A Will & Grace Community
Thursday 8:00 PM on NBC (Returning Fall 2017)

KAREN SAVES THE WORLD NEWS

... You knew it would happen sooner or later. There will be a Will & Grace reunion on NBC's Sean Saves the World. Megan Mullally, who played Karen on the groundbreaking sitcom, will join the plain-broken sitcom as the sister of Sean (Sean Hayes). Look for Mullally in the 17th episode of Sean Saves the World, but in order to do that, you'd have to actually watch the show so maybe just forget about it. [TV Line]

BUSINESS TIME

... VH1 has acquired the rights to all 57 episodes of Happy Endings, ABC's sitcom that was adored by many and not watched by many more. All three seasons will be part of a New Year's Eve marathon starting at 8pm, and VH1 has set aside Wednesday nights from 7-9pm to air it regularly. You will also be able to watch Happy Endings on demand through the VH1 app and on TV Everywhere. [VH1 via press release]

... Go ahead and pop the question to that girl or guy you just met. Divorce Court has been renewed through 2015. [Variety]

... Justified teaser!

... NBC will re-air its Sound of Music Live special this Saturday from 8-11pm because the network loves the crap out of this thing. Its initial broadcast drew 18.6 million viewers and scored NBC's best Thursday in almost a decade. The movie It's a Wonderful Life, previously scheduled for the time period, will now air the following Friday. [Deadline Hollywood

... Syfy will air a Season 3 marathon of Being Human on December 30 starting at *gulp* 8am and running 'til 3am to get you all prepared for the Season 4 premiere in January 13. And to get 2014 started right, the network will air a Twilight Zone marathon starting December 31 at 8am and crossing the finish line on January 1 at 4:30am. And if you like your Christmas Day with a helping of cheese, Syfy will air original movies Snowmageddon, Ice Quake, Snow Beast, and Yeti starting at 9am on December 25. [Syfy via press release]

CASTING ROUNDUP

... Captain Donald Cragen is hangin' 'em up. Actor Dann Florek is leaving Law & Order: SVU after playing Cragen for SVU's entire 15-season run. He also appeared on Law & Order from 1990-1993. Florek has already shot his final season and his exit will appear later this season. This is the second major cast member to bail on the show this season. Richard Belzer departed earlier this season. [E! Online]

... You and I can simply tweet out how much we love a show and then expect a phone call for an audition on said show, but guys like Suits' Patrick J. Adams can. After fawning over BBC America's Orphan Black, Adams finds himself guest starring on the totally good sci-fi drama. He'll play a guy whose life goes topsy-turvy when he meets the clones. [Deadline Hollywood]

... Gossip Girl's Patrick Heusinger has landed the lead in NBC's sci-fi pilot Tin Man. He'll play a robot that's accused of the murder of his maker. [Deadline Hollywood]

... Mom has a dad! The CBS sitcom has cast Kevin Pollak (The Usual Suspects) as the father of Anna Faris' character Christy who abandoned her mom (Allison Janney) way back when she was giving birth to Christy. He'll appear in a January episode and could come back for more. [THR]  

... Former So You Think You Can Dance judge and director Adam Shankman has checked himself into rehab. [US Magazine]

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 5/18/2006

Season 8 : Episode 99

40 Comments
Comments (40)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
such a shame

hopefully we'll still see the episode with Megan Mullaly
Flag
It makes me uncool, but I don't care. I find Sean Saves the World funny. There, I said it.
Flag
No one else excited for Justfied? Sure it was a teaser but it's got me fired up for Season 5!
Flag
No thanks NBC -- I have 'Sound of Music' on Blu-Ray, and I'll watch 'It's a Wonderful Life --uninterrupted--on DVD. BTW, there's actually a Blu-Ray version of IAWL...why, I have no idea.

And all-time best line from Captain Cragen: "That might've helped your case if you hadn't been so ass-reamingly wrong!"
Flag
Why would NBC air It's a Wonderful Life 2 weeks before Christmas? That's just stupid, it's not like they're chock full of great programming the week before Christmas, and now that It's a Wonderful Life isn't being aired constantly it has become something people actively will seek out... if it's close enough to Christmas to matter, instead of being some random thing NBC puts on whenever.

As for SVU, Capt. Cragen already mentioned retirement earlier in this season, so it was expected. That said, with Cragen out it's just Benson from the original cast and she's turned into a soap opera as well, this show is quickly seeking a grave to throw itself into. But at least we'll still have Ice-T to goof on with his gangsta lisp.
Flag
Is Dann Florek going into retirement or is he going to seek other roles? If he hadn't played Dan Creegan, and more importantly, had the opportunity to return to the role and play him another 15 seasons, Florek would probably be best known as Roxanne's weasily husband on L.A. Law, assuming he was remembered at all.
Flag
Why do all these new robot show seem like they're taking pieces of iRobot and running with it... Almost Human has the guy who doesn't trust robots, but was saved by their technology and now Tin Man has this whole accused of killing your creator thing..... Can we think a little outside the box with this premise.
Flag
Best news ever! So keen for Orphan Black Season 2 :DD
Flag
It's disgraceful to ever reschedule It's a Wonderful Life.
Flag
Reschedule or remake?

It's more disgraceful to watch it.

But the Duck Dynasty crowd will watch the remake. And love it.
Flag
It's been a tradition of mine for most my life to sit down and enjoy that beautiful masterpiece. There is simply no way to justify its upheaval.
Flag
I watch Sean Saves the World, thank you very much :)!
Flag
Good for you, Sarah! A critically negative review from Tim should always be taken with a grain of salt. The man just doesn't know what's good! Mind you, I've never watched "Sean Saves the World," but he and I never agree on anything.
Flag
Damn, I love Adam Shankman, hope he gets it together in rehab.
Flag
I hate even reading about Happy Endings... ABC and then networks everywhere failed us all by cancelling/not picking it up!

reairing The Sound Of Music makes no sense... it had so many viewers before and they all saw how crap it was, I don't see anybody why anybody would want to rewatching it and those who did see it will know it's bad and should change their mind.
Flag
I wish Dan Florek the best in the future. His character was one of the few bearable characters on SVU in the last 5 years.

As for Megan Mullaly....why why WHY? The only way they could possibly save Sean would be to bring in Will and Grace. And even then, it wouldn't be a sure thing.

The marathons of Being Human and The Twilight Zone sound awesome. Not so sure about the Christmas marathon, but at least they are sticking to their tradition of really cheesy schlock on the Christmas holiday.
Flag
I'd so much prefer to see Gabriel Macht on Orphan Black, that would be just awesome.
Flag
"Bailing" from SVU? Quit making things up, Tim.

"In the real world, which we try to very hard to simulate, NYPD has mandatory retirement before your 63rd birthday. And we were trying to figure out how to deal with it," [Show runner Warren] Leight told Zap2It when Belzer left the show. "The reason NYPD does it is because you can't have 65-year-old guys running after guys. It is a hard and fast rule."
Flag
That might explain some of Shankman's behavior on SYTYCD, wish the guy well. Not quite the Happy Endings news i was hoping to hear but if you haven't watched it yet for some unknown reason check it out, extremely great series. I <3 Alex so much.
Flag
Justified trailer looks great. Hopefully they put the "Marco Polo" one that aired during Sons of Anarchy online soon. I loved that one.
Flag
Good, maybe Mullally can kill Sean Saves the World like she did Breaking In. And then NBC can find something, anything else.
Flag
Thank you Vh1! Now just acquire the rights to Don't Trust the B---- in Apt. 23, and you will completely have me as a loyal fan.
Flag
Don't Trust the B is on Netflix!
Flag
Follow this Show
Members