Will & Grace

All About Christmas Eve

Aired Monday 9:30 PM Dec 12, 2002 on NBC

• Jack, Karen and Will spend Christmas Eve together at the Plaza while Leo and Grace try to go to "The Nutcracker".

Will has nowhere to spend Christmas Eve so Jack and Karen invite him to spend the evening with them at the Plaza. Leo and Grace also planned to go, but a Patient of Leo's gave him tickets to "The Nutcracker". Once Leo gets pulled back to the hospital, Grace asks Will to go. Then Leo shows up, and leaves again, where once again Grace asks Will to be her date, where once again, Leo shows up. Meanwhile, Jack and Karen and up to their usual jokes to the poor service personnel at the hotel.

Both story lines in this episode are not forced and are quite well-written. There are many great one-liners and felt like a tried and true Will and Grace episode.

Karen and Jack's time together at Christmas is just what we'd imagine it to be - crass, funny and classic Karen and Jack. It fun to see Will set sucked into their world.

The Will and Grace story line is a long-time coming. Grace is married and Will is not getting the same amount of time with Grace as he's used to. Grace is her usual self-absorbed self by making both Will and her husband run back and forth to be her date at the show.

The best jokes of the night? Will's bow "It was a more festive message." Jack's "I don't want Santa to think I have small feet." Grace's "Your nose is so red you could guide my sleigh tonight." and Leo's "You don't want to miss the almonds and pecans battling for the city of Macadamia. I have no idea what this show's about."

Great moments include the caroling to the maids and room service staff and Will reciting "The Night Before Christmas" with ever 5th word being "hiney" and the groups carol with everyone that runs under the credits.

The only down-side to this episode is Leo. Harry Connick, Jr. just doesn't have the acting chops the rest of the crew does.