Will & Grace

Bathroom Humor

Aired Monday 9:30 PM Jan 12, 2006 on NBC

• a perfect opportunity to get ratings higher, but i don't think it really worked

i love w&g, but this was really bottom of the barrel. the bathroom fight scene was unnecessary and cliche, it was not need, and it really wasn't that funny. it's like they were trying too hard to get ratings, so hard in fact that the live audience really didn't even laugh that much. if you notice during the curtain calls the audience wasn't even as crazy then.

a great show, that could've done a lot better for a live episode
  • The second live episode of the series.

6.8
    This is the second live episode of the series and though neither one was really to integral to the plot I still gotta say that they were both good, particularly this one because of all the physical comedy. Eric (Will), Sean (Jack), and Debra (Grace) enagage in some pretty serious fighting which leads to some even more serious fighting where they attack eachother with various bathrooms products. They all had to have some serious stones to do this live, too. I mean considering how hard it can be to keep a straight face when you are performing normal comedy or even when you forget a line imagine how hard it must be to keep a straight face with baby powder in your face and tampons in your hair, as Debra had to do. Bravo to all. Even Matt Lauer, who made a very small cameo.
  • A party that goes all wrong.

7.1
    I do not like the Will & Grace live shows. For some reason i do not kind them funny at all. it may be that i am so caught up waiting for a mess up of some sort or something like that, i may miss alot. I am not sure of the reason, but i do not get the live show craze.
  • I had fun watching it, I must admit. But there were some painful moments to watch.

7.6
    Let's start with the good parts.

I loved that Karen buys Costco shampoo. I also thought it was funny that Grace squirted her own face. I could only wonder how they got the bathroom set to be clean so quickly. Karen did not want to invite the other three because she her real birthday is eating with her friends at the resaturant...that was kinda sweet, but why throw the party if she didn't care for it?

Now here are the bad parts.

The food fight...or toiletries fight...thing seems very overdone. But it was pretty fun to watch, nevertheless. The problem was the way they got to the fight. Grace calls Will a "pompous boar"...with very few laughs from the audience...and then does it again in a more exagerated way...and the audience has to chuckle lightly just to get it over with. The timing that Will picks up the dish of powder and throws it was way off, reducing the surprise effect of the whole thing.

The guest stars were not hilarious, and I knew Matt Lauer would pee sitting down just as he said he had to tinkle, but it was an appropriate joke.
  • Live episodes are a novelty and provide the opportunity for fans to see the human side of the W&G stars, pity about the lack of special celebrity guests given the way the script was written

Whilst the ‘live’ episodes are a novelty and I enjoyed this one, every now and then would suffice, I wouldn’t want to see ‘live’ episodes appear more frequently as they don't have as much pizazz as a normal episode. On the up side you can see the human side of the actors as they try to keep their composure, this episode filmed entirely in the bathroom is classic W&G, full of light humour. It would have been nice to have written in a few of the special celebrity guests that were at Karen’s party just to add to the realism of the episode.
  • Special 'live' episode. Karens birthday party, Will Grave and Jack find out they've never been incited to any of her secret birthday parties before this.

Actually quite good, all the actors seem to know what they are doing and having it live makes the jokes even funnier. The goofs are really quite humourous too. I think that over the time that the show has been on the actors know their chracters so well that live episodes are not a problem.
  • Very special episode

I like how they are doing live shows their final year. Why not go out with a bang I guess? Anyway, this episode was a classic to me. They all syaed well in character and didn't forget any of the dialogue throught the show. They almost lost it once, but they managed to hold it together. I think they deserve props on a job well done!
  • The show, which has always been a farce, now takes on the limitations of a stage farce, with excellent results.

I have always thought that Will & Grace was basically a farce, with unusual plotlines and witty one-liners. In this live show the actors are limited to one set. As such it looks like a stage farce (including the constantly walking in and out of doors). The writers were forced to write longer scenes, which greatly benefits the show. (One of the irritating elements of the post-Seinfeld sitcoms is this habit of writing incredibly short scenes.)

The actors seem to enjoy the experience as well. Miss Messing has some trouble keeping a straight face, but no-one makes the mistake of playing too much to the audience.

In a weak season this episode stands out even more.
  • this would have been one of the best Will & Grace episodes yet

Bathroom Humor would have been one of the most funniest episodes of will and grace yet. it made me cry of laughter. it was the second of the two live episode but Erik McCormack, Debra Messing, Megan Mullally, Sean Hayes and Shelly Morrison really held it together even though they laughed at each other when they probably weren't supposed to but the still made it through the episode and made it one of the funnest episodes of will and grace up to the end. i was so glad though that Will & Grace had some live episodes before it finished. i miss Will & Grace.
  • How is this not in the top ten?

I love Will & Grace it always cheers me up when Im sad. I never really got to see the show when it aired cuz i was the age og 4 to 12 when it was on, but now that im older ive bought all the seasons, and I watch them on a loop religiously, but ive been avoiding season 8 because i didnt want to see it end, but I finally got up the courage to put it in, and start, and the first live episode was terrific, and when i say this episode start the way it did, i almost, as Matt Lauer would say, tinkled myself. I was so happy it was another live episode. It was funny right off the bat with Karen mocking her party goers. It had the natural charm that comes with every episode of Will & Grace, but it also had that kind of funny physical comedy to it, that hasn't really been done well since I Love Lucy. This episode showed that if you want to see ridiculous people in ridiculous situations (I mean that with love) You don't have to tune into the Disney Channel. I loved this episode Love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love LOVE this episode (Sorry I had to stale at the beginning and use the word love so many times, tv.com is making me do 200 word minimums now instead of 100.
  • When you gotta go, you gotta go.

Karen hosts a party for her birthday. As usual, it's high class all the way-- and that's not the only thing that's high.

Karen's well-meaning but inept friends don't know how to act and just embarrass themselves to ever greater degrees. When the wheels come off, they head for that universal symbol of solace, the bathroom.

Soon the washroom becomes a party of its own, as everybody and their sister winds up in there. Tensions flare and the talcum powder flies.

This is the second time in the eighth season that the show was done live, in two sessions, one for East Coast viewers and one for those in the West.

The powder fight alone is worth the price of admission. It's a very funny episode, and one of the highlights of the final year.
  • Hilarious episode!

yeah, so this was just a hilarious episode of will and grace. I couldn't really stop laughing and I think it would be too hard not to laugh.

I loved how it was a live episode, so all the mistakes were showed. I just hope that they release both episodes of the live version (east and west coast i think) on dvd because I know they changed some of the jokes and I really would like to see the whole episode.

None of Eric McCormack, Debra Messing, Sean Hayes, or Megan Mullally could keep a straight face. Hilarious, just plain hilaious!!!
  • This is one of the most memorable episodes of the series with an I Love Lucy-esque confrontation between the gang!

"Bathroom Humor," the second live episode of the 8-year run of Will & Grace, is a fine example of great physical comedy. The actors nailed their lines perfectly (especially for a live episode) and their interactions with each other were hilariously harmonious. This show is at its best when it spotlights the four main cast members and allows them to display their talent by working as an ensemble, much like another series classic, "Bed, Bath and Beyond" from season 4, and this episode is even more impressive in that it was performed live before a studio audience and millions of television viewers. Cooping up the characters in a bathroom is a perfect way to ensure such a laugh-fest!