Will & Grace Forums

NBC (ended 2006)

Episodes from Debra's pregnancy onwards were awful

willandgracefan

[1]May 31, 2006
    • level: 6

I believe that all the episodes of Will and Grace before Debra's pregnancy were timeless gold. They were amazing. From Season 1 to 5 they were magic.

After she had the baby the episodes went downhill. I don't know why.

Do people agree?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Matt_Purosky

[2]Jun 3, 2006
    • level: 25

I totally agree, but I thought the series was golden up to Season 6. Season 7 had a good start but at "Will & Grace & Vince & Nadine" is just went downhill.

And I especially agree about Grace's pregnancy, if you ask me, babies ruin shows. I used to watch Malcolm in the Middle and gave up after the first season b/c of the baby, and even when I was a huge Friends fan I avoided certain episodes. I must be getting tired of baby cliches, b/c I used to watch Rugrats and I've been through it all. Although the actual episodes afterwards... "Grace Expectations" was a major disappointment, but from then on it went uphill until the finale IMO, where it just dropped again, but then again "Cowboys and Iranians" was filmed earlier and was improperly orderly aired so she wasn't pregnant.

Wait... I thought you said it didn't go downhill and if I were a true fan of the show I would agree! But then again, I used to be a diehard fan of the show until that incident in February 2005, even when "Will & Grace & Vince & Nadine" aired I thought it was going downhill, but not by much, until then. However, I've shown that I'll always be a fan of the show even if it goes downhill!

(Though some took it the wrong way and thought it meant I didn't like the show anymore)

Edited on 06/03/2006 9:57pm
    Edited 2 total times.

willandgracefan

[3]Jun 3, 2006
    • level: 6
    All i want to say is that i think the show went downhill from Season 6 - 8. All the episodes from season 1 - 5 were golden. In Season 6 when Debra was pregnant and not in most eps the show went downhill. I don't think it went downhill because she was out of the episdoes i just think the quality of them went down for some reason and it's obvious to tell.
    Edited on 06/03/2006 9:50pm

Kev3331

[4]Jun 5, 2006
    • level: 9
    I agree with you in the case of season 6 , some of the eps were classics but you could really feel Grace's absence when Debra was on maternity leave.However I don't think you can blame her pregnancy on the overall quality of wrtiting  in the shows later season.
    Anyway in my opinion Season 7 picked up a little, some stinkers, but on the whole good. I did really have a soft spot for season 8, maybe coz it was the last one or just coz it was a return to form after two somewhat weak seasons but i really enjoyed it.

halliwell8

[5]Jun 6, 2006
    • level: 9
    There were some 'not so great' episodes in season 6. Especially in the end when Debra couldn't appear. Season 7 had great ones but, especially in the second half, some worse ones too. I really enjoyed season 8, I thought the writing was some what better but maybe I realised it was the last season. But I enjoyed this season more then last season for sure. So the stories in season 6-7 were a bit less then in previous season. But every season has it's 'not so great' episodes...which is logical.

cale1234567

[6]Aug 22, 2012
    • level: 7

to be honest i think the rot started alot earlier than that

when it became huge and every week was a guest star like michael douglas or somone else who just didt work

that was when i stopped watching

shame it was truly great

cale1234567

[7]Aug 30, 2012
    also i remember the rushed marrage plot it was terrible she justs gets married in the park one day
    to some weird looking guy she just met
    are they kidding?
    and they he goes off to africa because the chinless dude with the funny nose had a singin career on the sly
    and couldnt be in most of the episodes so then they drag the break up out past tedium.
    It would have been more beliveable if they hadnt gone straight from newly weds to seperated
    How does a show go from best show to terrible

im actually watching the show again now
    and i remeber ho much i love it
    i may not feel the same once i get to the later ones but for now nirvana baby

cale1234567

[8]Aug 31, 2012
    in answer to the question ive just reached the epsidoes were debra mesing(or lion-o as i like to call her) is clearly pregnant but they just ignore it??
    they dont film her from the neck up or come up with a clever plot to cover it up
    dam that lazy
    didnt they do that in fraiser?