Will & Grace Forums

NBC (ended 2006)

Final Episode - Your Thoughts

pisceandreams

[101]Aug 26, 2006
    • level: 40
    pamhalpert wrote:
    I wasn't really sure where they were going with this episode until the last few minutes. At first I didn't care for it; but it all made sense at the end. For some reason; I always thought that during the final episode; Will would turn straight and hook up with Grace; or he would hook up with Jack.

gentlespirit512 wrote:
    And if he had done either, it would have ruined the whole show. Will was a gay man, and no matter how perfect Grace was for him, she wasn't the right person for him to spend the rest of his life with. And Jack wanted different things for his life, so he and Will would have never survived as a couple.

Gentlesprit, I agree whole-heartedly! Will wouldn't just suddenly become straight and be with Grace! That would have made me so mad had they done that.

Also, Will and Jack would never, ever work as a couple. There were times throughout season 8 when the show was hinting at that possibility, and I was prepared to be horrified if they had ended up together in the finale but they didn't!

In response to robin's post, it's unfortunate that Will and Grace didn't speak for so long, but it was necessary for them to not speak so that they could move on with their lives and be happy with their significant others. Their seperation was the only way that they would grow as people. Had they never spoken again, then that would be worth getting mad about, but they way they did it was perfect, I think...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

alli9422

[102]Aug 27, 2006
    • level: 12
    it was a ok episode i still wished he wouldnt come back and maybe grace would've asked will to adopt her baby. that would've been cute.

The_AG

[103]Sep 7, 2006
    • level: 13
    I thought it was very different...not sure that would be the way I would have ended it...but I think that the Jump to many years down the line was just wonderful...I think it was great! I would give it a 4/5 rating

mikzack

[104]Sep 14, 2006
    • level: 2

First of all, I want to say, I like Will&Grace so much. Altough it's kind a loss it's touch around the sixth season… but it’s got better this last seasons.

Finale episode, it was good to me, I like it! I agree that they made Will didn’t end up with Grace for the rest their life, because it’s going to be like the dream Grace had. I like when each end up with love of their life, Will and Vince, Grace and Leo. Altough they could end up with better and more match person and character than Vince and Leo. But it’s still good! That sweet.

And about Jack and Karen still friend together, and ohhh… the “Unforgetable” song that they sing at the end and after finish that, they did the “belly kissing” just like when they first met, it’s awesome!

Altough I don’t agree that Will&Grace didn’t see each other for 20 years, no way!

I mean, they are best friends! Didn’t see each other for that long it’s possible! They’ve already made up, no hard fellings, they lived in the same town, doesn’t make any sense to me. But then I thought, if that happen, they kids wouldn’t end up marry, becoz they will be like brother and sister, don’t u think?

Anyway…... the show ending good, I will miss this show! Love it! Good work & good bye….

dippinface

[105]Oct 3, 2006
    • level: 11
    i'm a big big big fan of the show, and this finally was the best, it was the saddest thing they could have come up with, i just cried and cried. it just touched me. I loved the ending at that first bar we saw them in and they really never changed. they laughed and cried they learned and they were still the same people we fell in love with. i'll miss them so much.

NoOneFanilow

[106]Oct 3, 2006
    • level: 7

dippinface wrote:
    i'm a big big big fan of the show, and this finally was the best, it was the saddest thing they could have come up with, i just cried and cried. it just touched me. I loved the ending at that first bar we saw them in and they really never changed. they laughed and cried they learned and they were still the same people we fell in love with. i'll miss them so much.

Was the ending when they all looked how they normally look showing us that this was all a dream in the episode, and that infact the final episode was really what ever did happen to baby Gin?

dippinface

[107]Oct 4, 2006
    that really wasn't what they ment by showing them how they were.

