And Schticking

Aired Monday 9:30 PM Sep 29, 2005 on NBC

• This episode is a big step for Sit-Coms. Realizing that actors are having as much fun creating the show as you are watching it, creates certain chemistry which cannot be created otherwise.

I am a great Sit-Com fan. There were good ones and bad ones. More or less funny, they were all made by the same pattern. They were filmed, edited, mastered and finally, presented as a product that was thrashing the deep down soul of comedy and acting.
    Even though Will & Grace is not one of my favorite comedy shows, this episode has made me laugh more than any other. Realizing that actors are having as much fun creating the show as you are watching it, creates certain chemistry which cannot be created otherwise.
    There is a reason why people still visit theatre. This is it. Knowing that its live and that anything can happen. Knowing that actors will have to improvise at some point and that it's never the same.
    That's why I think this is a gigantic step and a big break in Sit-Com production. Why don't producers just let it be pure acting? Why don't you just televise theatre to us? I don't see why not, with the exception of perhaps making us laugh to tears...