Will & Grace

Fagmalion Part One: Gay It Forward

Aired Monday 9:30 PM Jan 16, 2003 on NBC

• Will and Jack decide to help Barry while Grace has issues with her neighbour...

This episode is typically convoluted. First Jack wants Barry for himself - then he dumps him onto Will - Will doesn't want him either - but they feel guilty and decide to help him. There's some silly laughs here and this is the start of the 'Barry' storyline. The better storyline is Grace with new neighbor Julie. Grace has some great scenes while she is massaged/hugged by Julie and Deborah Messing reminds viewers of Lucille Ball when her eyes light up with 'inappropriate touching'. Karen is funny too when Grace tries to explain how Julie touched her...Rosanna has a great time playing Julie and she will also reappear in the future.
  • Gay It Forward

Jack and Barry are my favorite parts of this episode. Not only does Jack over course take everything to such a severe and crazy degree he does it all histaricly, while making some great comedic moments in the process. I love how Will and Grace can really do a lot with guest stars, Barry is one of my favorite guest roles of the series.

Will: Why are you in my life, you awful, awful woman?
    Karen: The point is, you're desperate and he's family. So why don't you two join together in misery and make a rotten go of it, huh?

Jack: Will, you don't understand. We have to help the new gays. Nurture them, make them beautiful. We have to Gay It Forward. Will: How long have you been sitting on that one? Jack: Since the movie came out.