NoOneFanilow

[108]Oct 4, 2006
    dippinface wrote:
    that really wasn't what they ment by showing them how they were.

what did they mean exactly? I didn;t quite get that seeing as the whole episode was jumping ahead.

dippinface

[109]Oct 5, 2006
    it was just what will said: "You know what's funny? We haven't changed a bit." Since they are always jumping ahead and you see how they lost touch, met again, then lost touch again and then meet again to have their kids wed and remember the old days, you don't know how much they had really changed in order to fall apart like that. And then those to sentences are the reassurance that together or not they are still the same and that's what brought them near again, therefor why they show them again like they used to be physicaly in order for us to remember that they are still the same, the same young people we loved, despite having grown old. So, in the end they got to a point in life where they were taken to the begining again... so many years without talking and they now have a second chance to claim what they had lost and build their relationship all over again. But maybe that's just my way of seeing it, i just know for sure that it wasn't supposed to be taken like a dream they had.

NoOneFanilow

[110]Oct 5, 2006

dippinface wrote:
    it was just what will said: "You know what's funny? We haven't changed a bit." Since they are always jumping ahead and you see how they lost touch, met again, then lost touch again and then meet again to have their kids wed and remember the old days, you don't know how much they had really changed in order to fall apart like that. And then those to sentences are the reassurance that together or not they are still the same and that's what brought them near again, therefor why they show them again like they used to be physicaly in order for us to remember that they are still the same, the same young people we loved, despite having grown old. So, in the end they got to a point in life where they were taken to the begining again... so many years without talking and they now have a second chance to claim what they had lost and build their relationship all over again. But maybe that's just my way of seeing it, i just know for sure that it wasn't supposed to be taken like a dream they had.

thank you!

that really cleared things up.

dippinface

[111]Oct 6, 2006
    u'r welcome

lozza1525

[112]Oct 11, 2006
    • level: 33
    I cried and cried at the end of the episode. When Will made a reference to George Clooney being back on ER, 20 years later that just got me! Because the first scene of the first ever episode, Will was watching ER! The final scene ever was great, perfect music and setting.

awesomemel87

[113]Jan 18, 2007
    • level: 4
    i was broken hearted that will and grace fell out of contact but it was for the best and as the ep goes on the story makes more sence it is really one of those eps where you have to watch the whole thing to understand it but a fitting end to a fantastic show i cant wait til all the seasons are out on DVD

awesomemel87

[114]Jan 18, 2007
    i was broken hearted that will and grace fell out of contact but it was for the best and as the ep goes on the story makes more sence it is really one of those eps where you have to watch the whole thing to understand it but a fitting end to a fantastic show i cant wait til all the seasons are out on DVD

Julsus

[115]Feb 2, 2007
    • level: 35
    Last ep just aired in Australia. While I did think it was good, I was also disappointed. Felt cheated we didn't get to see Grace have her baby. And felt sad that after being friends for so long they lost touch twice. But Jack & Karen made up for it. Though they never addressed Jack's acting career.

NoOneFanilow

[116]Feb 3, 2007
    maybe beause he has no acting career. LOL

Julsus

[117]Feb 4, 2007
    • level: 35
    But wasn't he playing a cop on a TV show?

mortz69

[118]Feb 5, 2007
    • level: 5
    i was more suprised about will and vinces baby, i wished they had of shown hey they got the baby whether they adopted or had somebody donate etc.
    but on another not i loved the final episode! i thought it was fantastic and ended great with them all beinbg friends again.
    i loved the whole flash forward to when will & grace's kids go to college and end up getting married.. it was hilarious!
    and karen and jacks one-liners were perfect as always!
    i will definately miss this show!!

RebaNell

[119]Feb 7, 2007
    I thought it was a great episode!!!!!

StEpHaNiE2007

[120]Mar 23, 2007
    • level: 10
    I loved it - good ending even though im not so keen on Leo. I cried when Karen and Jack sang unforgettable because i've loved them both for so long. Still as far as finales go this was one of the best. And i loved the shot of them at the end in the bar. Unforgettable!!!