A Will & Grace Community
NBC (ended 2006)

THESE BAD STORYLINES WERE BROKEN

... Breaking Bad didn't achieve greatness just by being awesome all the time, it had to know when it was being bad. Creator Vince Gilligan and a few fellow producers recounted a few ideas they had for the show that never made it to the screen... and it's a good thing they didn't. Several of them—including a series of flashbacks to Frontier-era Albuquerque that would make no sense and Marie shooting a guy—were pretty silly. [Entertainment Weekly]

BUSINESS TIME

... HBO has slapped a premiere near-date on a show that I'm totallllllly excited for, True Detective, narrowing it down from "sometime in your lifetime" to "January 2014." True Detective stars good ol' boys Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey as detectives who track a serial killer over a 17-year period, and their story will be told through time jumps between 1995 and 2012. The first official trailer will debut this Sunday, but let's take a look at now at the teaser that was released a few months ago. [Deadline Hollywood]

... Cinemax is dipping into the past and will air Strike Back: Origins (originally called Chris Ryan's Strike Back), the British series that kicked off the Strike Back franchise. All six episodes will air starting October 25 in the same time slot Strike Back currently holds (Fridays, 10pm) once the third season concludes. Richard Armitage (The Hobbit) and a younger Andrew Lincoln (The Walking Dead) star(red). [Cinemax via press release]

... Last night's debuts of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and The League on new network FXX weren't that bad considering viewers hardly know that FXX even existed. Sunny's Season 9 premiere drew 757,000 viewers, down from about a million from last year, and The League's Season 5 opener nabbed 786,000 viewers, down from the 910,000. FXX is currently in 26 million fewer homes than FX, which means these numbers are pretty good. Especially since people were probably hunting down FXX on their cable guides as the shows were airing. [FXX via press release]

... WEtv will bring repeats of Will & Grace into its fold just in time for the iconic series' 15th anniversary. Starting September 22, there will be a great chance that if you turn on WEtv, you will see Debra Messing, Eric McCormack, Megan Mullally, and Sean Hayes doing their thing as Will & Grace practically takes over the network. An all-day marathon will run September 22, and the network will reserve 5pm to 8pm on weekdays and "all night" on Tuesdays for Will & Grace reruns. That is a lot of Will & Grace. [WEtv via press release]

... Alec Baldwin has been named host of a new MSNBC series that looks at current events and culture happenings. Up Late With Alec Baldwin will air at 10pm on Fridays. [Deadline Hollywood]

... Animal Planet has renewed My Cat From Hell for a fifth season, giving hope to weirdos with odd facial hair who carry cat toys in guitar cases everywhere. [Deadline Hollywood]

CASTING NEWS

... Alyssa Milano of Mistresses is your new host of Project Runway All-Stars, which heads into its third season October 24 on Lifetime. [Zap2It]

... Syfy's Defiance has added a pair of actors to its Season 2 cast, but neither will spend much time in the makeup chair because they're both playing humans. William Atherton (the smarmy bad guy in Ghostbusters) takes on the role of Earth Republic official Viceroy Mercado, an old-school hardass who's fond of dated (for them; current for us) Earth references. Canadian actress Anna Hopkins will play an Earth Republic soldier named Jessica Rai, and she'll quickly get mixed up in a love triangle. Defiance's second season is scheduled for a June 2014 launch. [Syfy via press release] 

... Keith "The Voice" David will lend his larynx to ABC's Once Upon a Time in Wonderland. He'll meow as the Cheshire Cat. [TV Line]

SCALPING BAD

... How badly would you want to go see the finale of Breaking Bad with Aaron Paul in a cemetery? It only cost someone $1,000. [ebay]

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 5/18/2006

Season 8 : Episode 99

33 Comments
Comments (46)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
True Detective looks like it has the potential to be great. Please put the pilot (link) in one of these articles once the pilot is released.
Flag
Staff
Not another detective show.....but its on HBO? You have my interest.
but seriously, more shows about lawyers. Kidding.
Flag
True Detective looks good, but unfortunately it's on HBO...

