Will & Grace Forums

NBC (ended 2006)

Final Episode - Your Thoughts

MariaNovi108

[21]May 18, 2006
    • level: 7
    A perfect ending -- I loved it. I'm all weepy now! Gonna miss those guys!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Martini_D

[22]May 18, 2006
    • level: 10
    MariaNovi108 wrote:
    A perfect ending -- I loved it. I'm all weepy now! Gonna miss those guys!

I will missed them too. They did a great job! The finale was amazing.

ccrickzz28

[23]May 18, 2006
    • level: 8

I love how they went into the future! Six Feet Under did this and I loved it when they did it!

It was like no other finale i have ever seen...

It truley ended the story of Will & Grace.

txgirl75

[24]May 18, 2006
    • level: 23
    Will and Grace did a great job. I loved how it did the future and everying. It was very well done. Can't believe it's over there is no more good shows on Thursday nights anymore. NBC has pretty much lost good shows from what i saw it fall schedules. What a shame.

DrGreene422

[25]May 18, 2006
    • level: 12
    There's still ER!

wgchief

[26]May 18, 2006
    • level: 6
    i think that i have to watch it again... im just so devestated... but one thing that i cant wrap my brain around is that WILL AND GRACE DIDNT TAKE FOR 20 YEARS!, how sad is that. two eppys ago Will said, ill be there through diapers, and college etc. and he wasnt. They are just too glood of friends to not talk for that long... but now they are related

tdakoo

[27]May 18, 2006
    • level: 16
    I thought this was a great episode. So many time a series ends and you think "But what happens next?" Will and Grace didn't do that and the episode takes them into their sixties (which I thought they should have had some mroe make-up to make them look older.)

But I thought this was the perfect way to end the series.

maureen_johnson

[28]May 18, 2006
    • level: 16
    I realy liked this episode. I was crying by the time Jack and Karen were singing "Unforgettable". Just really emotional. I didn't even know that it had ended until they started to roll the credits at the bottom of my television screen. To be honest, I really didn't want it to end at all. I cannot wait unitl I can buy it on DVD to watch over and over.

speedigy

[29]May 18, 2006
    • level: 14

This two hour finale with a one hour reflection and a one hour episode really made me feel that Will & Grace went out with a bang. It's always sad to see a show end, but then I think about the life a new show is given to take that empty slot. This final episode was a great way to end the series. It didn't have much about the present, but instead went into the future. It was nice to see where the four friends were going to go and not have that lingering question what happened? I thought it was very cute how so much of this final episode reflected onto previous seasons and it was nice to see some old guest stars.

The first hour was just as special as the second. Like what NBC did with Friends, the Say Good-bye Gracie 'episode' made me look at the series in a totally different way. I practically cried and I have to say that these final episodes made me cry and I'm not an emotional person at all.

Good night Will & Grace. Thank you for eight years of laughter.

jedicathiecat

[30]May 18, 2006
    • level: 1

While I think the end was good, I don't like the end, I wanted the fairy tale ending, Jack and Karen got a fairy tale ending.. why couldn't have Will and Grace as well?  I'm sad about it.. and I never liked Leo or Vince, Leo was never anything but a jerk the whole series through.. and  Vince was never a good match for Will at all.. while all this was just my opinion.. I am curious if anyone shares it.

jedicathiecat

[31]May 18, 2006
    don't mean to double post.. but have to add that at least if they could not give the fairy tale to Will and Grace they did give it to their kids.

TheTSArt

[32]May 18, 2006
    • level: 10
    Going into it, I was afraid I would not be happy with how it was going to end. I hate that Will & Grace lost touch for so long, but that does happen.

After last week's 7th Heaven ending that left me feeling kind of "hollow" (for lack of a better word), Will & Grace didn't do that.

It helped to know that things worked out for them and that their friendship was destined for something bigger.

I like My Name Is Earl, but Thursdays will not be the same without W&G.

jedicathiecat

[33]May 18, 2006
    this episode reminded me of the Mad About You finale'. It had a similar ending.. and was painful as well.. I guess painful in a good way, while I wanted a different ending it was a realistic albeit emotional and upsetting ending in some ways.. just the fact that they are supposed to have separated for twenty years while two of their closest friends remained together.. that is not really realistic.. they would have known how the other was doing..... ah well.. alls well that ends well... I prefer to think at some point Leo and Vince are gone again, and Will and Grace can be together again.

CoxWacko

[34]May 18, 2006
    • level: 6
    THREE CHEERS FOR WILL AND GRACE!! HIP HIP HOORAY HIP HIP HOORAY  HIP HIP HOORAY !!!! I thought it ended perfectly

gentlespirit512

[35]May 18, 2006
    • level: 5
    Now there was an ending. Will and Grace lost each other for a long time, but fate or destiny brought them back together again just as it did the first time. Jack and Karen finally grew up. I do wish they could have found their true loves, but maybe they found something even better. I thought Grace and Leo were divorced at the end, until Grace said he was working. Overall, they handled the time jumps well, and it was a satisfying ending. Thank goodness there's a rerun on in 30 minutes. At least that will go on!

jedicathiecat

[36]May 18, 2006
    I would have been much happier if Grace had divorced Leo..I think my main issue is that Leo was such a jerk.. if she had been divorced from him.. or never remarried him.. that would have made the end much better for me.. even if she had never found Will.. or not wound up with Will.. but just on the whole Leo was a jerk.

curlyqt1986

[37]May 18, 2006
    • level: 11
    i got to say

when wills and graces kids were at college and i heard them say their names i started to get teary eyed and them getting married

i thought it was a good ending as long as their all still friends thats good

great show

OnE_CenT_X

[38]May 18, 2006
    • level: 2
    Will and Grace series finales is one of the best finales I've seen if not the best. Friends was predictable, Everybody Loves Raymond was okay but didn't feel like it was ending, Seinfeld was just Seinfeld but Will and Grace finally was so smart and so beautifully done that I wished I watch the show from the very start. They did something that others shows didn't think of which was what would happen to the characters in the future, which was so very smart I wonder why other shows didn't think of it. The things with finales are that you’re never satisfied at the end, you want more, but with this finale I was satisfied and happy to see how they end up at the end, it’s very gratifying. I love how Sean and Megan did "Unforgettable" at the end of the show, it was a nice touch and I actually felt sad and wanted to cry but didn't because you know I'm a MAN, ARRRGHHH. All in all Thanks to everyone at Will and Grace for 8 great years and BRAVO!

gentlespirit512

[39]May 18, 2006
    • level: 5
    Unfortunately, yeah, I think Leo was a bit of a jerk. But the writers decided he would be Grace's true love, so I think it was right to put her together with him in the end. Honestly, I would have been afraid of something similar to the dream if I were Grace, too. I would hate to think that Will and Grace stayed together to raise the baby and wound up hating each other like they did in that awful dream!

jedicathiecat

[40]May 18, 2006
    I agree with what you are saying about the dream. . and yes, I do actually do agree that for Will and Grace to have given up all else and then been that way to each other would have been horrible... but the chemistry with Leo/Vince was never there.. and it left a lot to be desired for the end to show to have them wind up with Leo/Vince

I think love forlorn and lost is better than bad love or no love.. and for Will and Grace to wind up with Leo and Vince just seemed like bad love.. nothing beautiful about it.