I can't wait for OUATIW!
Flag
True Detective sounds fucking awesome on the talent alone.
I love Alyssa so much I might tune into PR:AS for the first time, it hasn't really appealed to me before.
Flag
Keith David as the voice of anything is a great thing!
I really want to read the Breaking Bad storylines, but afraid of being spoiled. Someone please give me the ok if it is good to read!
Flag
UK News Brief: Orphan Black finally has a premier date on BBC Three, it's the 20th of September at 9 pm, which is about bloody time if you ask me. It seems like I've been waiting forever for this.
Flag
Turnabout is fair play, I say. We Yanks have to wait months for BBC's shows to cross the pond. 😉
Flag
Hmm.... is True Detective an unofficial prequel and/or sequel to True Blood?
Flag
Is True Detective going to be a mini series?
Flag
Staff
"The Fall" is a mini-series. Detective-Noir-y. Highly recommend it. On Netflix Instant.
Flag
Oh snap, Woody and McConaughey? NIIIIICE. HBO? Damnit, so close.

"Weren't that bad" says the guy quoting numbers low enough for the cast to personally visit every viewer and thank them. I truly don't understand why FX(X) decided to sit on their dicks in the marketing push for their new network, do they want it to come off as viral viewing? I found out it was airing and on what channel 2 days in advance from a lucky ad, what the hell is that.

I dig Alec Baldwin, but just... no.
Flag
lucky for me (and many others) that FXX was at least available in the homes of some scene groups.

I haven't checked out the trailer but it looks like woody might be wearing a rug? i'll never understand mens' reluctance to just shave their head when their down to their last few strands (assuming he is as well). hell he could just look back at his natural born killers self to know he can pull it off.

despite not being crazy whatsoever about OUAT and feeling like they'll probably ruin on of my all time favorite universes, I do plan on trying OUAT:W and adding keith david and the cheshire cat are some surefire ways to garner my interest.

Flag
He plays it bald today, but typically hair style is the only way to show age difference when using the same actor across decades.
Flag
The most disturbing news item is that 1995 was SEVENTEEN FREAKING YEARS AGO??? I remember 1995. Time to die of old age, bye everyone.
Flag
FXX is a subscription channel on my system. Why waste the money on something I'm never going to watch.
Flag
Because you might miss something that FX or Comedy Central will be airing reruns of in a year. Oh, that's not a reason.
Flag
I'm gonna defiantly check out true detective
Flag
This is the first I am hearing about True Detective, but if Woody Harrelson is in it then sign me up! Also, moving Sunny to FXX was a stupid idea. Now they will cancel the show and blame it for it's own low ratings even though Stevie Wonder could have seen that moving an established show to a new network with stupid, seizure inducing backgrounds and logos was a bad idea. It took me 5 minutes just to find the dang thing! I mean, who scrolls that far down the channel directory? There's nothing down there!
Flag
It's Always Sunny is basically already on fumes anyway, it wasn't that challenging a move. It'll be harder on the other shows with less-established fanbases and far less buzz. Oh wait, there's only 3 other original shows coming over, so "fuck 'em" I guess is their policy.
Flag
also FXX is wanting to fill out it's ranks with all of the shows it can I'd imagine so cancelling anything is probably not in the cards currently.
Flag
Sunny's already on it's way out.
Flag
If you're talking about that Rolling Stone article where Glenn Howerton was misquoted in saying that season 10 was the final season. Its not necessarily true, he was misquoted. Him and the cast are open for more seasons, it just depends on how FXX is fairing. And with the ratings of season 9 being pretty good, given the lack of homes that actually have FXX. I'd bet on a season 11
Flag
way to go Cinemax, it's only taken you 3 years to air the first season of a show you started airing the 2nd of! I personally think they should've aired Strike Back in the weeks leading up to the "first" season of the Cinemax version and then used the original UK subtitles ("Project Dawn," "Vengeance," and "Shadow Warfare") for each season like Spartacus did, since Strike Back is basically a new series with new storylines each time, just using the same people... at least the US is finally getting it, even though calling it Strike Back: Origins is utterly ridiculous.
Flag
I don't know why they are bothering with it at all. Tonally, it's a completely different show.
Flag
The main difference is that there are no boobs and butts in season 1.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members